There is lot of rumors about BlackBerry...
    What's happen if BlackBerry is sell ?

I love BlackBerry 10!

I have an iPhone 4, a Samsung galaxy S3 and my Z10 is the phone that I prefer the most...

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 05:04 PM
    The phone will continue to function and even if BB sells I highly doubt all services like BBM will be shutdown anytime soon. Bottom line nothing should happen immediately with a sale and your phone should be supported for the life of the phone.
    08-17-13 05:06 PM
    R.I.P English

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 05:07 PM
    Jesus, use one of your other phones.

There is lot of rumors about BlackBerry...

I love BlackBerry 10!

I have an iPhone 4, a Samsung galaxy S3 and my Z10 is the phone that I prefer the most...

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    wolfee48 likes this.
    08-17-13 05:08 PM
    It's gonna turn off and never turn on.. ever.

It will be fully functional. Don't worry. Nothing will happen except BlackBerry will not send out any updates
    08-17-13 05:27 PM
    I figure mine will self-destruct in a puff of smoke as soon as BlackBerry is sold.

Really, do the people who post these same questions ever post back after we've posted the same answers? This must be the 10th thread asking basically the same question this week.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 05:49 PM
    Either way, I'm looking forward to the up and coming Jolla phone with Sailfish OS.

Posted via CB10
    tommo7788 and MERCDROID like this.
    08-17-13 05:56 PM
    I seriously doubt this is the end of BlackBerry, once the Wall Street vultures are history and the company goes private the real work begins.

Posted via CB10
    MERCDROID and elliott436 like this.
    08-17-13 07:29 PM
    Everything will be okay because they know z10 is a good phone

Channel : C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-17-13 07:35 PM
    If BlackBerry is gone, I will use a windows phone. I will avoid Android as possible since I really don't want to lose my privacy. According to current market trends, I am really worried that Android will eventually kill all other platforms. The smart phone world with just one platform is truly miserable.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 07:40 PM
    Wait a minute... wait a minute... Google bought out Motorola... gotta check... gotta... hey! My Defy still works!

The Canadian government is very protective about sales of domestic business, not to mention the US Government just made a substantial purchase for their military, and it's used by NSA. I think it will soldier on until the world recession starts to fade.
    08-17-13 07:46 PM
    Wait a minute... wait a minute... Google bought out Motorola... gotta check... gotta... hey! My Defy still works!

The Canadian government is very protective about sales of domestic business, not to mention the US Government just made a substantial purchase for their military, and it's used by NSA. I think it will soldier on until the world recession starts to fade.
    The Canadian government would not help for BlackBerry case unless it can nationalize since it is really hard for BlackBerry to compete with those technology giants by itself alone.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 08:10 PM
    The Canadian government would not help for BlackBerry case unless it can nationalize since it is really hard for BlackBerry to compete with those technology giants by itself alone.

Posted via CB10
    The current Canadian government has already said that they would not help Blackberry in any way (just like they didn't help with Nortel when Nortel's assets were being sold... they had meetings but at the end, Nortel's assets were sold off).

If Blackberry folds, I don't expect anything to happen with my Blackberry Q10 except I won't expect updates and the application updates as well as new applications might probably slow down or stop. For what I use my Blackberry Q10 for, it doesn't rely on Blackberry's infrastructure (with the exception of BBM). People on legacy Blackberry devices (pre-BB 10) will have more to worry about if Blackberry folds as time goes on since they rely more on Blackberry's infrastructure than BB 10 users.
    08-17-13 08:54 PM
    I applaud the bravery of the OP in these treacherous waters, but yes, BB will be fine. Even if the company is sold, BB10 and all of it's products will continue to work. All contacts will be honored and Blackberry will be around for at least the next 3-5 years. No doubt!

Go BB!
    08-17-13 09:09 PM
    Don't need charges your battery again

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 09:14 PM
    RE: What's happen if BlackBerry is sold ?

Well, we can sell our Z10 too...

Posted via Z10
    08-17-13 09:16 PM
    It will notify us that in two months from sale date the phone will be and die.

If not then it will function till it does die, just like any phone.

