Why do you think it is rated as a 2.5 star app in BlackBerry World? What don't you like about the app? What features are missing?
    08-17-13 08:04 PM
    I think most lower ratings are from when it first came out. Its a much better app than when it first was released. I think its still missing the "share" features for one thing.
    ..Steve.. and araskin like this.
    08-17-13 08:08 PM
    Why do you think it is rated as a 2.5 star app in BlackBerry World? What don't you like about the app? What features are missing?
    While I don't believe that it deserves a 2.5 star rating (I would give it more a high 3, or a 4).

I've used Facebook a lot on my smartphones (Nexus-4, iPhone 3GS, Blackberry Bold 9700, Nexus-S, and Blackberry Q10), I find the Blackberry Q10 version lacking in a lot of areas. Now, it isn't fair to compare the Blackberry version of Facebook with the other manufacturers since with the other phone OSes, Facebook actually creates those apps whereas Blackberry creates their own Facebook application for their line of products (Playbook, Blackberry 10, Blackberry legacy) but even when I compare what I could do with my Blackberry Bold 9700 with what I can do with my Blackberry Q10 in terms of Facebook, I find the Q10 lacking.

For one thing, when I want to check into a location, with my Bold 9700, if the location did not exist, I could add the name of the location. With the Q10, I can't add the new location.

I also find updates/notifications slower than on my other devices. When I get a message or Like or comment on one of my posts, it sometimes can take up to 10 minutes for me to get the notification on Blackberry Hub. With my Android Nexus-4 and Nexus-S, the notification was almost immediate. For a "Like", getting instantaneous notification isn't that important but when it is a chat message, it is important in my opinion. It has happened to me where someone would send me a message (they were online at the time on their computer) and by the time I received the notification on my Blackberry Q10, the person was no longer available on chat on his computer.

When checking in, it also doesn't show a graphical map representation of where you are like it did on the legacy Blackberry Facebook application or what it does on the Android platform.

They somewhat recently added the ability to go into Facebook Chat from the Facebook application which is a good starting point. Prior to the chat status being available, I would have given Facebook for Blackberry 10 a 2.5... now it is more of a 3 or at most a 3.5 in my opinion.
    08-17-13 10:02 PM
    Now, it isn't fair to compare the Blackberry version of Facebook with the other manufacturers since with the other phone OSes, Facebook actually creates those apps whereas Blackberry creates their own Facebook application for their line of products (Playbook, Blackberry 10, Blackberry legacy)
    It is for that reason Facebook for BlackBerry will never attain a 4 star rating.
    08-17-13 10:45 PM
    I have always had it in my mind if they outsourced their Facebook app it would be so much better. When I see my friends with their old Android 2.3 devices sharing Facebook posts I get envious. And I prefer not to use the browser version. Maybe by Xmas we will have share feature update. Maybe.
    08-18-13 01:56 AM