Good news!
    This is a great SIP/VOIP client for BB10.
    Counterpath Bria
    BlackBerry World - Bria - BlackBerry Edition
    mkelley65 likes this.
    08-17-13 09:08 PM
    Dang, it's showing not available for my Q10. Looks like a good one. I use their software on my Mac and it works well.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 09:47 PM
    Dang, it's showing not available for my Q10. Looks like a good one. I use their software on my Mac and it works well.

Posted via CB10
    When I was beta testing it on my Z that subject came up. They are actively working on it so it should be out soon...
    08-18-13 12:04 PM
    Just downloaded. It is better than the iPhone version, perfect sound + G729 codec!!! This is the best VoIP soft-phone that I ever used. I don't understand why no one at Crackberry noticed this release... Maybe Counterpath didn't paid for advertising....?
    08-19-13 05:02 PM
    Very strange indeed that the availability of this brilliant application is not mentioned by Crackberry.com.

The best SIP client available, a big name in SIP world and a native app.

I am happy and my BlackBerry 10 is almost complete now :-).

Blackberry Z10 STL100-2 + Q10 SQN100-3 + Apple IPad Mini 3G + Lenovo Ultrabook SSD (+ Playbook 32GB not in use). Carriers MVNO Netherlands and DTAC Thailand.
    10-04-13 06:15 AM
    Very strange indeed that the availability of this brilliant application is not mentioned by Crackberry.com.

The best SIP client available, a big name in SIP world and a native app.

I am happy and my BlackBerry 10 is almost complete now :-).

Blackberry Z10 STL100-2 + Q10 SQN100-3 + Apple IPad Mini 3G + Lenovo Ultrabook SSD (+ Playbook 32GB not in use). Carriers MVNO Netherlands and DTAC Thailand.
    Tell me about it... Another excellent Canadian company supporting my fav platform! It's awesome. The defacto standard standalone SIP/VOIP application for all platforms!
    10-04-13 11:43 AM
    Hi,

I thought I might just ask my question here instead of creating a new thread since this one is fairly recent.

I'm currently using Taki, and I'm on the verge of replacing it with this app because Taki doesn't offer G729 codec, so when my connection drops to 4G (from LTE), the caller can't hear me well. Since this app is more expensive, can OP or anyone help me with the following concerns?

1. Does the keypad support copying and pasting numbers from other sources such as text messages?
    2. When receiving a call, does the app allow you to answer without unlocking the phone first? (inconvenient when the phone is passworded)
    3. Does it mute musics when making/receiving a call?
    4. Does it let you record a phone conversation?
    5. How much does the G729 codec cost?

Thanks
    10-12-13 04:17 AM
    Not available for the Z30

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Z30
    10-12-13 04:46 AM
    Hi,

I thought I might just ask my question here instead of creating a new thread since this one is fairly recent.

I'm currently using Taki, and I'm on the verge of replacing it with this app because Taki doesn't offer G729 codec, so when my connection drops to 4G (from LTE), the caller can't hear me well. Since this app is more expensive, can OP or anyone help me with the following concerns?

1. Does the keypad support copying and pasting numbers from other sources such as text messages?
    2. When receiving a call, does the app allow you to answer without unlocking the phone first? (inconvenient when the phone is passworded)
    3. Does it mute musics when making/receiving a call?
    4. Does it let you record a phone conversation?
    5. How much does the G729 codec cost?

Thanks
    Hello? The few of you who boght it, can you guys help me out? I'm sure other potential buyers would like to know as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 08:14 PM
    Hello? The few of you who boght it, can you guys help me out? I'm sure other potential buyers would like to know as well.

Posted via CB10
    CounterPath Corporation | Bria BlackBerry Edition

1. I think that is an OS feature more than sip app feature. The OS has a library for detecting certain types of strings for you to do actions with it.

