I switched back to blackberry from an iPhone. I used to have the curve 8830 and now have the z10. I love it. I have many friends that now want to come to blackberry. I feel that once people see them outside of a frickin store telling you that they are bad phones people really want them. I'm gonna tell everyone I know. I want blackberry to survive and it only will with us showing off their superior products.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 09:06 AM
    Welcome to the forums and back into the fold!
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-15-13 at 03:44 PM.
    08-15-13 09:09 AM
    Welcome back and good to see you're happy with your choice.
    08-15-13 09:11 AM
    What are some of the differences you see between the phones that you like?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 09:20 AM
    In the USA particularly, there are not enough sales of the Z10 to make a difference - just not enough users out there selling. What BlackBerry could have done and should do is to sell the Z10 to businesses at cost and offer current owners of a working or not working BBOS phones a special sales incentive. They have to also lower the price of their Q5 as well.

If the Z30 gets positive reviews we might see a swing back in terms of sentiment. If BlackBerry gets bought out by an established player that would help as well.
    08-15-13 09:27 AM
    It seems that all the "BlackBerry is For Sale" hype is starting to wear off. Hopefully we find out very soon what is really going to happen with BlackBerry. On a side note, I really hope the Z30 will be available soon.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 09:41 AM
    I love the hub. The gesture base os is awsome. I have always had the best luck with blackberry devices. My iPhone has always been problems since day one. I'm not a huge app user. I like a phone for the phone and blackberry has always delivered

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 04:21 PM
    In the USA particularly, there are not enough sales of the Z10 to make a difference - just not enough users out there selling. What BlackBerry could have done and should do is to sell the Z10 to businesses at cost and offer current owners of a working or not working BBOS phones a special sales incentive. They have to also lower the price of their Q5 as well.

If the Z30 gets positive reviews we might see a swing back in terms of sentiment. If BlackBerry gets bought out by an established player that would help as well.
    Why would the Z30 get any different reviews, or sales than the Z10. Actually probably will be worse cause of low specs

Posted from my amazing Z10
    bekkay and kevinnugent like this.
    08-15-13 04:24 PM
    I felt the same when I moved from iphone to BlackBerry ...enjoy your phone

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 04:26 PM
    It's going to take a whole lot more than "us" here in the USA. It's gotta start and end with the company, and for some reason they just don't see past the here and now. BlackBerry was supposed to innovate, not update itself. It's gotta be a complete marketing strategy that is nothing short of brilliant, and innovation. It can be done. But nothing of what we've seen so far is going to do it

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 05:10 PM
    Well, u are welcome to the BB world, home to the securest, smartest, beautiful and fast smartphones.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    08-15-13 06:01 PM
    Welcome. I think they are the only phone with a great gesture experience at this point. And the keyboard, you can kind of go slow and just flick most everything. Or type real fast, not caring about the spelling, and find that it usually fixes everything when you see it on the screen. I wish they would advertise these things.
    fanisk likes this.
    08-15-13 06:07 PM
    Call me crazy but the recent news for BlackBerry coupled with their awful financial reports have me worried the viability of the company. I'm a Sprint customer still using a 9930 because they are so late coming to the party. I've been planning on getting the Q10 but also thought about waiting for the Z30/A30 but now I'm not sure as I don't want to be stuck on a non supported platform should the company go under. Any thoughts?
    08-15-13 06:18 PM
    Well i bought my Q10 3 weeks ago, being fully aware that very likely blackberry will possibly be no more the next year. But if you are a qwerty lover like me, and dont mind not having the most popular apps, i say go for it.

This little thing is by far the best qwerty experience on the planet, and im very sure ill use this baby for the coming 3 years. In the meantime ill see how the blackberry situation unfolds.

At best, they will continue producing this marvelous phones, at worst they will cease to exist as we know them and ill be forced to buy another company`s fulltouch smartphone and curse my life.

In both cases i already have this beauty so no worries hehehee.

But go for the q10. Its a super cute and useful phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 07:13 PM
    One of the only things that the new regime has said and done is that this is a long term solution.... it has only been six months since the launch and it seems people expect the world in such a short time frame... sad...
    08-15-13 07:51 PM
    Like hell they better survive! I ain't switching to iCrap or Crapdroid.
    08-15-13 08:00 PM
    Like hell they better survive! I ain't switching to iCrap or Crapdroid.
    I agree. Android is like sleeping with a hooker, without protection! ewwww.

From Zed to U via CB10
    08-15-13 08:04 PM
    Well i bought my Q10 3 weeks ago, being fully aware that very likely blackberry will possibly be no more the next year. But if you are a qwerty lover like me, and dont mind not having the most popular apps, i say go for it.

This little thing is by far the best qwerty experience on the planet, and im very sure ill use this baby for the coming 3 years. In the meantime ill see how the blackberry situation unfolds.

At best, they will continue producing this marvelous phones, at worst they will cease to exist as we know them and ill be forced to buy another company`s fulltouch smartphone and curse my life.

In both cases i already have this beauty so no worries hehehee.

But go for the q10. Its a super cute and useful phone.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly I hope BlackBerry can sell it to a stronger hand like Microsoft before it is too late. To build a strong ecosystem is not a task BlackBerry can accomplish without miracle.

Selling itself is only way for BlackBerry to go since it is too difficult to compete with those technology giants Google, Apple and Microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 08:11 PM
    Why do I see this title and immediately read it in a Bane voice?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 02:44 AM
    Call me crazy but the recent news for BlackBerry coupled with their awful financial reports have me worried the viability of the company. I'm a Sprint customer still using a 9930 because they are so late coming to the party. I've been planning on getting the Q10 but also thought about waiting for the Z30/A30 but now I'm not sure as I don't want to be stuck on a non supported platform should the company go under. Any thoughts?
    I'm with Sprint as well and also have my beloved 9930. I don't think BBRY is going "under" anytime soon but that's just my opinion, these are certainly trying times for the company. My decision is simple; wait for Sprint to offer the Q10. For me at least no other device out there meets my needs as well as a BlackBerry so I'm sticking with them. God forbid I should be forced to use anything else.
    08-16-13 11:17 AM