so i bought the remote desktop app in BB world for $4.99 and it has instructions on how to set the app up to remotely control your computer from your BB device, i have it on my z10 and when i fill out all the info and set it up the way the in app instructions advised it still doesn't connect. Does anyone else have this problem? Could anyone with experience please help me out and maybe write down the instructions or maybe something i am missing. Thanks in advance!
    08-15-13 10:15 PM
    First off, we'll need the exact app name or a link to it in Blackberry World. Also, have you emailed the Dev about the problem? Most are very quick to reply and almost always willing to help.
    08-16-13 12:41 AM
    I noticed there was an upgrade for it the other day. I could not use it over 4G LTE last night, but now at home over WIFI it works.
    08-16-13 12:49 AM
    First off, we'll need the exact app name or a link to it in Blackberry World. Also, have you emailed the Dev about the problem? Most are very quick to reply and almost always willing to help.
    I believe we are talking about this one.
    BlackBerry World - Remote Desktop for BlackBerry - RDP

Can you describe where it fails OP? Mine stalled on a black screen saying "Connecting One Moment" in white font.
    Works every time at home for me.
    rthonpm likes this.
    08-16-13 12:53 AM
    so i bought the remote desktop app in BB world for $4.99 and it has instructions on how to set the app up to remotely control your computer from your BB device, i have it on my z10 and when i fill out all the info and set it up the way the in app instructions advised it still doesn't connect. Does anyone else have this problem? Could anyone with experience please help me out and maybe write down the instructions or maybe something i am missing. Thanks in advance!
    How you set it up is going to depend on what your computer setup is, whether it is part of a network, with a domain, or stand-alone, or what. I had to have my IT guy help me set it up, and it took him several tries to fill in all the fields so that it actually works. I know this is of no help to you, but I just wanted to let you know that it is not as straight forward as it may appear to be.

Once you have all the parameters all set up, it works great. I'm on Verizon Z10 with 10.2.0.1047, 4GLTE signal. Works fine.

Good luck!!!
    08-16-13 05:33 PM
    I have it set up on my z10 one instance one the personal one on the work side. No issue for either.

Work are domain joined pcs all I need to set up was the fqdn and my creds and it goes right in every time

For home I had to forward the ports on my router to make the pc accessible over 4g after that it was just a matter of putting the address and my creds in and everything was gravy.

How are you trying to set it up. Home device? Work device? Balance?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 08:51 AM
    Just a few things to check:

1. Is your computer configured to allow RDP connections, as well as having your user account as an authorized user?

2. Do you have a third party firewall that is blocking the standard port 3389?

3. Are your power settings allowing your computer to go into sleep mode?

4. Is the computer part of a domain or home network?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 09:39 AM