Something weird happened today ! BBM closed and whenever I open BBM , I cant access to it . it is written BBM SETUP
    1- Opening BBM
    2-Associating BBM with your Blackberry Account
    3-you are singed in with the following Blackbeery Id : (my email)
    then 3 options
    a) Restore Device Switch
    b) Restore Using Email
    c)Continue
    I chose restore by email then i select my email
    then it is written : RESTORING YOUR BBM INFO.
    then suddenly
    EMAIL NOT VALID !!!
    there is no BBM account associated with this email address.select another email and try again and when i try again it says TEMPORARY SERVER ERROR
    is the problem from my phone or blackberry server???

knowing that I use this email directly since I bought this mobile phone .. and my email is correct and im sure
    and the broadcasts and notifications are received but I can't access to it
    please help me .. Im afraid to wipe it and lose all of my contacts ,, and i cant access bbm to back up
    thanks a lot
    08-18-13 11:53 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

It seems that your phone has a bbm crash.
    You should install the latest version for your mobile from this link: BlackBerry World - BlackBerry Messenger
    08-19-13 03:23 AM
    but i have a Q10 .. How do I uninstall then install it ? or how do I upgrade .. because the bbm app cant be deleted
    08-19-13 04:37 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

It seems that your phone has a bbm crash.
    You should install the latest version for your mobile from this link: BlackBerry World - BlackBerry Messenger
    You can't install BBM from BBW on BB10 as it's a core OS app, only update. In any case OP, if you're not willing to restore your device your options are limited. You can try rebooting and seeing if that fixes it or trying again later as it may really just be a temporary issue. I've had it happen before and all was fine after a few minutes.
    08-19-13 04:43 PM
    ok if I reboot the device ,, does this choice make me lose my data( contacts , phonebook , etc) ? if no .. can you please tell me how to reboot it .. and by the way .. when I want to set up BBM , sometimes it says temporary server error , after it says Email is Invalid !! should I wait for it or what is the best choice you assist me .. thank you
    08-19-13 04:59 PM
    This happened to me after upgrading to .1371 and my BBM still isnt working after three days.

I have tried:

Rebooting
    Installing channels
    reverting to .1323
    patience

Can anyone think of another solution?
    08-25-13 12:25 PM
    Its happen to me on march 4, 2014 at 5 pm, and i dont know what to do.
    BBM closed and whenever I open BBM , I cant access to it . it is written BBM SETUP
    1- Opening BBM
    2-Associating BBM with your Blackberry Account
    3-you are singed in with the following Blackbeery Id : (my email)
    then 3 options
    a) Restore Device Switch
    b) Restore Using Email
    c)Continue
    I chose restore by email then i select my email
    then it is written : RESTORING YOUR BBM INFO.
    then suddenly
    EMAIL NOT VALID, there is no BBM account associated with this email address.select another email and try again and when i try again it says TEMPORARY SERVER ERROR
    is the problem from my phone or blackberry server?

knowing that I use this email directly since I bought this mobile phone .. and my email is correct and im sure
    and the broadcasts and notifications are received but I can't access to it
    please help me .. Im afraid to wipe it and lose all of my contacts ,, and i cant access bbm to back up.
    I've updated the software update menu. Also on bbw. I also had to restart, remove the battery, remove the sim card. Still no luck. Please how do I fix it.....
    03-05-14 04:48 AM
    All of these decribed situations happened to me as well. I eventually became frustrated enough that I thought that I would create a new BBM account. So, instead of trying to get into my former BBM account I tried to set up a new one. The result is that I have the exact same pin, just all of my contacts are gone...
    It was weird because when I started adding back my contacts my old account disappeared on their devices, probably because I had the same pin. It was extremely annoying but I am glad to have the service back. I think I tried everything to get my old BBM account back including loading old OS's, device wipes, security wipes, and had no luck
    03-05-14 08:57 AM