First, next quarter, Q2, will be realistically just as bad as the first.

Second, as if that wasn't bad enough, Heins will take this opportunity to announce more bad news: BlackBerry is splitting the company into parts and/or being bought out by another entity that likely will mean the end of BlackBerry as we know it.

Third, if we're in for a real treat, the current BlackBerry devices other than the Z30 (A10) will be announced as obsolete and 10.2 is the last update.

Any developers that were on board or were seriously considering it are now done with BlackBerry for good and rightfully so.

And so am I. I said I'm in it 'till the end and that I would "go down with the ship." To me, the end is when BlackBerry is no longer what I have come to know, love, and value so highly.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    08-16-13 03:44 PM

Second, as if that wasn't bad enough, Heins will take this opportunity to announce more bad news: BlackBerry is splitting the company into parts and/or being bought out by another entity that likely will mean the end of BlackBerry as we know it.

Third, if we're in for a real treat, the current BlackBerry devices other than the Z30 (A10) will be announced as obsolete and 10.2 is the last update.

Any developers that were on board or were seriously considering it are now done with BlackBerry for good and rightfully so.

And so am I. I said I'm in it 'till the end and that I would "go down with the ship." To me, the end is when BlackBerry is no longer what I have come to know, love, and value so highly.

How does this fantastically positive thread help the company you love so much?

IBTL

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    08-16-13 03:45 PM
    Le sigh... Why is it that when I'm positive I get flamed for being optimistic, when I'm negative I get flamed for being pessimistic, when I'm neutral I get ignored, when I'm critically analytic I barely get glanced over if I'm lucky, and ultimately in summation when I'm trying to be contributory I get put and/or let down?

Why has the CB community been so subpar lately?

I'm really, utterly sick of spinning the wheel with both BlackBerry AND CrackBerry. I try so hard to do something -- anything I can -- to promote positive change and it again and again proves to be futile here.

Last edited by STV0726; 08-16-13 at 04:36 PM.
    08-16-13 04:06 PM
    How does this fantastically positive thread help the company you love so much?

IBTL

Oh, and to answer your question, primarily by offering up a helping of tough love to Mr. Heins and the company of which he holds the reins.

And I don't know what IBTL means, sorry.

Last edited by STV0726; 08-16-13 at 04:36 PM.
    08-16-13 04:10 PM
    Eh don't let it phase you

It usually happens because people react more often to what they disagree with. So if your positive the pessimist will rise up and comment or if you're negative the optimist will take a stab at you.

Stirring people emotions usually gets them riled up, what can you do?

Anyway I bought my device because the current state of BlackBerry was acceptable for my needs. So even if BlackBerry dumps it won't effect my current device usage. I think everyone should do that because to buy new with the hopes of a turn around is to much risk. Plus any significant turn around probably won't be felt by consumers until the next upgrade cycle
    ( same with bad news)

Posted via CB10
    STV0726 likes this.
    08-16-13 04:13 PM
    He's alright, about as useful as any one of us commenting on this forum.

Posted via CB10
    CairnsRock likes this.
    08-16-13 04:22 PM
    's Ok STV0726, you're gonna get flamed just as I do when I post opinions. If the rules of CB were to say nothing negative about the situation, I guess we'd get booted out. But you and I have a clear vision of the future of BB and it does not take an MBA from the Wharton School of Business to read the tea leaves. Sorry that you get aggro from the 'Say No Evil' crowd too.

I harped, cajoled, needled, irritated and generally made a troll of myself saying over and over that without the popular apps, the Z10 and especially the Q10 would not save BB. I was told that apps are 'overrated'. Really. Think about this...if the BB faithful, and the mothership itself thought that BB would be the tools of choice for the serious minded business folks, then why are there no Scrabble-style games like Words With Friends that 'smart' business people like to play available for the BB? Business people don't like to play smart, popular games with their friends while waiting at JFK for their London flight? No? Just email and Facebook? What a dumb mistake to misunderstand the market so thoroughly. If you can't play Words with you cohorts that have an iPhone or Android, the phone is toast.

But, I'm being negative, yes I know. I'm a negative poster. A downer.

BB can survive with the Hail Mary pass. Make the new Z and Q available in Black, White, Red, Blue and Orange. Pay to have Netflix, Zynga, Hulu, and the usual gang of Miss Populars make native apps for you, and market the sh** out of them.

I remain, disappointed.
    08-17-13 10:32 PM
    's Ok STV0726, you're gonna get flamed just as I do when I post opinions. If the rules of CB were to say nothing negative about the situation, I guess we'd get booted out. But you and I have a clear vision of the future of BB and it does not take an MBA from the Wharton School of Business to read the tea leaves. Sorry that you get aggro from the 'Say No Evil' crowd too.

I harped, cajoled, needled, irritated and generally made a troll of myself saying over and over that without the popular apps, the Z10 and especially the Q10 would not save BB. I was told that apps are 'overrated'. Really. Think about this...if the BB faithful, and the mothership itself thought that BB would be the tools of choice for the serious minded business folks, then why are there no Scrabble-style games like Words With Friends that 'smart' business people like to play available for the BB? Business people don't like to play smart, popular games with their friends while waiting at JFK for their London flight? No? Just email and Facebook? What a dumb mistake to misunderstand the market so thoroughly. If you can't play Words with you cohorts that have an iPhone or Android, the phone is toast.

But, I'm being negative, yes I know. I'm a negative poster. A downer.

BB can survive with the Hail Mary pass. Make the new Z and Q available in Black, White, Red, Blue and Orange. Pay to have Netflix, Zynga, Hulu, and the usual gang of Miss Populars make native apps for you, and market the sh** out of them.

I remain, disappointed.
    In no way am I saying not to make negative posts.... I am asking how this post can in any way help anybody......

08-18-13 06:54 AM
    In no way am I saying not to make negative posts.... I am asking how this post can in any way help anybody......

It is full of personal opinion and has zero data to back it up... ZERO data = zero value

08-18-13 06:55 AM

Now if every post needs to help someone there wouldn't be much here
    08-18-13 07:01 AM
    Now if every post needs to help someone there wouldn't be much here
    I think you misunderstand the point.... again...

08-18-13 08:23 AM
    I think you misunderstand the point.... again...

Again, I guess if it's again I just don't get you. Please don't hate me for that, I'm only kidding
    08-18-13 08:31 AM
    I already explained how it aims to help...tough love.

08-18-13 10:23 AM

Unfortunately, most had an uneasy feeling when Thorsten took over the helm since he was still apart of the old management team. The skepticism was always there regarding just how much and what would be done to turn it(slumping sales/no new BlackBerries/new QNX platform in place-finally/negative image hovering over RIM BlackBerry, etc...). At this point, most are just enjoying their latest BlackBerries, the OS leaks....as long as they last, and waiting for whatever is going to happen.
    08-18-13 04:12 PM