Hello everyone. I'm new here and I decided that I want to join the club.
    I just have a couple questions, and hopefully some of you can help me out. I'm aiming for the Z10. I really don't care about apps on my phone because all I really want is a messenger phone. Email and text messaging are the two most important things. Although, I will be using my phone for jogging and some movies. Is this the right phone for me?
    I reside in the U.S. My local AT&T store doesn't have a display model, so I can't really play around with one, or check out the app store.
    All I want to know is, are there any good native jogging/running apps for the Z10?
    Also, I am coming from an iPhone 5, and I purchased a lot of music from itunes. Does the Z10 play aac files??? How about movies? I usually download movies from torrent sites, and they're usually BRRIP XVID. Does this device also play these type of files? If not, are there any good apps for movies/media player?

Thanks a lot. I really don't give a **** about the negativity BB10 is receiving. I am not a stock holder, just a regular guy that wants a phone that has an LED notification light, bad *** notification center (hub), and great speakers (btw, are they any loud?).

I will be cancelling my contract ($240 ETF), and will re-sign just for a BB Z10 ($0 @ BEST BUY), and sell my iPhone 5 for $420 (already have a buyer). So I won't be losing anything. ($180 in my pocket after paying the etf). I really want this Z10, hopefully it has these few things I'm asking for.

Thank you
    08-14-13 06:02 PM
    Honestly BBZ10 is great! I love it, but there is not that many great apps yet. As far as browsing and email AMAZING!!!! Multitasked browser and speed is incredible! I cannot say enough how jealous "iphoners" are of the speed and capabilities of my BB. But, I have always loved BB. I bought this because I am faithful! but I do get disappointed sometimes with the lack of popular apps. I have gotten wayyyy too used to saying "oh I can't get that app." My husband got the i5 the same time I got Z10 and I have used both.....I LOVE BBZ10. JUST GIVE US MORE APPS!
    08-14-13 06:10 PM
    Can't answer everything but Cascarun is an excellent native app for exercising. The developper often pushes new versions, and great reviews.

About AAC files, I don't know if the BlackBerry can read those because that's pretty much used only in iTunes, but you can convert them to MP3 320 kbps directly in iTunes (it is supported) before syncing them with BlackBerry Link or drag and drop to the phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 06:15 PM
    The Z10 supports both aac and mpeg4(xvid is an extension of mpeg4) I am sure you can find a list for the supported media types somewhere, from my experience I haven't had any issues where I couldn't play a song or a video.

For running the endomondo sports tracker is a very good app, you can track your runns with the gps to get the distance, speed etc.

The speaker is fairly loud and the sound quality is pretty good too it's not raspy.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 06:20 PM
    The Z10 supports both aac and mpeg4(xvid is an extension of mpeg4) I am sure you can find a list for the supported media types somewhere, from my experience I haven't had any issues where I couldn't play a song or a video.

For running the endomondo sports tracker is a very good app, you can track your runns with the gps to get the distance, speed etc.

The speaker is fairly loud and the sound quality is pretty good too it's not raspy.

Posted via CB10
    Just consider that Endomondo, even if it works well, is an Android port and not native as you ask.

Movies with audio coded in AC3 isn't supported.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 06:26 PM
    If you go to BlackBerry World on your computer you will be able to see the apps available, check under the health and fitness category.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 06:27 PM
    Endomondo Sports Tracker is great for runners. You can track distance and time and see your track on a map. Even if it is an Android port, it works like a charm, especially on 10.2.0.1047. There are others as well. I have played Torrents on my PlayBook which means they should be able to be played on the Z10. But please understand, it has been awhile since I did this and if my memory serves me correctly, I converted them on my PC and then drag and dropped them into my phone.
    08-14-13 06:29 PM
    Image formats

BMP, WBMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, SGI, TGA
    Audio & video formats
    3GP, 3GP2, M4A, M4V, MOV, MP4, MKV, MPEG-4, AVI, ASF, WMV, WMA, MP3, MKA, AAC, AMR, F4V, WAV, MP2PS, MP2TS, AWB, OGG, FLAC

Audio & video encoding/decoding
    H.264, MPEG-4, H.263, AAC-LC, AAC+, eAAC, MP3, PCM, Xvid, AMR-NB, WMA 9/10, WMA10 professional, WMA-LL, VC-1, VP6, SPARK, PCM, MPEG-2, MJPEG (mov), AC-3, AMR-WB, QCELP, FLAC, VORBIS

You can find this list on the blackberry website under multimedia
    BlackBerry Z10 Specs - BlackBerry Touch Screen Display Specs - Canada
    08-14-13 06:40 PM
    My top two running app are Endomondo and Runtastic.
    Be sure to check ShopCracberry or Amazon for a armband pouch for jogging.
    As far as playing different sorts of media files check out KalemSoft Medai Player it plays a slew of different file types.

What I like about Endomondo is that you can link it to different apps/programs like MyFitnessPal.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 06:40 PM
    Hello everyone. I'm new here and I decided that I want to join the club.
    I just have a couple questions, and hopefully some of you can help me out. I'm aiming for the Z10. I really don't care about apps on my phone because all I really want is a messenger phone. Email and text messaging are the two most important things. Although, I will be using my phone for jogging and some movies. Is this the right phone for me?
    I reside in the U.S. My local AT&T store doesn't have a display model, so I can't really play around with one, or check out the app store.
    All I want to know is, are there any good native jogging/running apps for the Z10?
    Also, I am coming from an iPhone 5, and I purchased a lot of music from itunes. Does the Z10 play aac files??? How about movies? I usually download movies from torrent sites, and they're usually BRRIP XVID. Does this device also play these type of files? If not, are there any good apps for movies/media player?

Thanks a lot. I really don't give a **** about the negativity BB10 is receiving. I am not a stock holder, just a regular guy that wants a phone that has an LED notification light, bad *** notification center (hub), and great speakers (btw, are they any loud?).

I will be cancelling my contract ($240 ETF), and will re-sign just for a BB Z10 ($0 @ BEST BUY), and sell my iPhone 5 for $420 (already have a buyer). So I won't be losing anything. ($180 in my pocket after paying the etf). I really want this Z10, hopefully it has these few things I'm asking for.

Thank you
    Z10 is an amazing phone! You'll hate your life for the first week but after getting used to the OS and gesture based operations you won't want to use any other platform.

As far as what you're looking for. I've synced my iTunes library to my SD card and it working fine but a quick Google search on aac file format for BlackBerry 10, could give you your confirmation. For movies you can sideload Netflix (android port) or download Crackle (native BB10 app) for streaming movies. I believe BB10 can play all other video file formats with the exception of MKV's if I'm not mistaken. For running there a re lots of apps but this OneBill is free.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/28204556

My only advice is do your home work on the device, find out what is making people love the device and others want to throw it out the window. Then find a Z10 in operation and play with it for a good 15 mins on your own.

Good Luck!

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    08-14-13 06:45 PM
    I use Sports Tracker and I like it. It just may be me, but I have noticed that my earbuds tend to get worn pretty easy and when they do, the phone goes crazy (skips songs, sends calendar appts out of the blue, changes the volume, and a few other things) on its own.
    08-14-13 06:49 PM
    Kalemsoft Media Player is the solution if the native media player cannot play something. I use it and love it. Hasn't failed me yet.

I have my whole iTunes library on my sd card and all my songs work. DRM protected media will not work.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 08:19 PM