We may see no support for it after a year or so, but until then we be ok.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 10:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not what I meant. Nor said. Unlike the US, the Canadian Government oversees purchases of domestic corporations and can nix virtually any purchase it deems not in their (the government's) interest. The best current articles on BBerry are on Reuters.
    08-17-13 10:53 PM
    The main challenge in my view is (a) upgrades to the OS and (b) upgrades to apps not to mention the creation of new apps!

Which app creator wil be planning apps after the recent announcement?

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    08-18-13 01:09 AM
    It initiates a self destruct sequence and then blows up on your face or electrocutes you like the iPhone 5.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    08-18-13 01:26 AM
    It depends. Nothing will happen to your z10 immediately but after a few quarters the acquiring company may decide to halt development on bb10 or slow it down. You'll see fewer updates then in future. I doubt that will happen. Services like BBM and BES will continue to run, depending on the acquiring company we might see hardware changes. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 01:49 AM
    Ressurecting this thread as I posted something similar and it was locked...I'll copy it here:
    I've been on the fence about buying a Q10. I love BB's keyboard and UI, including what I've seen/heard of BB10 and when I got to play with it a few times. I'm still rocking my white 9780 - not so much due to choice but because I lost my 9900 about a year ago and am still under contract (Robbers, I'm almost out!).

I know that BB10 doesn't work via BIS. What happens if the company was to be sold for parts, or simply if the hardware/software business was to fold up? Will the phone be supported? Will there be new apps (doubt it) or OS upgrades? Would everything work like normal, and I'll go on my merry way, at least until my warranty is up? I've had some pushback from BB about warranty issues before - what'll happen if the company folds up (in whole or part)?

I've been using BB's since '08. Back then I got the 9000 and loved it, then upgraded to the 9780 almost 3 years ago. I tried out the PB and the lack of apps deterred me from keeping it, so like many others I returned it - it might also be more so that I have no use for a tablet as I'm on the laptop and phone most of the day. I'm happy I returned it as BB10 will never come - that was going to be the only reason I was debating about keeping it. So needless to say, I, like many other CB'ers and non-CB'ers, are jaded about the promises coming out from Waterloo, and the outlook, in my opinion and despite my best hopes, is somewhat bleak.

I'm planning on switching to Wind soon (within the next 2 months), and I'd be considering getting a Q10 version that can support 700MHz, in the unlikely chance they'll beat out the top 3 to some of the spectrum. My plan was to wait until I switch networks, buy an outright device if BB is still around - but today I've been offered an excellent price for the Q10. Would you buy? Would you wait? Would you switch? *shudder at the prospect of no keyboard*

I figure mine will self-destruct in a puff of smoke as soon as BlackBerry is sold.

Really, do the people who post these same questions ever post back after we've posted the same answers? This must be the 10th thread asking basically the same question this week.

Posted via CB10
    I promise to check back if there are replies! But in all seriousness, I think since August (the replies here are a month old now) we've been preparing for a different reality. There are also reports of Blackberry soon writing down a bunch of their stock because of poor sales. The Z30 launched to no fanfare.

The main challenge in my view is (a) upgrades to the OS and (b) upgrades to apps not to mention the creation of new apps!

Which app creator wil be planning apps after the recent announcement?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly - but a phone with an outdated (1-2+yr old) OS and apps with no support is not a smartphone, just remnants of one. If I'm making an investment, I want to know that I'll be able to enjoy it.
    09-19-13 06:34 PM
    Your kids want new phones pretty often, so I don't see a problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 06:50 PM
    If they gonna stop supporting why the fk the keep marketing the z30 and bbm for all and bla bla...
    09-19-13 06:50 PM
    If they gonna stop supporting why the fk the keep marketing the z30 and bbm for all and bla bla...
    Because they're still trying to bring the share price up to attract potential buyers/investors, and because BBM will likely branch out to be its own division? Besides, supporting it (and promises) have nothing to do with marketing; if anything, we've been hearing hype for years, and then come the under-developed phones/tablets, the bare app store, the delayed products, etc...weren't they promising BB10 for PB for the longest time to get those out the door instead of collecting dust in warehouses?
    09-19-13 08:16 PM
35 12