The more I think about the very current situation at BlackBerry the more I have questions as to why now for such a drastic move.
    Right as the table is set for success. BlackBerry created more confusion instead of confidence. All investors understand the hard work wasn't over.
    Everything that was in the recent announcement could have been worked on without an announcement. It's the act if announcing that has me confused. Just as the clouds were parting TH brings on another storm! Why??? Why not just carry on working All angles.
    I have emailed BlackBerry Investors relations, below is a transcription of the email. I encourage all investors to email and ask questions.
    We can report here with any updates!

[email protected]

Hello,
    My name is ****** **********. I've been a shareholder of BlackBerry for over 3 years. I've seen this company through the toughest times!
    I've taken some time to understand the recent announcement and would like some clarification on a few things.
    1. Where is the advertising? I'm Canadian yet travel the world for work and spend a good deal of my time off in Thailand. 2 years ago it was a joy watching the people of Thailand using their BlackBerry devices. Now that BB10.1 is out where is the advertising on Thailand and other regions of the world to regain lost ground? I spend a lot of time on various BlackBerry chat boards and no matter where people are from they are complaining about a lack of advertising!
    2. How is it possible that a member of the board of directors. Bert Norburg is starting a Sony Subsidiary company (Sigma) to build out the "Internet of things" and BlackBerry is not in a partnership with this company? Is there not a conflict of interests going on here?
    After BlackBerry brought the term"internet of things" to life, we sit back and watch others bring it to market?
    3. The BlackBerry CEO recently spoke, stating that BlackBerry was on solid ground. That the platform had set BlackBerry up for the next 20 years. I understand the importance of the future ideas around the "Internet of things" and "mobile computing" and QNX's abilities to help BlackBerry succeed in these areas.
    -Why after the table is finally set for success do we shoot ourselves in the foot with this announcement at the worst possible time? Quite possibly killing future device sales at the same time.
    -Could we not go out and make partnerships and sign deals without announcing it to everyone?

Thanks
    I look forward to your reply.

This is not a thread for the I told you so bunch. Or people that just derail thread topics! You will be reported, Much appreciated if you stay out of this thread!

Posted via CB10
    danprown and _dimi_ like this.
    08-16-13 02:50 AM
    But, Dapper, they announced this statement now for a reason. Don't you think they know what affect it would have. The whole Board signed off on it. It's for sale, dude. Sorry, but there's no other reason to do this now.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-16-13 03:45 AM
    We are talking about million of dollars here.

TH will do whatever to make the most money from the sale.
    08-16-13 05:27 AM
    also if its materially affective to the stock price the regulations dictate they publish it, really doesn't matter if its good or bad, as they had taken that avenue they had to let people know.
    08-16-13 11:57 AM
    why now for such a drastic move. Right as the table is set for success.
    I hate to tell you this, but events since the January rollout of the Z10 have hardly 'set the table for success'. In fact the numbers show it's been a failure, and that's why TH and the board have been forced to look for alternatives. The financial officers at the company know what the books are telling them and they have models to forecast financial performance out through the next xx quarters. They would not have taken these steps had they not been seeing ominous signs. This isn't a 'drastic' move.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-16-13 12:07 PM
    My bad! Its clear CB is just a bunch of haters.
    I'll take my informed response from BlackBerry elsewhere.
    This thread can be closed!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 10:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can you PM me the response once you get it? Only if you're not posting it here. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 12:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    you must of known some people wouldn't hold the same viewpoint as yourself right?
    08-17-13 01:04 AM
    you must of known some people wouldn't hold the same viewpoint as yourself right?
    LOL. I was wondering if the mods had deleted some posts in which he was attacked.

Wow.
    08-17-13 01:19 AM
    What happened?
    08-17-13 01:40 PM
    What happened?
    Guess he took his ball and went home.

Maybe he'll be a happier bunny after a good night's sleep?
    08-17-13 01:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    PM please? :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 02:13 PM
    As an investor, I agree with all the points raised by dapper37.
    I will also send email to BlackBerry investor relations. I have believed and still believe in this company. All I have been thinking is that the recent announcements and their timing have a significance that is not yet apparent to us. BlackBerry is in the news EVERY DAY, it's being discussed everyday (some positive notes).

BlackBerry was dismissed and even ignored! It is now ALIVE and it's future debated...

Blackberries are forever!
    danprown likes this.
    08-17-13 04:00 PM
    I would like a PM of the reply too please. Well done by the way.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 05:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Grow up dapper37 why should CB be a fan only site? Where would people with no life and lots of hate for BlackBerry post? Yes I hate BlackBerry and yes I am a loser with no life who's only sole purpose is to be little and annoy people like you. BlackBerry is finished and I just want to save you. Yes i understand that some are ex BlackBerry employees who were useless and let go and now they are bitter and anger like me and posting on CB. Yes it is also true that cb is the only fan site which allows haters to freely post without worry of getting banned. I am a BlackBerry hater and I post on Cb.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 07:30 AM
    Wow, I can't find a single example of people in this thread "hatin" on BlackBerry or the OP. Were they all deleted?

Do people here realize that living in reality isn't necessarily the same thing as being a hater? It is like if you're not delusional, than you're a hater. Do we really have to be delusional people that ignore reality just to count as BlackBerry fans? I'm a fan of BlackBerry and want them to be sucessful, but I enjoy having a healthy grasp on reality more.

In the olden days of instituionalized mental health, hundreds of people were committed to insane asylums for sounding a whole lot less crazy than some of the posters I've seen on BlackBerry fan sites do. If that is what it takes to be considered a BlackBerry fan, than I guess I'd rather be known as a "hater".

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    JeepBB and kevinnugent like this.
    08-19-13 06:20 AM