So there are some things in life that just dont mix, oil and water, Cowboys and Eagles fans, Democrats and Republicans....and lastly Blackberry and Windows Mobile.

I break that last rule. I love Blackberrys and WinMo phones, always have, possibly alway will. Ive had many phones including recently a Curve I had for a short time, my Pearl that Ive used for a long time, several WinMo phones, and now most recently jumping ship from my Pearl to a HTC Touch Diamond. Ive always loved Blackberrys because a)They handle all the forms of messaging better than any other device b)They are built SOLID and are of high quality and take abuse c) They are easy to use and you dont have to go through much to get where you need to go and d) They JUST WORK...

Having said that, I have always liked WinMo because of the amount of apps available, the look of WinMo, the fact its like a little computer and you can do more with it than a BB, and most important to me, you can customize the look any way you want.

Now there has always been one quirk, one thing about WinMo that has always been a sticking point and kept me using a BB as my main phone and going back to it time and time again. Blackberrys JUST WORK. As much as I may, as much as I might, I can NEVER use a WinMo device without there being some kind of issue, no matter how small. On my previous WinMo device (6800) I had an issue where after texting for a while my phone would stop letting me know when I get texts and not vibrating or making a sound, annoying for sure when its in my pocket or not in my direct view. Most recently with my Touch Diamond while charging and the device is asleep, it will freeze and not wake up without a batter pull and resetting it. Very dangerous when you use your phone as an alarm and you have a fiancee who drives to work at 5am sometimes and you keep the phone on so she can call you if she is sleepy, which she does sometimes. So this last quirk has been the final thorn in my side with WinMo.

So I ask, will you let this defector come back and get a Storm?
    10-18-08 06:14 AM
    You are accepted back brother of the electrons. Though you strayed, you returned. Feed the need. Visit CB often for a fix. Your Blackberry is calling you!
    10-18-08 06:25 AM
    What ??????? No 100 Lashes ?

Have we gone soft or something ?

Lol - I think we all get tempted to go to the dark side from time to time. The main thing that keeps me at the BB side of life is that they just work !
    10-18-08 06:32 AM
    Having to use WinMo was punishment enough though his soul will be haunted by Bill Gates the rest of his life.

Welcome back to the Crack and BB.
    10-18-08 06:46 AM
    welcome back to cb and do not let us down again
    10-18-08 07:05 AM
    Haha, yes, using a WinMo phone (and the lashing he likely received from his financee) is punshment enough. He just needs to buy the rest of us Storms also...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 07:09 AM
    Haha, yes, using a WinMo phone (and the lashing he likely received from his financee) is punshment enough. He just needs to buy the rest of us Storms also...

Sounds appropriate. Make it so.
    10-18-08 07:17 AM

I second that!! Welcome back!

10-18-08 07:31 AM
    Welcome back to CB. My BBs are the best phones I have ever had. I don't see myself going back. Well maybe I will get an iPhone maybe. No, I will just get the Bold.

10-18-08 07:39 AM
    You are most certainly welcome back. Over the summer I strayed from my 8330 and got an iPhone. Two days later I was back to the crack.

10-18-08 03:29 PM
    Ma bring the rope!!! JK i hope you stay awhile.
    Last edited by sam123gil; 10-18-08 at 04:24 PM.
    10-18-08 03:33 PM
    I would say yes do to the fact everyone deserves a second chance so welcome back to CB and I hope you thru the "winmo" phones in the trash. all they do is cause headaches..... at least bb keeps you high all the time.
    10-18-08 03:39 PM
    [QUOTE=Ash_786;847247]What ??????? No 100 Lashes ?

Have we gone soft or something ?

QUOTE]

AGREED !! EAT THE DIAMOND!!
    10-18-08 03:46 PM
    So there are some things in life that just dont mix, oil and water, Cowboys and Eagles fans, Democrats and Republicans....and lastly Blackberry and Windows Mobile.

