So I have this new blackberry q10 for some time now the one with flat cable. What do you guys think of it in terms of sound quality. Just curious on what other people think. For me it doesn't really isolate sound outside but ofc also it lacks bass but because it's no in ear. The sound is great though. The flat cable looks premium also. So,how is this earphone compares to like skullcandy or bose earsets? I actually have a a shure earphone but that one is just to way to unfair to compare it to this one as it is to high end so I don't think it's fair to compare them

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    08-13-13 07:47 PM
    I can't comment on the Q10 earphones, I haven't had the pleasure.. BUT are you seriously putting junk like skull candy in the same category as bose? LOL
    08-13-13 08:22 PM
    Are the Q10 headphones the same as the Z10 headphones?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 08:25 PM
    Are the Q10 headphones the same as the Z10 headphones?

Posted via CB10
    No

Posted with a Q10 on CB10/10.2.0.1047/ Thanks to berry leaks
    08-13-13 08:37 PM
    Yeah skull is a junk in comparison to bose, it's just what pops up in my head when I wrote this post

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 08:58 PM
    From what I heard the one that comes with the z10 is the bad one it doesn't have flat cables. Also to the other guy, what do you mean by not having the pleasure to test it out? You don't have it? Or you just don't care on testing it out?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 09:00 PM
    So I have this new blackberry q10 for some time now the one with flat cable. What do you guys think of it in terms of sound quality. Just curious on what other people think. For me it doesn't really isolate sound outside but ofc also it lacks bass but because it's no in ear. The sound is great though. The flat cable looks premium also. So,how is this earphone compares to like skullcandy or bose earsets? I actually have a a shure earphone but that one is just to way to unfair to compare it to this one as it is to high end so I don't think it's fair to compare them

Posted via CB10
    I have all those that you mentioned, except for the Bose.

Skull Candy < ear plugs < tomato cans < Apple buds < Q10 < Shure

Also, I don't know exactly what DAC is used on the Q10, but it sounds much better than my 9930. Better than the Wolfson DAC on my old Galaxy S as well.

Sound is full-bodied and louder output (epecially when compared to the 9930).

I'm going to move some of my FLAC library to the Q10 soon.
    Last edited by steinercat; 08-13-13 at 09:36 PM.
    08-13-13 09:17 PM
    It's not the best sound quality cuz I have a pair of Bose MIE2

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 09:20 PM
    It's better than the one that came with the 9700! but overall it's decent and free!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 09:25 PM
    I love this earphone for my q10, so much so that i spoilt it less then 3 months of use. Local BB centre do not have stock for the white to replace it, loan me a black one until the white ones comes.
    is any online shop selling? Seems like rare as gem
    08-13-13 09:30 PM
    I love this earphone for my q10, so much so that i spoilt it less then 3 months of use. Local BB centre do not have stock for the white to replace it, loan me a black one until the white ones comes.
    is any online shop selling? Seems like rare as gem
    Shop Crackberry does. That's where I got my black ones

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 09:39 PM
    Q10 ones do feel better than z10 thats for sure.
    08-13-13 09:48 PM
    I wish I knew what it was to have gotten headphones with my z10...

I had to wait 2 months in order for shop Crackberry to get them in stock

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 09:50 PM
    my q10 did not come with a headphone...nor did my z10...
    08-13-13 09:54 PM
    Not an audio expert myself so I can't comment much on the sound quality but in term of build it's sure more premium than most of the smartphones out there, especially those horrendous ones from Sony flagships like Xperia Z and Z Ultra. The flat cable is really nice and it never got entangled like others. I prefer this non fully in-ear earphone as I listen to music usually during my meals (so no loud chewing sounds).

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 10:14 PM
    I have all those that you mentioned, except for the Bose.

Skull Candy < ear plugs < tomato cans < Apple buds < Q10 < Shure
    I don't know. I think tomato cans are better than apple buds.

