As much as I would want it to be the other way round, i don't see that happening. Nokia has been selling fairly well due to good phones at amazingly cheap prices, something "NO ONE AT BLACKBERRY" seems to know apparently. But more so, I say this because, third party developers are forcing their way with instagram apps to the point of making instagram very aware of the situation and thinking of saving themselves from a third party, taking a shine from their works. VP of Nokia also did let it out in Thailand and that goes a long way to solidify the statement above. Where are the blackberry Devs? Can't anyone create a better third party instagram app like INSTANCE.?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, CrackFachry and Etios like this.
    08-22-13 07:59 PM
    have to admit the windows phone instagram app i downloaded yesterday works pretty good. almost like the real thing. No needing to get a APK convert with a debug token and load with a PC. I am not sure why we dont have any devs working on a 3rd party app like on windows
    CrackFachry and Etios like this.
    08-22-13 08:33 PM
    Well, Windows Phone has a lead time that Blackberry could use right now...we could have Instagram too if we had the same amount of time ahead...but unfortunately it seems the door is closing fast, yikes..

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 09:34 PM
    Frankly, there are no more excuses to made on bb's behalf. It's freaking BlackBerry man! Instagram should have been available by now

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 09:48 PM
    Is it Nokia or Windows Phone getting Instagram? I ask because if it is Windows Phone then we see why BlackBerry needs hardware partners.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 10:45 PM
    I guess side loading won't suffice
    08-23-13 09:14 AM
    Its windows phone
    08-23-13 09:17 AM
    Well, Windows Phone has a lead time that Blackberry could use right now...we could have Instagram too if we had the same amount of time ahead...but unfortunately it seems the door is closing fast, yikes..

Posted via CB10
    What lead time? WP8 was launched in November of 2012, three months is not huge.

Windows and specifically Nokia have had active campaigns (Instawithlove) and strategies to get Instagram on board and it seems to be working, the newest 3rd party app 6tag was developed with instagram's cooperation.

What is Blackberry doing to woo instagram or 3rd party developers?
    08-23-13 09:58 AM
    Is it Nokia or Windows Phone getting Instagram? I ask because if it is Windows Phone then we see why BlackBerry needs hardware partners.

Posted via CB10
    Both run the same software so it sums it up. It's the software the app runs on not really the phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 05:03 PM
    Frankly, there are no more excuses to made on bb's behalf. It's freaking BlackBerry man! Instagram should have been available by now

Posted via CB10
    They talk about this briefly on the last CrackBerry podcast. Interesting discussion.
    08-23-13 05:12 PM
    have to admit the windows phone instagram app i downloaded yesterday works pretty good. almost like the real thing. No needing to get a APK convert with a debug token and load with a PC. I am not sure why we dont have any devs working on a 3rd party app like on windows
    Are you talking about 6tag? BTW, how is your Lumia 510 (I believe that is the model that you bought). I personally am excited about the 6" phablets that Nokia is unveiling next month and I might not to snag one. Windows Phone 8 looks like a great OS.
    08-23-13 09:27 PM
    I believe Instago, just an Instagram viewer, was released to good reviews. Although it didn't support photo uploads at all, I believe a good Instagram app will soon come, official and/or otherwise. And then the Instagram fanatics can finally rejoice.

On another front, when is Songza, the native version coming out? Anyone knows about that?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 09:38 PM
    What lead time? WP8 was launched in November of 2012, three months is not huge.

Windows and specifically Nokia have had active campaigns (Instawithlove) and strategies to get Instagram on board and it seems to be working, the newest 3rd party app 6tag was developed with instagram's cooperation.

What is Blackberry doing to woo instagram or 3rd party developers?
    But it doesn't take much to port Windows 7 apps into 8, whereas BB10 started from scratch.

Meanwhile, there was a report Instagram would soon be coming out on BB10, but as mentioned by Kevin on the most recent Crackberry podcast, it was delayed due to the team working on Instagram Video, under Facebook's leadership.

It's coming, just not sure when. IMO a few more months to wait isn't a long time for a photo app I have sideloaded for some time now.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 09:46 PM
    With the last statement, about the possible selling of blackberry I think nothing will happen until :

1 - BlackBerry is selled or find a partner with a good company with much cash and a good image

2 - the next quarter Q2 number shows us (I don't know with wich miracle) that the blackberry OS 10 is selling very good or progress...

I don't see a Dev make update or decide to bring is application to a "dead company walking"...

Don't miss understand me I love all blackberry products but now with this statement everyone will wait before invest time or money in this OS
    08-23-13 10:06 PM
    Are you talking about 6tag? BTW, how is your Lumia 510 (I believe that is the model that you bought). I personally am excited about the 6" phablets that Nokia is unveiling next month and I might not to snag one. Windows Phone 8 looks like a great OS.
    yes 6tag and the experience is close to stock instagram app with full capabilities I think.

I did get the Lumia 521 and so far its been a good experience. It does lack some apps like bb10 but they it does have many that BB10 still doesnt. The OS does have a little learning curve like BB10 but I like it better each day when I play with it more. Notifications are lacking but there are some apps that improve them. The big thing is that for $119 tax and shipping included I got the phone, tmoble sim, case, earbuds, car and home charger. Battery is on par with my Z10 and N4 I would say, maybe a little less but it does have a much smaller battery than either of the other 2 devices. BB has nothing that can compete at this level and its killing them I think. It will be interesting to see the next 2-3 months of data of sales between MS and BB.
    ajst222 likes this.
    08-23-13 10:13 PM
    yes 6tag and the experience is close to stock instagram app with full capabilities I think.

I did get the Lumia 521 and so far its been a good experience. It does lack some apps like bb10 but they it does have many that BB10 still doesnt. The OS does have a little learning curve like BB10 but I like it better each day when I play with it more. Notifications are lacking but there are some apps that improve them. The big thing is that for $119 tax and shipping included I got the phone, tmoble sim, case, earbuds, car and home charger. Battery is on par with my Z10 and N4 I would say, maybe a little less but it does have a much smaller battery than either of the other 2 devices. BB has nothing that can compete at this level and its killing them I think. It will be interesting to see the next 2-3 months of data of sales between MS and BB.
    Ah that's right. I think that the 510 is an old WP7 device. Anyway, thanks for the info! I'm sure the Live Tiles do a good enough job at displaying notifications and it certainly is a different way but a notification bar is supposed to arrive with WP8.1. I also agree that BlackBerry is hurting in the lower end part of the market. In all honesty though, I predict a better outcome for Windows Phone 8 than BB10.
    08-23-13 10:25 PM