So I have a Z10 and a Windows 8 large tablet that I now use as my main storage PC for media (and BB10 "loader" for OSes - I'm on 10.2). Music management is "ok" - I have my iTunes playlists loaded but the whole photo thing kind of bugs me. You see I'm a long time Mac user with large iTunes and iPhoto libraries and my wife carries her MacBook and her iPhone. So what I need is a way (and I thought Dropbox might be it but it doesn't seem to ask the Z10 to be a camera and auto-load photos from it like it does with other devices) - to get the photos off the Z10 and into some place that can be a good media library. I honestly don't care about iPhoto unless I can get stuff onto Dropbox and then just drag and drop that (her Macbook could be our main photo library) but does anyone have anything more creative in pulling photos from several places and then a nice kickass viewer/organize program on either OS that they see it all in? I have PIcasa on the PC and I do like it but not sure it's the best...

Any thoughts are appreciated!!
    08-15-13 09:10 AM
    Your best option is going to be box.net.

The built in box app for Blackberry 10, once setup will automatically sync any new photo's you take with box, which you can then have setup to automatically download to your PC or windows 8 tablet via the box sync windows application.

I've got mine setup that way and it works perfectly. Any time I take a new picture on my Z10 it's on my PC by the time I get back to it. The only caviate it it won't automatically sync any existing picture you have on the device, you'll have to do those manually. But it's great for anything going forward, much better integrated with BB10 then dropbox IMO
    08-15-13 03:11 PM
    That's it! Thank you... We should tell the others
    08-16-13 09:15 PM
    Box works well for me as well. Pretty good windows 8 app too.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 09:18 PM
    That's it! Thank you... We should tell the others
    We just did.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 09:22 PM
    This might not be optimal, and if you're OK with box.net, then it's not a big deal, but I've sideloaded the latest dropbox android app and set up the file syncing stuff in that. It works perfectly and I have all my pics from my nexus 4, nexus 7, Q10, Z10, and will do the same for all future phones. It also syncs pics already on the phone.

It's just another option, albeit also an extra step of sideloading dropbox instead of using box.net. I just personally find box.net to be slow and clunky compared to dropbox.

But again, do whatever works best for you.
    08-16-13 09:27 PM
    I'd go with Box. I sideloaded Bitcasa and it also has the option to automatically back up to the cloud, although Box is less of an Android app.
    08-16-13 09:35 PM