I break that last rule. I love Blackberrys and WinMo phones, always have, possibly alway will. Ive had many phones including recently a Curve I had for a short time, my Pearl that Ive used for a long time, several WinMo phones, and now most recently jumping ship from my Pearl to a HTC Touch Diamond. Ive always loved Blackberrys because a)They handle all the forms of messaging better than any other device b)They are built SOLID and are of high quality and take abuse c) They are easy to use and you dont have to go through much to get where you need to go and d) They JUST WORK...

Having said that, I have always liked WinMo because of the amount of apps available, the look of WinMo, the fact its like a little computer and you can do more with it than a BB, and most important to me, you can customize the look any way you want.

Now there has always been one quirk, one thing about WinMo that has always been a sticking point and kept me using a BB as my main phone and going back to it time and time again. Blackberrys JUST WORK. As much as I may, as much as I might, I can NEVER use a WinMo device without there being some kind of issue, no matter how small. On my previous WinMo device (6800) I had an issue where after texting for a while my phone would stop letting me know when I get texts and not vibrating or making a sound, annoying for sure when its in my pocket or not in my direct view. Most recently with my Touch Diamond while charging and the device is asleep, it will freeze and not wake up without a batter pull and resetting it. Very dangerous when you use your phone as an alarm and you have a fiancee who drives to work at 5am sometimes and you keep the phone on so she can call you if she is sleepy, which she does sometimes. So this last quirk has been the final thorn in my side with WinMo.

So I ask, will you let this defector come back and get a Storm?
    They made u explain the reasons why you like a BB device over a Win Mo device.
    I too am a Win Mo user on a xv6800 who was considering leaving VZW
    for Sprint til I saw this device. I have been hooked ever since.

Also another thing I would like to add the reason I started the screen size poll because there is a lousy Win Mo device coming out Omnia. But the screen size is not as wide as the Omnia. I have been using Win Mo since
    I got a smartphone. So now I am changing. I appreciate you clearing that up.

Glad the group beat ya down. A lot of knowledge out of that and it is making me lean even more to the Storm. Sweet phone................................

Oh the have already initiated me into the BB cult.........................
    10-18-08 04:39 PM
    Ooops meant Storm screen size is wider not by much but enough to make a difference
    10-18-08 04:40 PM
    Hey let me be the one to say i feel your pain. I can't remember the last winmo device i had that the alarm actually worked. I'm on my 3rd xv6800 and just can't wait for the storm to come out. I'm going to trade in my 6800 to blackberry and get cash so i can put that money towards the storm.
    10-18-08 06:35 PM
    we've all taken steps to the darkside the good thing is your back
    welcome back to cb!!
    10-18-08 06:37 PM
    oh i'm not back. i'm here for the first time
    10-18-08 06:42 PM
    The prodigal son returns!

Welcome back. If you wash everyones car we'll consider things square.

Wed. is good for me.
    10-18-08 06:47 PM
    Hey let me be the one to say i feel your pain. I can't remember the last winmo device i had that the alarm actually worked. I'm on my 3rd xv6800 and just can't wait for the storm to come out. I'm going to trade in my 6800 to blackberry and get cash so i can put that money towards the storm.
    I loaded so much software that I got it running the way I like it. But the memory sucks. I soft reset it a lot. I will say one device where the alarm works if I know I am gonna hear it was the Moto Q; mem as well. Gave that one to my son for voice only that thing is a tank. I am looking forward to the Storm wanna give the OS a whirl and see what all the hype is about, plus gotta love the screen size on the Storm...............

Psssssssssst; just to warn u..............
    These bb-ers are crazy........shhhhhh.
    Don't tell them I said that.
    10-18-08 06:56 PM
    I will be drinking the juice here soon enough
    10-18-08 07:09 PM
    Welcome back to the Crack.
    10-18-08 07:10 PM
    Drink the kool aid and be berry be full....................
    But once u do there is noooooooo turning baaaaack.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!
    10-18-08 08:48 PM
    I went to an iPhone and now I am back so I can get the Storm - :P

"Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!" - :P
    10-20-08 10:15 AM
    "And the son said to him, �Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.�
    �But the father said to his servants, �Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.� And they began to be merry."

Luke 11:21-24

Quite appropriate, The Prodigal has returned!! lol
    10-20-08 11:45 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD