Hey I have the Q10 on Telus and when I open setting in wifi for the saved locations I have two person ones set up but there is also a #telusdirect but is never connected does anyone know what this is about.

Posted with a Q10 on CB10/10.2.0.1047/ Thanks to berry leaks
    08-14-13 04:45 PM
    Have you ever used a hotspot? It might be the name for a hotspot you used...?

Or do you have a Telus modem/router at home that you only use as a modem, plus your own router? If so, maybe it's the ID for the Telus router.
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-14-13 05:26 PM
    Lol, someone's been on your phone!

My guess you connected to it once and forgot about it. Or maybe it's a wireless connection you set up once.

It's doesn't seem like anything to lose sleep over at all.
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-14-13 06:01 PM
    Thanks guys I haven't got Telus in my home and I have used hotspot but I have never seen it before. I'm not worried about it just curious if anyone else has it.

08-14-13 06:35 PM
    Maybe it's the wifi for the Telus store where you got the phone? They maybe used it to set the phone up for you

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-14-13 06:51 PM
    No I always set them up at home. Thks

Posted on CB10
    08-14-13 06:55 PM
    I have this in my wifi profiles too. It appeared after the 10.1 MR update. No idea why it's there. But if you look in the profile, you'll see it has something to do with the SIM. Also, all options are greyed out. I would guess it was a hidden profile in previous OS releases, and for whatever reason, is now visible.
    robkd and anon721037 like this.
    08-14-13 08:22 PM
    Me too... a Vodafone wifi profile appeared in my saved list after the 10.1 MR update.
    08-14-13 08:34 PM
    Thanks guys.

08-14-13 08:49 PM
    Just installed 10.2.1 leak and it appeared on my wifi saved list. Anyone know how to remove it apart from reinstall of original OS?
    01-20-14 09:37 PM
    I think these could be carrier pushed profiles? When I'm on Bell Canada I find 2 random profiles that are pushed to the phone. Usually usable in "bell" hot-spot locations such as Starbucks
    01-20-14 09:51 PM
    Carrier pushed definitely. I have AT&T wifi and guess what - it can not be deleted. I hope this company bankrupts or disappear from the face of the earth. It used to be times when they drive innovations now they only hold them back.
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-29-14 at 09:11 PM.
    01-20-14 10:17 PM
    If the Wi-Fi offload is counted against your data usage, I think you have a right to be mad. If it doesn't cost you anything, it's a perk!
    01-20-14 11:14 PM
    If the Wi-Fi offload is counted against your data usage, I think you have a right to be mad. If it doesn't cost you anything, it's a perk!
    It's a big headache for me because AT&T wifi is everywhere - McDonald's, Home Depot, Hotels, other restaurants... if I forget to turn off wifi when I go out sometimes it connects to those networks even when I drive buy which results in emails not delivered on time
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-29-14 at 09:09 PM.
    01-21-14 11:12 AM
    It's a big headache for me because AT&T wifi is everywhere - McDonald's, Home Depot, Hotels, other restaurants... if I forget to turn off wifi when I go out sometimes it connects to those networks even when I drive buy which results in emails not delivered on time.

t
    That sounds strange. Having an additional internet feed delays email... doesn't happen for me on McDonald's hot spot. What is the reasoning?
    01-21-14 04:15 PM
    Yeah, I have #TELUSDirect as well.
    Strange...
    01-21-14 04:27 PM
    That sounds strange. Having an additional internet feed delays email... doesn't happen for me on McDonald's hot spot. What is the reasoning?
    Simple, you drive by McDonald's or even worse if you are waiting on traffic light. It either attempts to connect but the signal is too weak and there is dropped packets or you need to sign in Web based. Either way, my device will be Internet less for 10-60 seconds and that for ME sometimes is enough to loose MONEY.

Luckily, I learned to stop the wifi (usually) but that whole thing is idiotic and I can easily pronounce someone at AT&T a dumb *** donkey (sorry donkeys).

Praying for the day when BlackBerry leaves completely USA carriers so we can get some "berry freedom" in this not so free territory.

I also happen to install and service AT&T wifi hotspots and I know exactly how slow they are - 20th Century slow.

//Some forum moderators are like communist
    01-21-14 07:46 PM
    Simple, you drive by McDonald's or even worse if you are waiting on traffic light. It either attempts to connect but the signal is too weak and there is dropped packets or you need to sign in Web based. Either way, my device will be Internet less for 10-60 seconds and that for ME sometimes is enough to loose MONEY.

Luckily, I learned to stop the wifi (usually) but that whole thing is idiotic and I can easily pronounce someone at AT&T a dumb *** donkey (sorry donkeys).

Praying for the day when BlackBerry leaves completely USA carriers so we can get some "berry freedom" in this not so free territory.

I also happen to install and service AT&T wifi hotspots and I know exactly how slow they are - 20th Century st
    That sounds like BB10 could better bring up wifi interface and routing. They should also add an RSSI threshold so it doesn't connect at poor signal levels.
    01-21-14 10:05 PM
    Thanks guys I haven't got Telus in my home and I have used hotspot but I have never seen it before. I'm not worried about it just curious if anyone else has it.

I have it to on my Moto g but I'm on a koodo pay as u go it also say on google play that I'm using this phone with out a Sim card so geez I hate techlodgy
    03-05-15 03:00 PM
    Koodo is Telus' budget brand. The phone may be pre-populated with the #TelusDirect Wi-Fi profile.
    03-05-15 05:03 PM
    TELUS Wi-Fi (public hotspots) | Mobility | Help | TELUS.com

I have it on both my TELUS phones and can't delete it. I really don't like it as it puts accountability on me to disable Wi-Fi if I'm in one of these hotspots and need to login to my bank account for example. I pay for an LTE data plan which I should get to use if I so choose. It's very sketchy that TELUS is trying to divert traffic off of their cell network with their insecure Wi-Fi network.
    03-06-15 01:34 AM