Blackberry is officially "for Sale" and Yahoo is one of the interested buyers, offering $1.2 billion dollars.

Source: Yahoo is interested in acquiring Blackberry for over $1.2 billion
    08-13-13 10:28 AM
    Interesting, but the price seems very low considering how much capital BlackBerry has.

Canadian Z10 owner on Telus
    Blacklatino and Jim Banks1 like this.
    08-13-13 10:31 AM
    I'd take that with a grain of salt if I were you..
    SubmarinerOne likes this.
    08-13-13 10:33 AM
    For a CEO that hates blackberry. Can't see this ever happening.
    08-13-13 10:38 AM
    That actually wouldn't be a bad match to be honest, if the services are well integrated but Yahoo! doesn't strike me as the type of company that wants to manage their own mobile platform and hardware.

But a Yahoo!, Flickr, Tumblr phone would probably appeal to some people.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    08-13-13 10:38 AM
    uhm, BB has more than 3 B cash , I'd buy it for twice the yahoo offer .... , BB worth more than 5B and a private sale would have to be 7B or more
    08-13-13 10:41 AM
    Heyyyyy! This good be good...right?

Z10
    08-13-13 10:42 AM
    uhm, BB has more than 3 B cash , I'd buy it for twice the yahoo offer .... , BB worth more than 5B and a private sale would have to be 7B or more
    Ahhh this sounds reasonable

Z10
    08-13-13 10:43 AM
    whatever happened to yahooligan?
    08-13-13 10:43 AM
    Listen it's better than nothing and if it works, then lets do it! And it keeps Blackberry alive and kicking! Better to be a social network company than HP, IBM, etc..because they have no idea of what to do with a mobile company. Their just a bunch of PC makers that are hanging on themselves. I thought HP would be a good fit because they want back in the game but it looks like Android for them (unsuccessful; Slate 7 anyone?). It's all about the social media right now and connecting with them.
    08-13-13 10:46 AM
    Below are the author's credentials:

Hello, my name is Niels Bosch and i am the founder of AmongTech. I live in the south of Spain and am 17 years old. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple (gotta love Apple!), Marketing and SEO
    08-13-13 10:51 AM
    This was completely made up

Posted via CB10
    earlym and jordandrews90 like this.
    08-13-13 10:56 AM
    I have no idea how serious this story is but let's assume it was real. I would predict the following: some negotiation upward on the price but the fact that the initial offer is less than the cash seems to me to indicate that they view ongoing operations as a liability rather than what they are buying. Yahoo I think has a history of buying companies for tech teams, shutting down their product and repurposing those programmers etc on something similar but not the same. So maybe use the cash to pay for shutting down the phone part and concentrating on BES to get Yahoo more enterprise access and BBM to help on the social network front. I don't see them making phones but who knows. It probably isn't real anyway.
    08-13-13 10:58 AM
    Heck no.
    Yahoo is company that's barely keeping its own head above water.
    And given its CEO snub of Blackberry in the past, I would only see Mayer going to town chopping up Blackberry however she see fit.
    08-13-13 10:59 AM
    Below are the author's credentials:

Hello, my name is Niels Bosch and i am the founder of AmongTech. I live in the south of Spain and am 17 years old. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple (gotta love Apple!), Marketing and SEO
    Heh, looks like a great source. Got to love the Internet.
    Savior4Life likes this.
    08-13-13 10:59 AM
    I think this would be a spectacular ide....

GOT YA!

(no I'm not the op, because I try not to do stupid things)
    08-13-13 11:00 AM
    Blackberry is officially "for Sale" and Yahoo is one of the interested buyers, offering $1.2 billion dollars.

Source: Yahoo is interested in acquiring Blackberry for over $1.2 billion
    Complete BS.
    08-13-13 11:00 AM
    I think this would be a spectacular ide....

GOT YA!

(no I'm not the op, because I try not to do stupid things)
    We should try to get this source, the guy at the T-Mobile Kiosk and the homeless guy I met in Chicago to get together and tell us what the future will bring.
    bp3dots likes this.
    08-13-13 11:02 AM
    Moved to news and Rumors and take this one with a huge grain of salt, and call me in the morning...
    08-13-13 11:06 AM
    What non sence

Posted via CB10
    BerryWizard and earlym like this.
    08-13-13 11:11 AM
    I thought I just responded to another thread
    ..the company I would hate to acquire BlackBerry is Yahoo.

Maybe their CEO read the thread and decided to "express interest" just to spite CB nation. Lol.
    08-13-13 11:13 AM
    Hogwash! Marisa Mayer trying to acquire BB worth market cap over $6 Bil for $1.2 BIl. The reporter is smoking crack!

I see Amazon, Nokia & Microsoft bid, or IBM & Lenovo bid as strategic buyers. Or else, going private with Prem Watsa orchestrating it.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    08-13-13 11:15 AM
    I think if she waited another year, she can buy BB for millions. LOL
    08-13-13 11:18 AM
    Doesn't make sense when the CEO was bad mouthing Blackberry saying it wasn't even a smart phone. I would not be happy if they did acquire BBRY.
    John Pawling and Jerale Hoard like this.
    08-13-13 11:18 AM
    This got to be true coming from a 17 years old author who surely knows lots and has many insiders in both companies right?

Did any one bother to read the author's bio?
    08-13-13 11:19 AM
86 123 ...