Anyone else?
    Just got a VzW Q10 software update notification-img_00000689.png

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 03:13 PM
    I know this is a bit off topic, but why is the top bar with the time blue on yours? I noticed it in the leaked A10 videos as well. On the Z it's black. Something to do with the screen cap?

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.2.0.1323
    08-22-13 03:22 PM
    Wow Verizon getting the MR already. Cool stuff man

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 03:23 PM
    It switches to blue in my HUB I guess to match the highlights in everything else. Fades to black when I go back out of the HUB. So I guess I don't have a real answer, but that's what happens on mine haha. Hopefully someone knows.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 03:26 PM
    Got the same, posted in the Verizon forum.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ZeroBarrier; 08-22-13 at 05:16 PM.
    08-22-13 03:30 PM
    I know this is a bit off topic, but why is the top bar with the time blue on yours? I noticed it in the leaked A10 videos as well. On the Z it's black. Something to do with the screen cap?

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.2.0.1323
    same thing on my q with .2030 ATT official. turns to blue in hub, black everywhere else.
    08-22-13 03:33 PM
    Likewise, blue in my hub as well, almost done installing this update on my VZW Q
    08-22-13 03:54 PM
    Let us know how it goes. I'm currently at work and depend on my Q10, so I can't afford to have any significant down time or lose my notes on the Remember app right now.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 03:57 PM
    About to back it up just in case.

Should I be worried about losing sideloaded apps?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 04:04 PM
    Wow fast update. I only just got the .4181 update a few days ago with Telus/Q10.lol.
    08-22-13 04:09 PM
    Just got the prompt as well. Going to back up when I get home and then install.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 04:13 PM
    Yeah, I backed up before installing - forgot about my sideloaded apps, oh well, if I lose them I will just reinstall

Will let you know how it goes. It's stuck on part 2 of 2, suuuuper slow
    08-22-13 04:15 PM
    Yes! and I am now receiving "your login info for IMAP server (mail.q.com) has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings." I did not change anything and I reviewed my settings - I cannot see any changes. Suggestions? Thank you!!
    08-22-13 04:17 PM
    Yeah, I backed up before installing - forgot about my sideloaded apps, oh well, if I lose them I will just reinstall

Will let you know how it goes. It's stuck on part 2 of 2, suuuuper slow
    I was more thinking if they'll still work. I assume they will, but just want to make sure
    08-22-13 04:19 PM
    Alright, so finally finished installing, the device took almost 10 full minutes to fully reboot (it prompts you to reboot right after install) and since that reboot, running EXTREMELY laggy, when I pressed the power button it lagged to shut off the screen (standby) so I just did a good ol' fashioned Blackberry battery pull... let's see what happens...

oh and there is now a green "tutorial" icon. I'll post pics once it reboots

Also, my sideloaded apps remained in place, but I will let you know if they work still

edit: trying to take a screenshot but holding down both volume rockers no longer takes a screenshot, wtf?!?!?!

noticed that the calendar is white. also, a bunch of the native apps (like the browser) hang when you launch them.... same thing for the camera, and my contacts, though all contacts are still there.

Also, they changed the email settings, when I rebooted it asked me to re-enter all of my passwords, the google email looks different in settings.
    08-22-13 04:42 PM
    Off topic, but I wonder how many threads will be created today due to this and people starting threads and not searching...

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 04:43 PM
    Alright, so finally finished installing, the device took almost 10 full minutes to fully reboot (it prompts you to reboot right after install) and since that reboot, running EXTREMELY laggy, when I pressed the power button it lagged to shut off the screen (standby) so I just did a good ol' fashioned Blackberry battery pull... let's see what happens...

Also, my sideloaded apps remained in place, but I will let you know if they work still

edit: trying to take a screenshot but holding down both volume rockers no longer takes a screenshot, wtf?!?!?!
    BB10 doesn't need battery pulls... Why not let the OS settle in? You do realize there's things the OS is doing in the background due to updating, no? Give it time and it'll eventually settle in and stop lagging.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 04:46 PM
    Got the same, posted in the Verizon forum.

