Hey, I need your help!

I bought my Z10 in March and I am totally happy with it - but now I noticed something weird. I've been using only Wifi for data - but two days ago I bought a new plan with 500 MB data incl. Per month (and after that, still unlimited data but with only 32k).

The weird thing: after two days all my 500 MB are gone. But i only whatsapped twice and browsed two websites. checking my data usage with an app showed that I uploaded 460 MB within 48 hours (?!?!).

I checked every single app (no app was active except the Remember app), and every single setting - but I cannot figure out how I should have uploaded 460 MB within two days!

Dropbox only syncs via Wifi. Etc..

Does anyone have the same problem? I really don't know what's going on with my Z10 :/

Thanks a lot for your help!

Bernt
    08-17-13 02:09 PM
    Make sure all of your account, apps, Dropbox, etc. Are set to only upload over wifi.

It may sound simple but it might be something you skipped over.
    08-17-13 05:47 PM
    Okay, some time has passed - but I found the problem.

It was Evernote in the background. Since I attached a video (quite small though) to an note that is synced by Evernote in the background, Evernote apparently tried to upload this small video file over and over again without any success. Even when I removed this video from my note, my upload was still insanely high. So I deleted my Evernote account completely and since then Everthing is fine again.

Just check it if you have the same issue.
    Dmitry Kisselyov and FF22 like this.
    09-28-13 07:15 AM
    Thank you, I am trying to solve the same problem. I have deleted my Evernote acct from BlackBerry. It should be pretty obvious if it works for me within several hours. I will post here if it helped.
    02-23-14 11:46 AM
    Allrightey! Thank you, I think I love you more than anybody else in this community! The culprit was Evernote account, and the primary reason -- my attempt to sync Remember and Evernote. Just look at this beautiful graph after the Evernote account removal. BTW, Evernote sans sync with Remember still works just fine.

Excessive Uploads - Data gone within two days.-img_20140224_125941.png
    FF22 likes this.
    02-24-14 03:00 AM
    500mb's is very small for a data amount. It will get chewed up in no time. Virgin Mobile has a great plan, with 2gb's and everything else in the plan unlimited. It is called the BBSilver 60 plan.

$60.00 a month....and you can live on your phone without going over your data. I use only about 1600mb's or so a month....and I'm constantly checking emails, sending emails, making calls across the country, etc...

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:46 PM
    Allrightey! Thank you, I think I love you more than anybody else in this community! The culprit was Evernote account, and the primary reason -- my attempt to sync Remember and Evernote. Just look at this beautiful graph after the Evernote account removal. BTW, Evernote sans sync with Remember still works just fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140224_125941.png 
Views:	584 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	250495
    Where can one look at Wifi usage?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    03-23-14 02:22 PM
    Where can one look at Wifi usage?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    Device monitor > storage tab
    Choose the app you want and scroll down

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 03:01 PM

I find it quite interesting which apps display graphs there and which do not.

It seems almost entirely random. Some native apps do, some do not. Some Android apps do, some do not. Some apps that I have used do, some do not. Some apps which I have not used do, some do not.

Weird.
    03-23-14 03:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Choose what app, Wifi direct? And where does one see the graph??

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    03-23-14 09:38 PM