I was told that in order to use the compression facility in the new Q10 we have to install the new BES10 and connect it to our MS-Exchange, which our IT guys have done and currently running two servers, the old and the New BlackBerry servers!!... my question is how to make sure or better confirm that the compression facility is being active and done?? since while travelling abroad and roaming for the past 5 days I noticed that i've consumed more data than my old phones (OS7).
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 07:42 PM
    Edited the title to give it more relation to your issue. If it isn't accurate, please let me know.
    08-18-13 08:46 PM
    Sorry OP, but BlackBerry10 does not support any kind of data compression.
    08-18-13 09:01 PM
    Thanks BergerKing, the new name is more focused...
    Diegonei, when you say "BB10 does not offer any compression facility", that contradict to everything I read and heard from many including my carrier!! Could someone else confirm this??

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 10:48 PM
    Thanks BergerKing, the new name is more focused...
    Diegonei, when you say "BB10 does not offer any compression facility", that contradict to everything I read and heard from many including my carrier!! Could someone else confirm this??

Posted via CB10
    I asked out resident BES10 expert and she confirmed no copression. Compression was a BIS/BES feature, built-in the OS.

Since we moved from that OS, and BB10 uses data as any other device, it makes some sense that the feature didn't make it into the new BES10.
    08-20-13 01:06 PM
    There is compression of work side data (the only part that goes via BES) for Blackberry 10 when activated against BES10 - would suggest going back to your BES10 'experts' and suggesting they read Blackberry's own FAQ (http://uk.blackberry.com/content/dam...e_10_FAQ.pdf):
    "Is data on BlackBerry 10 devices compressed?
    When managed by BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, BlackBerry 10 devices feature BlackBerry Balance. This is technology that will automatically and contextually identify & separate work and personal content. Content classified as Enterprise data on BlackBerry 10 devices (i.e. work email, attachments, work contacts, calendar and notes, work browser, and enterprise applications) will pass through BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and will be compressed. Data that is not classified as work (i.e. personal browser, personal email and applications) will not pass through BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and will not be compressed. It is anticipated that the majority of personal data consumption will not benefit from additional compression due to the nature of the content (i.e. video streaming, embedded flash content,
    music and video downloads, video conferencing, application and game downloads).
    We recommend data plans equivalent to other Smartphones in order to accommodate the powerful multimedia and browsing
    capabilities of BlackBerry 10 devices."
    diegonei likes this.
    08-21-13 03:27 AM