Seems as if Verizon is pushing an update to both the Q10 & Z10 simultaneously.

Posted via CB10
    Did you get an update for the Z10? Haven't seen it yet on mine.
    08-22-13 04:56 PM
    BB10 doesn't need battery pulls... Why not let the OS settle in? You do realize there's things the OS is doing in the background due to updating, no? Give it time and it'll eventually settle in and stop lagging.

Posted via CB10
    No, I thought it would be running smooth once it rebooted, like how the legacy devices did, or like how an iPhone runs extremely smooth after any software update. This isn't 2003 anymore, I didn't think software still had to "settle down" especially with these specs, and this realtime OS.

Now, onto better things - here is a screenshot of the new icon that appeared with this update:

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by thedose; 08-22-13 at 05:15 PM.
    08-22-13 05:02 PM
    Did you get an update for the Z10? Haven't seen it yet on mine.
    I didn't, I have a Q10. But someone in the Verizon forum posted from his Z10 about an update notification. It might well be from his/her Q10 though, since the screentshot he posted is clearly 4:3. I jumped the gun and assumed it was for the Z10 because of his signature. I'll edit my earlier post to avoid further confusion.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=841900

I wonder why these updates are different sizes for the same carrier and phone model though. Anyone have any clue on this?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 05:03 PM
    No, I thought it would be running smooth once it rebooted, like how the legacy devices were, or like how an iPhone runs extremely smooth after a software updaelte, this isn't 2003 anymore, I didn't think software still had to "settle down" especially with these specs, and this realtime OS.

Now, onto better things - here is a screenshot of the new icon that appeared with this update:

Posted via CB10
    It is 2013. So tell me, when you update any truly modern and complex OS such as Windows, Android and now Blackberry10. Do you immediately get to jump in and it be smooth? I ask because the last couple of years worth of updates on Windows and Android lead me to believe that updates aren't just a "Hit apply, annndddddd done!" type of operation. Only difference I see is that Windows and Android show you a screen once booted which you can not bypass with a description of what is still happening, while BB10 doesn't. Perhaps it would change your perception if BlackBerry put a loading screen indicating it's still in the process of updating everything and disallowing you any use of your phone. Would you prefer that?

Don't know about iPhone, but I can't imagine it's any different from any other Modern OS updates that needs time to fully finish.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ZeroBarrier; 08-22-13 at 07:02 PM.
    Saberhagen likes this.
    08-22-13 05:13 PM
    It is 2013. So tell me, when you update any truely modern and complex OS such as Windows, Android and now Blackberry10. Do you immedietly get to jump in and it be smooth? I ask because the last couple of years woth of updates on Windows and Android let me to believe that updates weren't just a "Hit apply, annndddddd done!" type of operation. Only difference I see is that Windows and Android show you a screen once booted which you can not bypass with a description of what is still happening, while BB10 doesn't. Perhaps it would change your perception is BlackBerry put a loading screen indicating it's still in the progress of updating everything and disallowing you any use of your phone. Would you prefer that?

Don't know about iPhone, but I can't imagine it's any different from any other Modern OS updates that needs time to fully finish.

Posted via CB10
    I am not in the mood to argue with some teenager - Please stfu

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 05:14 PM
    Please stfu

Posted via CB10
    Did I hurt your IQ or something?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 05:15 PM

noticed that the calendar is white. also, a bunch of the native apps (like the browser) hang when you launch them.... same thing for the camera, and my contacts, though all contacts are still there.

Also, they changed the email settings, when I rebooted it asked me to re-enter all of my passwords, the google email looks different in settings.
    Phone will always be laggy after update, do not do battery pull you need to let the OS settle as it relearns where files are and other things.
    08-22-13 05:19 PM
    After update the phone is doing things such as populating photo/music library, starting, populating and organizing the hub, etc.

Your first battery cycle or three is likely to be shorter than average as well.
    mathking606 likes this.
    08-22-13 05:29 PM
70 123