Hello,
    I live in Serbia and I am unable to update my playbook. What ever I do it always say that I have "latest currently software available" and whn I try that on PC with blackberry playbook software it says "No new blackbery OS software available".. does that have to to do something with my region? I dont know what else to do.. no matter what I do my OS version is 2.0.1.668. I got this tablet from one of ours IT magazines but they dont know what to do either. Due to this I am unable to use blackberry apps becouse here its still called Apps world and when I tap on it, it freeze.... I tried to reset it, puch all 3 buttons at the same time, turning off WiFI, turning off 3G, etc... dont know what else to do.. .. I even tried to fake my IP address so that tablet think I am from USA but no success... what can I do? please help.....
    thank you...
    Last edited by Vladimir Krstic; 08-17-13 at 04:04 AM.
    08-17-13 03:41 AM
    An LTE playbook with no approved (by blackberry) data plan will not get updates. I doubt if any data plans in your country will be on their database.
    08-17-13 04:40 AM
    An LTE playbook with no approved (by blackberry) data plan will not get updates. I doubt if any data plans in your country will be on their database.
    thank you,
    so this means I will never get any update? what if I go to the UK, germany or france... will it work there?
    08-17-13 05:00 AM
    Hi, I'm in the UK and my playbook updated over wifi (64gb wifi only model), took about 45 mins. Soif you planning a trip to the UK worth a try.
    08-17-13 05:16 AM
    Hi, I'm in the UK and my playbook updated over wifi (64gb wifi only model), took about 45 mins. Soif you planning a trip to the UK worth a try.
    thank you, who knows.... I have 3G model with 32GB not LTE... does that changes anything?
    08-17-13 08:29 AM
    Do you want to keep anything on it? I don't know why it wouldn't update over wifi even if it is a SIM enabled one. Have you tried doing a debrick? With DM open and the PB off, make sure it's off, plug in the PB and choose update and or repair. It will wipe everything on it though.
    08-17-13 08:35 AM
    Do you want to keep anything on it? I don't know why it wouldn't update over wifi even if it is a SIM enabled one. Have you tried doing a debrick? With DM open and the PB off, make sure it's off, plug in the PB and choose update and or repair. It will wipe everything on it though.
    when I do it and when I tap update and then on repair it downloads the same OS I already have.....
    08-17-13 08:46 AM
    There are many posts on this subject. Blackberry compounded the issue recently by offering these unlockedTE playbooks a bad App World update which screws them up even further .
    08-18-13 02:12 AM
    There are many posts on this subject. Blackberry compounded the issue recently by offering these unlockedTE playbooks a bad App World update which screws them up even further .
    so there is like nothing to do? it is what it is?
    08-18-13 02:41 AM
    Some people are saying a simple card in with radio. Off and wifi on works.
    08-18-13 08:15 AM
    Some people are saying a simple card in with radio. Off and wifi on works.
    not for me... I really dont know whats wrong beside my region... even blackberry help over twitter hasnt been able to help me...
    08-18-13 09:16 AM
    thank you, who knows.... I have 3G model with 32GB not LTE... does that changes anything?
    I wasn't aware that BB ever released a 3G model. Anyhow, I thought that OS updates for the cellular Playbooks were controlled by the carriers, not Blackberry.
    08-18-13 11:10 AM
    I wasn't aware that BB ever released a 3G model. Anyhow, I thought that OS updates for the cellular Playbooks were controlled by the carriers, not Blackberry.
    well... I didnt get it by a carrier... I got it from one IT magazine and they got if from some store... :S
    08-18-13 11:38 AM
    Believe Pacoman03 is correct about updates being controlled by carrier. Dont know if there is any setting you can change to get around this problem. An access to Blackberry information can be found in the Toolkit which has a section on the Playbook. In some instances deleting certain apps can help in updating.

http://www.troubleshootingtoolkit.com/default.aspx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-18-13 02:21 PM
    Hi,

I had a similar problem (PlayBook 3G+ in Denmark - no updates). XSacha was kind enough to provide a very new version for the 4G PlayBook here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!E9ViASjR!YBWucB...o58Zo7GMjvpfas

After unzipping, please use his tools to update your PlayBook and you should be good to go.

Pls. backup just to be safe.

/JP
    08-18-13 02:34 PM
    Somebody released 3g+ models on the other side of the pond from Canada and they are useless in my opinion. Nobody seems to support them. No way will a Serbian, Russian or European SIM be in blackberry's approved carrier list. What were they thinking?, other than "must shift this inventory before someone realises I F***ed up a whole range of product"
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-18-13 03:07 PM
    thank you all for your answers... I will try all of this you said and led you know if it was any good
    08-18-13 03:50 PM
    Hi,

I had a similar problem (PlayBook 3G+ in Denmark - no updates). XSacha was kind enough to provide a very new version for the 4G PlayBook here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!E9ViASjR!YBWucB...o58Zo7GMjvpfas

After unzipping, please use his tools to update your PlayBook and you should be good to go.

Pls. backup just to be safe.

/JP
    hello.... one question... where can I find their tools to update my playbook? are they in that file I downloaded?
    08-18-13 04:01 PM
    Check this solution to update your PB. Also - there was even newver OS published on CB few days ago. BlackBerry World on PlayBook 3G+ | BlackBerry Developer Group Balkan
    09-08-13 06:56 AM