I've owned a Bold, and qwerty Torch and a touchscreen Torch. BB is the only smart phone I've ever had. I've been looking forward to upgrading to the Z10 for a few months now and finally did yesterday. I'm curious as to just what it is that my fellow BBers love so much about these phones as compared to current Galaxy S4s or similar phones? For me:

Pros
    Price--It was free through BestBuy with a 2 yr ATT renewal + a $50 BestBuy gift card.
    Bigger screen than my Torch
    CPU performance is superior to my Torch

Cons
    I miss my Folders! I kept icons separated into folders so I only had 1 icon screen
    I want themes! I made my own themes on my Torch or downloaded free ones and changed frequently.
    App World seems a little bare and with the buzz now dead the future looks bleak
    The way you get to messages is cool but not having completely separate entrance points to texts and emails gives my messages a cluttered feel.
    Very little customization--I'd like to customize fonts in texts (just on my end)
    Apps-where my Torch had tons of free, useful apps....seems everything in BB world now has a price to make full use of it.

I've been a staunch supporter of BB through the years but I now look at my wifes Galaxy S4 with serious envy. Maybe I'm just missing something and I really can customize more than it seems like I can and I'm just uninformed. IMO, phones today are, for the most part, very similar--it's all about apps and customization and my Z10 seems to be lacking both.

Help me see the light.
    08-15-13 02:37 PM
    I've owned a Bold, and qwerty Torch and a touchscreen Torch. BB is the only smart phone I've ever had. I've been looking forward to upgrading to the Z10 for a few months now and finally did yesterday. I'm curious as to just what it is that my fellow BBers love so much about these phones as compared to current Galaxy S4s or similar phones? For me:

Pros
    Price--It was free through BestBuy with a 2 yr ATT renewal + a $50 BestBuy gift card.
    Bigger screen than my Torch
    CPU performance is superior to my Torch

Cons
    I miss my Folders! I kept icons separated into folders so I only had 1 icon screen
    I want themes! I made my own themes on my Torch or downloaded free ones and changed frequently.
    App World seems a little bare and with the buzz now dead the future looks bleak
    The way you get to messages is cool but not having completely separate entrance points to texts and emails gives my messages a cluttered feel.
    Very little customization--I'd like to customize fonts in texts (just on my end)
    Apps-where my Torch had tons of free, useful apps....seems everything in BB world now has a price to make full use of it.

I've been a staunch supporter of BB through the years but I now look at my wifes Galaxy S4 with serious envy. Maybe I'm just missing something and I really can customize more than it seems like I can and I'm just uninformed. IMO, phones today are, for the most part, very similar--it's all about apps and customization and my Z10 seems to be lacking both.

Help me see the light.
    Touch and hold a icon, drop it ontop of another one, and bam you have a folder

Themes would be nice, but wouldn't make sense on BB10

you can swipe from the left side of the hub to pull out what tab you want to go into

as for apps with a price, that's what the developer decided to do. Not a BlackBerry issue
    08-15-13 02:42 PM
    You can still do folders

there are no themes

BB world is getting better but still kinda lacking.

Customization is still lacking right now too but you can get some wallpaper apps or led apps to help with that

I agree that the hub can be cluttered at times. You can choose what you want to display and what you dont in the main hub view to help with that
    08-15-13 02:44 PM
    When using the keyboard and needing to use another character that is found on the 2nd or 3rd keyboard layout try this.

Swipe down from the top of the keyboard. Wow isn't that just great haha.

:/

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 02:45 PM
    To be perfectly honest, the day I got my z10 - while I had new device excitement -there was a tiny voice in my head asking "where's the beef?". By the end of the week I realised that I loved the Z10. That was in February and I still love it and I'm still learning new things. If you read the forums you'll find this is a pretty common sentiment.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 02:50 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I'll try that on the folders, thanks.
    08-15-13 02:54 PM
    Add 10.2.1047 into the mix and wow! I haven't looked back since.

Rockin a New Z10
    Bowlegz likes this.
    08-15-13 03:05 PM
    I was about the same a couple weeks ago when I picked up my z10, but it has become my go to phone. Love it. 10.2 is also a major step forward. Give it time and I bet you'll be another user that loves the z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 03:40 PM
    folders are there!

And to be honest I think bbw for BlackBerry 10 is better than the offerings for bbos7

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 03:41 PM
    run the 10.2 leak it has jellybean 4.2 so side loaded android apps run smooth as butter vs on 10.1
    08-15-13 03:46 PM
    New Z10 owner.  What am I missing?-img_2793.jpg

Your only missing a coffee.. cause Z10 ROCKS!!
    jalahandro and thekidshop like this.
    08-15-13 04:13 PM
    I just got the Z10 from work. I've used the torch and 9700 before. I've always loved BBM from blackberry and was hoping something would be different with the OS for this phone and I'm a little disappointed. I still think blackberry has a lot to improve on but so far it's done some minor changes that I've seen so far. Like you, I wish there were themes for this phone. It's just a matter of getting used to this phone for work for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 04:20 PM
    When using the keyboard and needing to use another character that is found on the 2nd or 3rd keyboard layout try this.

Swipe down from the top of the keyboard. Wow isn't that just great haha.

:/

Posted via CB10
    Did not know about this one! Helps a lot thanks xD

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 04:57 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2793.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	192792

Your only missing a coffee.. cause Z10 ROCKS!!
    What case is that?
    newfie1974 likes this.
    08-15-13 04:59 PM
    What case is that?
    Seidio SURFACE Case for BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Hard Cases | CrackBerry Canada

Seidio Surface case
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    08-15-13 05:04 PM
    See sig. Enjoying it very much now. 101.0.4633 is an official OS that works great on ATT
    08-15-13 05:11 PM
    Watch some you tube videos and you will learn lots of neat tricks. Hope it helps

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 06:18 PM