I realise that this could be a one time situation, although I hope not, but I just felt I had to share it. I literally just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is an iPhone user. He currently has a 5 but had the 4s and 4 before that. He proceeds to ask me what I think of my Z10 and of course I tell him I love it! But why do you ask? He then proceeds to tell me he was up at the cottage and it's known that you get no reception up there and when you do it's very spotty. Two friends of his happened to go up and needed to make some calls. Both of them pull out Z10's, one on Rogers and the other on Bell. He tells them there is no reception and it would be hard to get signal. They both show him their phones and sure enough each one has at least 4 bars of signal! He couldn't believe it. He never gets even close to that on his iPhone. He always thought it was the carrier but he says that phone is amazing. After the calls he logs into his computer to check a video feed of the dock where is boat is. He knows it's choppy cause the wi-fi isn't that fast and usually the video refreshes every 10 seconds or so. They log in on a Z10 and the most time it takes to refresh is 5 seconds, majority of the time it was faster. He tells me "this phone is unbelievable" and he loves everything about it. And since he's not a big app user, they mean squat to him. It's all about the device. Sure enough, he's on his way to buy one now and dump his iPhone!

Gotta love this phone!

Just thought I'd share this story
    08-20-13 05:04 PM
    Wasn't the iPhone always notorious for bad reception?

I have friend who uses it as an excuse XD

BlackBerry has the Blue Angel in Australia, certifying it for use in the outback.... so yes... the Reception in comparison is unbelievable!
    yvpan1, goku_vegeta and amp323 like this.
    08-20-13 05:08 PM
    On a recent vacation to Lake Mead(Las Vegas), I was the only BB user and the only one to get reception all the time. Yes, others used my phone but no one talked about switching from their iphones.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    08-20-13 05:57 PM
    Mmm were they all on the same carrier?

Edit: by that I mean the iPhone. What carrier was the iPhone on? The sames as any of the Z10's?

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-20-13 05:58 PM
    Sprint and T-Mobile.
    08-20-13 06:03 PM
    Sprint and T-Mobile.
    Meant the OP. But it could have been due to the carrier. I think a good comparison would be both phones on the same carrier. Or does that not matter? I'm not very informed about this kind of stuff. Would carrier be a factor?

08-20-13 06:21 PM
    Yeah, mines got wicked reception too.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 06:23 PM
    I realise that this could be a one time situation, although I hope not, but I just felt I had to share it. I literally just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is an iPhone user. He currently has a 5 but had the 4s and 4 before that. He proceeds to ask me what I think of my Z10 and of course I tell him I love it! But why do you ask? He then proceeds to tell me he was up at the cottage and it's known that you get no reception up there and when you do it's very spotty. Two friends of his happened to go up and needed to make some calls. Both of them pull out Z10's, one on Rogers and the other on Bell. He tells them there is no reception and it would be hard to get signal. They both show him their phones and sure enough each one has at least 4 bars of signal! He couldn't believe it. He never gets even close to that on his iPhone. He always thought it was the carrier but he says that phone is amazing. After the calls he logs into his computer to check a video feed of the dock where is boat is. He knows it's choppy cause the wi-fi isn't that fast and usually the video refreshes every 10 seconds or so. They log in on a Z10 and the most time it takes to refresh is 5 seconds, majority of the time it was faster. He tells me "this phone is unbelievable" and he loves everything about it. And since he's not a big app user, they mean squat to him. It's all about the device. Sure enough, he's on his way to buy one now and dump his iPhone!

Gotta love this phone!

Just thought I'd share this story
    This was the main reason for acquiring my q10. My friends who had other BlackBerry devices could get great reception with their 9900's and bb10's at the cottage. Samsung and apple's newest could hardly get a bar and calls would drop. My q10 gets 4 bars on lte (bell, all on the same carrier). Now I can set up mobile hotspot and can use my laptop as well. Can't beat doing some work on the Dock.
    08-20-13 06:24 PM
    Verizon does better here in SoCal than any of the others.
    08-20-13 06:24 PM
    There are so many possibilities to consider a good or bad receptions on a smartphone. Firstly, network providers. Second, location where the call was placed. Also, the built in receptions on the smartphone and if the phone is made by the network provider.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 06:42 PM
    Meant the OP. But it could have been due to the carrier. I think a good comparison would be both phones on the same carrier. Or does that not matter? I'm not very informed about this kind of stuff. Would carrier be a factor?

