Who else thinks BBM will be delayed? Everything BlackBerry has done has been delayed. From phone release to software, To everything that I can remember. Summer ends in about a month and BBM is supposed to come out later this summer.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 08:16 AM
    Who else thinks BBM will be delayed? Everything BlackBerry has done has been delayed. From phone release to software, To everything that I can remember. Summer ends in about a month and BBM is supposed to come out later this summer.

Posted via CB10
    Aaaawww man, don't say that!!!! I'm eagerly waiting for it.

As it is, it's been released to Android and iOS testers for at least a week if not two, so it's out being used in the wild, so to speak. This bodes well for good progress.

I think we might have a good surprise coming our way before the end of summer.
    08-16-13 08:20 AM
    Hope for the best now

Channel : C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-16-13 08:23 AM
    No. I don't think it will be delayed.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-16-13 08:53 AM
    Given the track record I'll say yes delayed and or buggy.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    08-16-13 08:57 AM
    Delayed? BBM is early. Didn't you see the deal two weeks ago with Samsung to factory load BBM on its phones sold in Africa? Cross platform BBM is being rolled out. It will arrive in smaller markets like the USA last.
    08-16-13 08:59 AM
    Well I guess since they only said the end of the summer, we can't really say what is late. Unless we end up in fall lol
    08-16-13 09:00 AM
    Aaaawww man, don't say that!!!! I'm eagerly waiting for it.

As it is, it's been released to Android and iOS testers for at least a week if not two, so it's out being used in the wild, so to speak. This bodes well for good progress.

I think we might have a good surprise coming our way before the end of summer.
    More like a month:P

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 09:02 AM
    They've hit every launch date/range, except for the decided bb10 delay, since Thor took over.

So I am confident this will be available before September 18.

Posted via CB10
    nyplaya610 and Thesmartmale like this.
    08-16-13 09:13 AM
    i don't think it matters. There's no compelling reason for iOS or Android users to switch from their preferred messaging app to BBM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-16-13 09:18 AM
    I think lots of people will at least install BBM. Many old BlackBerry users still love BBM

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 10:01 AM
    Maybe the apps are already sent for review to Google Play and the Apple App store. Just a thought. A lot of the timing is really out of their control, apart from the actual creation of the app.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 11:39 AM
    i don't think it matters. There's no compelling reason for iOS or Android users to switch from their preferred messaging app to BBM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    As an Android and iPhone user, I would definitely but BBM on my non BB phones.
    08-16-13 12:39 PM
    Not delayed, but it'll be incomplete and buggy, also riddled with server outage.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 12:49 PM
    It might not be delayed but I'm worried it won't be fully baked enough. I realize they can't incorporate everything at once but I'm afraid they won't incorporate enough and Android and IOS users will dismiss the company again saying how useless BBM is when other IM's offer exactly the same options.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    08-16-13 01:19 PM
    Maybe on iOS
    08-16-13 01:32 PM
    The question I've asked on another forum thread (though it's not been answered) is whether the uncertainty over BlackBerry's future will affect things such as BBM uptake. I know, I know...BlackBerry isn't going anywhere. Great...with that out of the way, the simple fact is the management is looking at all options, including sale and merger-like arrangments. If, for instance, the company is sold, and then broken up, it's unlikely that the owner/board will keep the BBM servers up, isn't it? And aren't they needed for BBM to work? And doesn't that possibility present an obstacle to potential uptake?

Don't get me wrong...I can't wait for BBM to go cross-platform. I just don't want to imagine that the "For Sale" sign will stand in the way of it
    08-16-13 01:57 PM
    Delayed? BBM is early. Didn't you see the deal two weeks ago with Samsung to factory load BBM on its phones sold in Africa? Cross platform BBM is being rolled out. It will arrive in smaller markets like the USA last.
    Its not out in Africa yet anyway.
    Its not out anywhere aside from those who got invited to the beta.
    08-17-13 09:01 AM
    On time or not I don't think it matters anymore if it's delayed or not. Sure that might affect the ebb and flow of stock shares but at this point, it's coming out. Those that have recently jumped ship from BB to iOS or Android might have strong feelings against BB. Those that are missing BBM, will kind of care but not really if it's late.

