Is it me or do others find BB's marketing plan not very inspiring.

Frank Boublen's market strategy does nothing to get people excited about BB10 devices and the brand.

They could have done so much more to promote the attributes and differentiators.

There was such a window of opportunity recently to jump all over the privacy and security features of BB.

Frank you recieve an "F" for fail!
    08-23-13 12:17 PM
    I 1000% percent agree with you.

If you don't show the features of the phone and make it engaging and humorous (Think Samsung S3/4 commercials) then no one wants it.

I tweeted blackberry a few days ago with a marketing idea of 'Not Your Daddy's Blackberry. Showcase all the features of BB10 and the fluidity of the OS. Make it cool not drab.

Hopefully someone listens.
    08-23-13 12:23 PM
    Hers my commercial idea for blackberry.

....date when BlackBerry Messenger came out in screen...

Voice narrates things that the app did back then and how it was innovative along with video on how it worked..

...2013 on screen...

What BBM does now...

...the word FIRST in screen....

Then the BlackBerry logo...

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 08:33 PM
    Another commercial.....

Same as above but now the date shows when the first true smart phone came out from black berry...

State how it was innovative at the time over a video in how it was used....

The date 2013 comes on the screen....

Now it narrated that the bb10 os is the newest OS out there, with being faster, easier, and button less... the true future of smartphones over a video of the how's of the OS...

Black screen with the word FIRST on screen....

...BlackBerry logo...

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 08:42 PM
    They do have the new Robert Downey Jr ads coming out, hopefully the next few will be funnier then the first, but atleast their going out and actually spending money on advertising big now. If they play the RDJ card right it could work really well and be really funny and grab people's attention. I think the blackberry lovers already know that the new phones are awesome, good advertising could get regular smartphone users to atleast remember them when they are in the store picking out new phones.

Sent from HTC One /BlackBerry Q10
    08-23-13 08:46 PM
    Privacy and security? Yawnnnnn...

Even with all the news about privacy these days, everyone knows (or at least assumes) that if the NSA wants to read something on their phones, a BlackBerry ain't gonna stop them.

I mean really? Privacy and security? That's your big marketing idea? The sheeple prefer a Starbucks app to "security" that can be broken anyway. And I agree with them.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:15 PM
    Boulben will be happy to walk away with nice $$$ together with Thor and Alicia. Poor performance so far.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 04:39 AM
    Keep moving
    08-24-13 04:48 AM
    In my opinion it's Frank's fault nobody knows about BlackBerry 10. Frank is the one to blame for hiring the useless Alicia. At the end it's Thor's fault to have Frank on board so... yeah, in my view those three should have done a much better job.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 04:58 AM
    What irks me the most may be the simplest trick that Blackberry may have overlooked. I don't know about US retailers but why the hell are bb10 display phones turned off at the stores? How are they expecting people to try and judge the new OS if they cannot interact with it? To me this is just plain stupid.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 07:36 AM
    Blaming just marketing for BB10's performance ignores the bigger issues with the product that truly caused this situation.
    08-24-13 07:55 AM
    Blaming just marketing for BB10's performance ignores the bigger issues with the product that truly caused this situation.
    I agree. As of right now os10 devices aren't that great when compared to flagship devices (Samsung, HTC, Nokia, and Apple).

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    08-24-13 08:43 AM
    IMO, The executive management team and BOD's are all responsible partially for the current state if affairs not just the CMO. In terms of Boulbien, I think he's done his best within his abilities however, it's not quite enough. Just note the awkward interactions between him and Alicia Keys while on stage at various BB events. Alicia is cool and connected to people. Frank sounds like a robot. An intellectual at the expense of heart and spirit which doesn't bode well. For relating and connecting to people. The way Frank is could be a clue about the entire organization and what is valued internally. Intellect is good and necessary, but alone cannot change minds and purchasing behaviors. Marketing needs feeling skills too. Just look at how apple's marketing simply and beautifully evokes feelings (mac vs. Pc ads and their current campaign about how it affects people's lives).

I hope BB can turn it around. Why not run a nationwide contest for a marketing campaign? LOL
    08-24-13 08:44 AM
    @Sniper06: BlackBerry doesn't sit at HQ and decide to remove the display cases. The carriers decide what to display, and they display that which they think can sell. Thy only have limited real estate, and they're not going to waste display space on a line of phones that simply doest capture customers' interest.

This forum is really bereft of business knowledge. To suggest that BlackBerry sat there and said, "let's get rid of the display cases in the Verizon stores" is a monumental misunderstanding of the way the business world works. *shakeshead*

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 08:52 AM
    @Benjamin, i was not talking about increasing display cases. I was talking about why wete the BB10 phones not in display mode. How are the consumer gonna try the phone if they are not turned on?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 09:17 AM
    Well the Verizon booth at Costco in Warminster, Pa has both Z & Q. I asked the sales guy about them and they have sold a few of both. He didn't but the store did. He said Samsung is by far the biggest seller followed by Apple. He also said that he would never recommend BlackBerry since there is nothing better about it. Sad.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 09:18 AM
    He said Samsung is by far the biggest seller followed by Apple. He also said that he would never recommend BlackBerry since there is nothing better about it. Sad.
    What's sad? The fact he said that? Or the fact they're not immersed enough in the BlackBerry 10 experience to recommend one?
    08-24-13 09:47 AM
    One thing everyone can agree on...FIRE FRANK...give him a one way ticket to France

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 09:49 AM