The iPhone and and one of the z10 were on bell and the other z10 was on rogers. Both calls were made just outside the front steps of his cottages, which is the same spot where he attempted to place a call as well

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-20-13 07:51 PM
    This could be put forth as a selling point for Blackberry too, now that I think of it.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 07:55 PM
    i agree, it has fantastic reception. I am getting 4 bars where i couldnt before with other phones.
    08-20-13 08:00 PM
    The iPhone and and one of the z10 were on bell and the other z10 was on rogers. Both calls were made just outside the front steps of his cottages, which is the same spot where he attempted to place a call as well

Posted via CB10
    Oh. Understood! Guess I didn't read your post well. And that's awesome! Z10 ftw!

08-20-13 08:02 PM
    I think that if mist of the general users understood this then there would be a lot for z10's in the market. Most people want a phone that will be trustworthy that can do what they need it to do. It's more than just an app machine

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 08:15 PM
    I had the same situation. I was down in Delaware 2 weekends ago visiting family. We were out on the deck playing cards at night. My cousin and his friend both had iPhones and neither of them had any service and they couldn't pick up any wifi networks. I had 3G with my Z10 (no 4G there...it's Delaware ) and my Z10 detected 4 wifi networks. All of us were on Verizon.
    08-20-13 08:20 PM
    I was in my backyard with two other guys using my WiFi repeater/extender. My Z10 and another Z10 picked up the WiFi extender but the iPhone5 could not. I thought it was just an isolated case but it looks like BlackBerry just has better reception period.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-20-13 08:30 PM
    BlackBerry has and has always had the best radio technology. That shouldn't be news to anyone who has ever used one and has also had the misfortune of using another device.
    08-20-13 08:37 PM
    BB is reception king. Only time i dont get reception is when i'm 10feet underground in a concrete bunker, but thats a story for another time....
    anon(5928073) likes this.
    08-20-13 08:41 PM
    Wasn't the iPhone always notorious for bad reception?

I have friend who uses it as an excuse XD

BlackBerry has the Blue Angel in Australia, certifying it for use in the outback.... so yes... the Reception in comparison is unbelievable!
    You have to make sure you're holding it right

Posted via CB10
    ATMJOE likes this.
    08-20-13 08:41 PM
    BBRY should make a commercial using this. In the form of the Apple ones now. Constantly show iPhone users walking around with their phones in the air truing to get a single. Then you hear the narrator say "every day, more calls are dropped with the competition's phones than any one of ours" and at that point the show a guy on a Z10 walking through the crowd on the phone looking at everyone dumbfounded. "The new Z10 from BlackBerry. When you require dependability"

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 08:51 PM
    BBRY should make a commercial using this. In the form of the Apple ones now. Constantly show iPhone users walking around with their phones in the air truing to get a single. Then you hear the narrator say "every day, more calls are dropped with the competition's phones than any one of ours" and at that point the show a guy on a Z10 walking through the crowd on the phone looking at everyone dumbfounded. "The new Z10 from BlackBerry. When you require dependability"

Posted via CB10
    Great idea! They'll never do it, though. The company is allergic to effective marketing.
    08-20-13 08:53 PM
    Great idea! They'll never do it, though. The company is allergic to effective marketing.
    I know. Probably a lawsuit in the making anyways. But someone should definitely make one up and slap it on YouTube

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 08:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Phone --- carrier ---- satellite ----carrier ---- phone

Try calling a friend of yours whose standing in front of you with crappy signal and see the difference.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 08:58 PM
    Phone --- carrier ---- satellite ----carrier ---- phone

Try calling a friend of yours whose standing in front of you with crappy signal and see the difference.

Posted via CB10
    After his call to his daughter failed he tried it with a Z10. No problem getting through.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 09:01 PM
74 123