I would invest in a good pair of earphones rather than the Q10 ones. Personally, I use the Shure se530 and have never looked back.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 10:19 PM
    Thanks for all your comments people. I guess shure is unbeatable. Go back to the main topic however, I guess the q10 earphone isn't bad either. However I think the non branded earphone comes with the HTC one is somewhat better

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 11:10 PM
    Thanks for all your comments people. I guess shure is unbeatable. Go back to the main topic however, I guess the q10 earphone isn't bad either. However I think the non branded earphone comes with the HTC one is somewhat better

Posted via CB10
    This all depends on what your idea of "good" is. Generally any earphone that comes with a phone tend to be on the lower side of the quality scale. While the q10 earphones are better than the apple buds they still fall short of ones such as Shure, Sennheiser, and Ultimate ears (just to name a few).

I guess they'd be decent for casual listening though.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 12:25 AM
    Shop Crackberry does. That's where I got my black ones

Posted via CB10
    their shipping rates are expensive! i dont dare to buy anything from here.
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    08-14-13 01:04 AM
    Mine's still in the original packaging... (both from Z10 and Q10). Love my Bose IE2's wayy to much!
    08-14-13 02:19 AM
    their shipping rates are expensive! i dont dare to buy anything from here.
    Depends on where you're shipping to I guess...I see your profile as Singapore so maybe that's why.
    08-14-13 02:22 AM
    This all depends on what your idea of "good" is. Generally any earphone that comes with a phone tend to be on the lower side of the quality scale. While the q10 earphones are better than the apple buds they still fall short of ones such as Shure, Sennheiser, and Ultimate ears (just to name a few).

I guess they'd be decent for casual listening though.

Posted via CB10
    Music quality is subjective but being an audiophile I def DID not settle for the premium flat cable BlackBerry earbuds included with the q10. They sounded tinny and muddy. The older in ear BlackBerry headsets have better audio quality. Having tried quite a few in ear headsets lately I was due to get a new pair. I tried these and all with flat cables, decent drivers, good build quality and clarity.

Klipsch x7i
    Beats urbeat
    JBL J33i
    Monster beats DNA
    SkullCandy 50/50
    Jays +ones
    Soul tours

I settled for the skull 50/50 70$ for working out due to preserperation and wear.
    And
    KLIPSCH x7i 200$ well worth the money and crystal clear balance armature giving outstanding clarity with lows mids highs with decent base. The sound quality is amazing and total noise isolating and abs zero distortion.Also total comfortable and have flat cable also controls work beautifully with bb10. Even though package says for iPhone it is compatible with BlackBerry.

The price point for the skullcandy 50/50's were unbeatable and sounded better than the beats and the price won't break the bank. Make sure you get the new 2013 models which are tuned better.

The klipsch x7i are my go to higher end in-ear well worth 200$.

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 08-15-13 at 03:14 PM.
    08-15-13 12:01 AM
    I can't comment on the Q10 earphones, I haven't had the pleasure.. BUT are you seriously putting junk like skull candy in the same category as bose? LOL
    SkullCandy use to be junk but with the new 2013 50/50's they improved the tuning and sound better than beats.

08-15-13 12:02 AM
    I just got the Bode Quiet Comfort 20i earphones after having the MIE2i earphones for a year and a half.

The MIE2i ones I use when I'm walking my dog or something, and the Quiet Comfort 20i ones, I use when I'm at home or somewhere sitting. They're noise canceling and they are...incredible. Check out the Bose website for videos on them. They have this crazy technology that cancels everything out. It takes a lot to really wow me with technology these days, but the first time I flipped the switch on the noise cancelling remote, I was like...in a silent world..then I played my music and it just sounds so great.

Also, the "i" is supposed to mean it's for the iPhone and iPod and iPad.. which is fine because I mostly listen to music on my iPod, BUT the remote to adjust the volume and the mic both work on my Q10 and Z10

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 02:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    **posted> included premium flat cable sounded tinny, muffled and muddle.

So been shopping around and reading a lot of the reviews for flat cable in-ear headsets and I've purchased a few to try. Basically get the best you can afford proll around 200$ or so.

My two choices for decent quality:
    Skull candy 50/50 (2013 improved model)
    For more$$$
    Klipsch x7i - totally awesome

08-15-13 03:33 AM
33 12