I have been tasked with coming up with an informal communication platform for my company with individual chat, groups, calls, and video options. My immediate thought was BBM with it going cross platform "soon". Skype is another option and a likely finalist, but it does not have the social aspect that BBM will eventually have (Channels) which could prove really handy for us.

What does the group think? Should I recommend BBM once it goes cross platform knowing that the company is currently putting itself on the auction block? I don't want to put something out there, start using it, and then have to go back and implement something else.

I guess the same argument could be made about any IM platform out there (who knows what is in store for them), but with recent events, should I just recommend Skype?
    08-13-13 06:36 PM
    I would say do not abandon BBRY on this news, a joint venture could actually bring BBRY to life.

BBM works great and I am sure more is in store especially with the Z30 coming. I do not treat the news as a going out of business sign.
    08-13-13 06:42 PM
    BBM is still going cross platform BUT im not sure what features the iOS or Android versions will have. I think it will only be core BBM for cross platform unless you pay. Just have to say
    08-13-13 06:47 PM
    Chat features initially. They have said calls, video, and Channels by the end of the year.
    08-13-13 06:52 PM
    I do not treat the news as a going out of business sign.
    I don't either, but I am guessing others will. Others that potentially need to approve the recommendations. I think I need to come up with some counter-arguments.
    08-13-13 07:26 PM