Why can't my PlayBook do half the things displayed on this video?

False advertising much?
    08-13-13 07:34 PM
    Because you sold it or broke it? Mine does everything that video shows it doing. What model is yours?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-13-13 07:40 PM
    because that was a concept video from 2010 before the playbook was actually even made.
    08-13-13 07:43 PM
    If you notice, the glass in the video at 1:09 was fully empty. Not even half empty!

Ah, the dreams that fall apart ..................... (sigh)
    bozvandam and Carl Estes like this.
    08-14-13 12:32 AM
    Have you tried turning it off and then on again? :0/
    Toodeurep and DrBoomBotz like this.
    08-14-13 01:37 AM
    Because it is a piece of obsolete crap. When I purchased it I was very impressed with how awesome a device it could be with updates. But now realize it was just a mirage and it will forever be stuck at the current OS. I hate BB and will never purchase another BB device. I will semi use the playbook for a little time time more before I trash it. I really hope that they shut down.
    Mikey_T likes this.
    08-14-13 09:47 AM
    Because it is a piece of obsolete crap. When I purchased it I was very impressed with how awesome a device it could be with updates. But now realize it was just a mirage and it will forever be stuck at the current OS. I hate BB and will never purchase another BB device. I will semi use the playbook for a little time time more before I trash it. I really hope that they shut down.
    Amen!!!

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 4
    08-14-13 03:33 PM
    Because it is a piece of obsolete crap.
    WOAH! Down boy!

It may be discontinued but it certainly isn't obsolete. And to describe it as a "piece of... crap" is an insult to what is a fantastic feat of engineering and probably the best made tablet (un)available.

Wash your mouth out with soap.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-17-13 07:26 PM
    Because it is a piece of obsolete crap.
    So is the iPad Mini, they pretty much share the same specs.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-17-13 10:38 PM
    So is the iPad Mini, they pretty much share the same specs.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    Sure, but the iPad mini has a modern OS which will be upgraded and supported for years with the latest software; and access to a huge ecosystem of apps, games and features.

Hardware doesn't mean much if the software isn't there to support it.
    08-18-13 05:44 AM
    Mine did all of this until I got the Q 10. Now I can't bridge except for email, but that is well known. For everything else, multi app running, etc, it's chugging along just fine.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-18-13 06:42 AM
    Sure, but the iPad mini has a modern OS which will be upgraded and supported for years with the latest software; and access to a huge ecosystem of apps, games and features.

If blackberry finished the current OS and I mean really complete it. then the playbook will dance around the ipad and android. The hell with BB10. I like the current OS for the playbook. Just needs to be polished. Sharing integration capabilities, file manager, browser, and blackberry world from BB10 is what needs to be added to the current playbook. Make that happen and the playbook will be the mobile computing device that blackberry talks about.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 and Carl Estes like this.
    08-18-13 06:50 AM
    Bitter much?

It's not crap. Many people including myself still use it everyday for a myriad of things. You seem to only value whether or not it has BB10 or not. Makes me wonder whatever were you doing with it when you first got it.
    nappp, n8tiveg and Carl Estes like this.
    08-27-13 11:19 PM
    If blackberry finished the current OS and I mean really complete it. then the playbook will dance around the ipad and android. The hell with BB10. I like the current OS for the playbook. Just needs to be polished. Sharing integration capabilities, file manager, browser, and blackberry world from BB10 is what needs to be added to the current playbook. Make that happen and the playbook will be the mobile computing device that blackberry talks about.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 12:07 AM

The iPad MIni was crippled from birth and no amount of updates will fix what is a rushed and flawed piece of junk. Only a despicable company like Apple would charge a bomb for a poorly built 7" tablet with a lousy 512MB RAM, *no* USB port, a shoddy 1.2MP front facing camera and a proprietary OS that makes one feel like a Gulag prisoner.
    n8tiveg likes this.
    08-28-13 04:12 AM
    WOAH! Down boy!

It may be discontinued but it certainly isn't obsolete. And to describe it as a "piece of... crap" is an insult to what is a fantastic feat of engineering and probably the best made tablet (un)available.

Wash your mouth out with soap.
    Another one who has not yet accepted the fact that he/she was dumped.
    Hardware wise you might be correct but software and support wise a total failure.
    Wash your brain out with soap.
    08-28-13 06:47 AM
    The iPad MIni was crippled from birth and no amount of updates will fix what is a rushed and flawed piece of junk. Only a despicable company like Apple would charge a bomb for a poorly built 7" tablet with a lousy 512MB RAM, *no* USB port, a shoddy 1.2MP front facing camera and a proprietary OS that makes one feel like a Gulag prisoner.
    Yeah but the iPAD still keeps on tickin'
    Proof is in the pudding.
    08-28-13 06:52 AM
    I have always hated Apple, mostly due to their overpriced underusable garbage devices and OSs. However, in the case of iPad mini vs Playbook, I would say iPad wins. They are still updating the device without making empty promises. You dont have to reformat the device everytime there is a problem with it. All the newest apps run on it. It can be jailbroken to dualboot into Android (with FAR better Android app support), and is generally a far more usable device. 2 major flaws? Camera and Bridge.
    08-28-13 11:00 AM