Like the topic says, does anyone know if and when TMo will have wifi calling software available for US customers? Thanks in advance.
    08-13-13 04:11 PM
    Nobody knows for sure, but according to one poster, his rep says September 3rd. This rep has some credibility because she predicted the 10.1 roll out correctly.

In the meanwhile, if you are interested in loading WiFi calling unofficially, check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...d-here-825827/
    enigma8817 likes this.
    08-13-13 04:56 PM
    I got it when I got the 10.1 MR.

T Mobile Wifi Calling-img_00000430.png

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 08:17 PM
    Great news...looking forward to MR.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 06:28 PM
    Question re: this feature: I know it's not true UMA, but how will it work with billing/roaming? If I'm outside the country, and I have my phone set to "Wi-Fi Only", will I incur no roaming charges (calls or data), since the phone is using Wi-Fi for calls and data?
    08-16-13 06:42 AM
    It deducts from your regular bucket, no roaming.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 03:23 PM
    Question re: this feature: I know it's not true UMA, but how will it work with billing/roaming? If I'm outside the country, and I have my phone set to "Wi-Fi Only", will I incur no roaming charges (calls or data), since the phone is using Wi-Fi for calls and data?
    Correct. Just turn the mobile network radio off, leave Wifi on and you're good. I used Wifi calling with my g2x in Mexico and didn't get charged anything.

Posted via Q10
    08-17-13 04:15 AM
    Will I receive incoming calls on my regular US phone number if I'm outside the country, with radio off, if on wifi? Like UMA used to work?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 03:26 PM
    Will I receive incoming calls on my regular US phone number if I'm outside the country, with radio off, if on wifi? Like UMA used to work?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Nobody will be able to tell the difference.

Posted via Q10
    08-18-13 09:16 PM
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 09:31 PM
    One question. Since I'm on the $30/month 100 mins plan, I use Skype to make calls. what I'd like to know is whether or not using WIFI calling will deduct the few minutes I have from my plan. So far I've make it work with Skype(they had that 3month vouche for BB10 devices) and I've taken advantage of it.
    Having said that, I would prefer using the wifi calling feature if it's a better alternative.
    08-19-13 02:33 AM
    One question. Since I'm on the $30/month 100 mins plan, I use Skype to make calls. what I'd like to know is whether or not using WIFI calling will deduct the few minutes I have from my plan.
    I don't think WiFi calling is available to prepaid customers. Not sure how they limit it, but from what I've heard, they do.

Regardless, for most customers, WFC is just a variation on how your calls are carried, not how minutes are counted. Most WFC users get minutes deducted, but there are some postpaid customers who have a service add-on that gives them an unlimited minutes bucket on WiFi.
    08-19-13 07:20 AM
    WiFi calling will deduct from your minutes, for sure. As you know, Skype obviously will not.

Question, back in the UMA days, UMA calling was vastly superior to Skype calling. I'm not a techie, but UMA calls seemed to be carried on a superior internet line, with a higher quality connection. Probably because it wasn't free. Is TMO's new WiFi calling like this?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 07:38 AM
    Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 05:07 PM
    WiFi calling *may* work for prepaid. Earlier this year I had a prepaid SIM in a T-Mobile @ home box - uses the same calling platform as the original WiFi calling devices, UMA. It didn't register until I did online chat and talked them into setting the 911 address on the account.

I never mentioned WiFi calling during the chat.

Whether the WiFi calling system that BB10 is attaching to allows prepaid... I don't know. I didn't keep the SIM active to test.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 11:14 PM
    This version of WiFi calling is equally clear as UMA.

From the documents I've read it's more likely to connect through more WiFi networks because I think it's using port 443, just like a web SSL session. (like online banking or a credit card purchase). I haven't actually looked at the traffic to confirm that though, it'd take a couple hours to setup on my home network and I'm just not that curious

Three hours of calls since I loaded the leaked release later, it's been crystal clear.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 11:33 PM
    This version of WiFi calling is equally clear as UMA.

From the documents I've read it's more likely to connect through more WiFi networks because I think it's using port 443, just like a web SSL session. (like online banking or a credit card purchase). I haven't actually looked at the traffic to confirm that though, it'd take a couple hours to setup on my home network and I'm just not that curious

Three hours of calls since I loaded the leaked release later, it's been crystal clear.

Posted via CB10
    Which os version and app version are you using?

Posted via Q10
    08-20-13 12:10 AM
    Surprised this hasn't been brought up here. I got the app with the OS "updated" last night, but I am unable to turn it on (grayed out toggle switch). Anyone see this? Anyone call TMO about this? I may try this afternoon when I have some time.
    08-20-13 08:53 AM
    Surprised this hasn't been brought up here. I got the app with the OS "updated" last night, but I am unable to turn it on (grayed out toggle switch). Anyone see this? Anyone call TMO about this? I may try this afternoon when I have some time.
    Same here just seen it on my phone this morning when I got to work. Haven't had a chance to see if it changes when on wifi yet as I don't have access at work all hardwired here.
    08-20-13 01:04 PM
    Same here just seen it on my phone this morning when I got to work. Haven't had a chance to see if it changes when on wifi yet as I don't have access at work all hardwired here.
    Nah, it wasn't able able to be toggled on while on wifi, when I was finally able to download it lastnight via Link.

Not gonna call Tmobile, everytime I call them about something they tell me 1. Go online and check. 2. Have you heard of a site called Crackberry.
    The last time I called in June about wifi calling the rep actually was looking on the Internet to find out when it was coming.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 02:18 PM
    Do you have the MR release or did you update with a leak?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 02:35 PM
    BTW thanks for the responses everyone.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 02:37 PM
    I just got a update notification, the same verson I already had..i d/l it and it came with the Wifi calling app..it doesn't toggle on for me.

Posted via my Q10
    08-20-13 03:32 PM
    Do you have the MR release or did you update with a leak?

Posted via CB10
    Neither. I got a Notification that a software update was available. The "update" was to 10.1.0.237, the same version I had. I updated anyway and got the non-functional software.
    08-20-13 04:04 PM
    I just got a update notification, the same verson I already had..i d/l it and it came with the Wifi calling app..it doesn't toggle on for me.

Posted via my Q10
    Right. Same for me.
    08-20-13 04:04 PM
52 123