The market will decide on what IM app is best cross platform. Even though I'm with Skype and Whatsapp on the BB10 as well as on my iOS and Android, my best experience is still on BBM. So I think they have a shot especially since there is strong brand recognition on that app alone.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 11:57 AM
    Well they said before the end of summer. In true BB style, it will arrive - get ready for this: Saturday, September 21
    BerryWizard likes this.
    08-17-13 12:31 PM
    They've hit every launch date/range, except for the decided bb10 delay, since Thor took over.
    Really? PB 2.0 delay and cancellation of BB10 on Playbook (i guess nothing to launch if you cancel huh).
    danprown, nyplaya610 and schmeat like this.
    08-17-13 12:36 PM
    It might not be delayed but I'm worried it won't be fully baked enough. I realize they can't incorporate everything at once but I'm afraid they won't incorporate enough and Android and IOS users will dismiss the company again saying how useless BBM is when other IM's offer exactly the same options.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    I agree 100%. I am Android user and was going to try out BBM until I heard it will only offer IM initially. After hearing that I don't see the point. I think at least 99.0% of Android and IOS users will feel the same and BBM will flop big time. How is it that BlackBerry, one of the pioneers of phone messaging, in 2013 cannot release a version off BBM that does video? If I am wrong about this someone please let me know, because I would like to try BBM.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using CB Forums mobile app
    08-17-13 12:52 PM
    Anyone that's ever been involved in a big roll-out (especially with technology), you want to get it right and be incremental about things. BB's working across multiple platforms and you want the experience to be a good one so start small and scale up. All it takes is a bad first impression and you will lose the users.

Rolling out a video conference service will add to Internet latency where it will vary amongst different users. I'll be honest, I've been on many Skype conferences the past month and each time it took 10-15 minutes before all parties on the call could just do voice properly and we kept cutting off throughout the call! This is a mature application right? So please, stop complaining about not having video available right away on BBM. To be honest, rarely anyone I know uses video chats or voice notes (BBM has it like what Whatsapp just rolled out but you need to click one extra step to get there) on any of the chat services on a regular basis.

So start off small where you have the ability to get the original BBM experience that still is better than Whatsapp IMHO. I think UI, general chat functions and delivery status are superior on BBM where iOS and Android users I've surveyed agree.

Then once you got the basic functions (again this is the first time ever they are going multi platform) working smoothly, then start the beta testing on the video and voice, then BBM Channels.

So hang on tight, BBM cross platform is coming. If those that want all in now, go get a BB10 device because us BB10 owners already have that.

Posted via CB10
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    08-18-13 10:08 AM
    Well they said before the end of summer. In true BB style, it will arrive - get ready for this: Saturday, September 21
    At 1159 Eastern standard time

Posted via CB10
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    08-18-13 10:20 AM
    Anyone that's ever been involved in a big roll-out (especially with technology), you want to get it right and be incremental about things. BB's working across multiple platforms and you want the experience to be a good one so start small and scale up. All it takes is a bad first impression and you will lose the users.

Rolling out a video conference service will add to Internet latency where it will vary amongst different users. I'll be honest, I've been on many Skype conferences the past month and each time it took 10-15 minutes before all parties on the call could just do voice properly and we kept cutting off throughout the call! This is a mature application right? So please, stop complaining about not having video available right away on BBM. To be honest, rarely anyone I know uses video chats or voice notes (BBM has it like what Whatsapp just rolled out but you need to click one extra step to get there) on any of the chat services on a regular basis.

So start off small where you have the ability to get the original BBM experience that still is better than Whatsapp IMHO. I think UI, general chat functions and delivery status are superior on BBM where iOS and Android users I've surveyed agree.

Then once you got the basic functions (again this is the first time ever they are going multi platform) working smoothly, then start the beta testing on the video and voice, then BBM Channels.

So hang on tight, BBM cross platform is coming. If those that want all in now, go get a BB10 device because us BB10 owners already have that.

Posted via CB10
    You make some good points, but can we agree it would be very good for Blackberry if BBM is a huge immediate success? I really can't see that happening with only IM. Like you said, first impression is important, and when people think of BBM they will just think of IM, and not be compelled to use. Even if BB adds voice/video later, I think it might be too late, as the initial impression is there. This is my opinion for BBM to be successful: A product that contains IM, voice, video, photo sharing, and remote control, that can be used cross platform. If BBM would contain all these at launch, I think it can be very successful. We can list all of the reasons why they cannot do this, but consumers will not care about their excuses. Who knows, maybe I will be wrong and BBM will be a hit.
    08-18-13 04:40 PM
40 12