2. According to page 12 of their user guide, it says you need to unlock first then you'll see the prompt to answer.
    http://www.counterpath.com/assets/fi...r_Guide_R2.pdf

3. I would assume yes, based on "Multi-tasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications"

4. No app on BB10 lets you record the call in-line, AFAIK, any app out there now just uses mic and wants you to use speakerphone mode.

5. From web site:
    Bria BlackBerry Edition
    Regular price: $7.99 USD

Available In-App Purchases:
    G.729 Audio Codec: $8.99 USD
    Aleij Barb likes this.
    10-15-13 09:33 PM
    CounterPath Corporation | Bria BlackBerry Edition

1. I think that is an OS feature more than sip app feature. The OS has a library for detecting certain types of strings for you to do actions with it.

2. According to page 12 of their user guide, it says you need to unlock first then you'll see the prompt to answer.
    http://www.counterpath.com/assets/fi...r_Guide_R2.pdf

3. I would assume yes, based on "Multi-tasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications"

4. No app on BB10 lets you record the call in-line, AFAIK, any app out there now just uses mic and wants you to use speakerphone mode.

5. From web site:
    Bria BlackBerry Edition
    Regular price: $7.99 USD

Available In-App Purchases:
    G.729 Audio Codec: $8.99 USD

Thanks very much for helping out.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 06:18 PM
    z30 no support?
    10-28-13 12:27 PM
    z30 no support?
    https://support.counterpath.com/resp...ain-adjustment
    10-31-13 06:04 PM
    z30 no support?
    Z30 support forthcoming in next update, within a week or two at most.
    11-05-13 12:36 PM
    Hi... I would like to use this app, but I got no idea how to get a sip account and who are good /compatible vendors. could you guys help me out?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 03:17 PM
    All Betamax clones should work for calling to phones. Quality varies though, I guess that depends on how calls are routed, which may differ between resellers. Check http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/betamax

The Betamax accounts also work for sip2sip calls, but if you don't plan to call phones, just try a free account (which even has voicemail) from http://sip2sip.info

If all your counterparties can use decent softphones and configure especially their network settings properly, you get to talk to eachother in HD for free. Your only expense would be some battery life as you need to keep the app open to stay reachable via sip.
    11-05-13 03:51 PM
    I want to call landlines with good quality and free. Is that possible?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 04:00 PM
    Can other Bria users check if it's using the correct speaker when not on speaker? It seems to always use the bottom speaker on my Q10, regardless of whether it's on speaker or not. I had never noticed before, as I always use it with a BT headset.
    11-09-13 11:55 AM
    Z30 support forthcoming in next update, within a week or two at most.
    Any update on this?
    11-13-13 02:12 PM
    I'm still confused by this and can't find the support for it. I never set up a sip account, and I have no clue what a pbx is. Is this client made for regular customers as a Skype replacement or is this for business? The setup seems too involved.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 06:43 PM
    I'm still confused by this and can't find the support for it. I never set up a sip account, and I have no clue what a pbx is. Is this client made for regular customers as a Skype replacement or is this for business? The setup seems too involved.

Posted via CB10
    You need a SIP account. Then just fill in the SIP credentials and maybe tweak the network settings. Works flawlessly. I use it with the G711 codec and love the sounds...

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 04:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you NEED a sip client, or you WANT a sip client? One usually knows more about sip at this point (and has a sip account)... Otherwise, google is your friend.

You can get a free sip client for BB10 in app world called "Taki". At least you can play around and learn for free.
    04-15-14 12:14 AM
    Hi guys

I got this app and love it as I been using it in the past on iPhone.

Now I have it on Z30. When I run the app, PIM and service cpu consumption jump up go 30-46% range.

When I stop the app. Every thing go go normal.

Any one noticed this!! Any suggestion?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 08:06 PM
    I've installed Bria on my Verizon Z30. Everything works, except for the contacts. It will not import any of my contacts. My contacts are in Outlook. Any suggestions?
    05-27-14 01:29 PM
    I drank it for a while on my Z10 connected to a Cisco pbx and also saw high battery drain. Uninstalled it and used SNR instead

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    05-27-14 01:34 PM
37 12