On the BB Q10 calendar app I am able to add other participants in both the BBLink calendar and the Home calendar. But I can only associate an email for sending invitations using the Home calendar. There is an apparent opportunity to associate an email account with the BBLink calendar, but when I try to save such an entry, I'm told I have to associate the mail through the BBLink software on my desktop. When I looked for some way to do that I found nothing.

Unfortunately, when I synch the calendar with Outlook 2007, it seems that only entries I made on the Q10 using the BBLink calendar will synch to the desktop calendar. I need to be able to invite others to calendar events, and be sure that entries I make on the Q10 synch to my desktop Outlook calendar.

Is there some fix for this apparent problem?.
    08-21-13 10:04 AM
    Does anyone know the answer here?
    08-21-13 11:27 PM
    Not, but have you tried to go to
    - "settings" (drop down menu),
    - setting of invitations
    - add an account for your BBLink calendar ?
    08-22-13 11:09 AM
    1. There is no "invitations" option under the pull down settings menu from the home screen.
    2. When I try to set up an account for BBLink it tells me I have to do it through my laptop computer. As noted earlier, there is no option in the BBLink settings page on my laptop for linking an email account to the calendar.
    08-22-13 01:21 PM
    You can use the calendar for your own private use, reminders, etc.

As soon as you want to be able to send invitations, you need an account such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, or any other smaller company with standard protocol offering email/calendar/contact.

What is your email provider ?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 02:54 PM
    I'm sorry, I'm not being clear. I use Outlook 2007 for mail, calendar and contacts on my laptop. These all sync fine with the BBQ10. If I use the BBLink calendar on my Q10 to make a new appointment, it will be added to my Outlook calendar when I sync next time, but I can't associate the BBLink calendar on the Q10 with any email accounts and thus cannot send invites to participants. If I try to do associate an email account with the BBLink calendar from the Q10, it tells me this has to be done on the laptop with which BBLink is managed. When I try to do that, there is no option to associate an email with this calendar account on the Q10.

If I make a new appointment using the local calendar on the Q10, I can include other participants and they receive an invite. But when I sync to my laptop, the new appointment made with the Q10 local calendar does not sync to Outlook. I can send myself an invite so I'm reminded to add the appointment manually on Outlook when I'm on the laptop, but this seems like an inefficient way to do something I could do effortlessly on my old Bold 9000.

thanks for any help on this.
    Naney1 likes this.
    08-27-13 10:14 AM
    Hi,

What is the version of your phone software and what I'd BlackBerry Link version ?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 01:20 AM
    BBLink software v. 1.1.1.32 on my laptop
    Q10 software 10.0.0.2030
    09-02-13 04:23 PM
    I have exactly the same issue - did anyone get it working?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 07:47 PM
    I also have this issue. Please does anyone have an answer? I need to be able to sync my local calendar with Link or be able to associate my calendar invitations with Link rather than Local. This is showstopper for me and I would not have bought the Q10 had I known about this problem.
    11-14-13 10:52 AM
    I know this is an old thread but I have the same issue with my z10. Its very annoying especially when Blackberry boast to have the best email experience.

Has anybody know of the solution or has inside info that the next release will resolve this.

Also - is this happening to the iPhone and Android devices or just to BB 10.
    Thanks
    08-24-14 11:50 AM