Boy, it sounds like everyone is hating on Blackberry these days.

Buh-bye to BlackBerry; I wept, but not too much* - NBC News.com
    08-12-13 07:51 PM
    Everyone right now is jumping on the news and putting their spin on it. At this point we dont know much. We all are doing the same thing as the news and just guessing. I suspect that the next earnings call will paint a better picture if we dont here anything by then.
    08-12-13 08:00 PM
    I thought it was pretty well written, for the current generation of "journalists".
    08-12-13 08:17 PM
    Everyone right now is jumping on the news and putting their spin on it. At this point we dont know much. We all are doing the same thing as the news and just guessing. I suspect that the next earnings call will paint a better picture if we dont here anything by then.
    The fact that the board announced this before the next earnings call is actually quite telling. If the trends were showing a strong quarter, they'd probably have waited until the release of those results to negotiate from a relative position of strength. By announcing it now, the only thing the market has to go by is the previous quarter's dismal results and the sense that things are going poorly. If the board were seeing trends for a strong quarter, they'd have waited before announcing something like this.
    edsam, ccbs, Etios and 2 others like this.
    08-12-13 08:22 PM
    The fact that the board announced this before the next earnings call is actually quite telling. If the trends were showing a strong quarter, they'd probably have waited until the release of those results to negotiate from a relative position of strength. By announcing it now, the only thing the market has to go by is the previous quarter's dismal results and the sense that things are going poorly. If the board were seeing trends for a strong quarter, they'd have waited before announcing something like this.
    It's not like another bad quarter can hurt much more. Sure, BlackBerry could drop a little more, but there can't be that more room to go - the patent portfolio has some minimal value.

Doesn't it?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 08:30 PM
    I agree and to me its not a good sign but again I dont actually know anything so its still just guessing
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    08-12-13 08:31 PM
    This writer (suzanne choney) or whatever her name is.. doesn't know what she is talking about. She seems to be writing about the old BlackBerry. She mentions that her iphone over powered the blackberry as she seemed to be using her iphone more than the blackberry. What else do you use your phone other than calls and text messages and maybe answer an email or 2? She saying that we will learn to give up blackberry. But nowadays, is there something that the new bb10 cant do that the iphone can? If she really wants I can show her she can tweet, post on Facebook, check her email and browse on the Internet, even use Instagram (with a little help from sideloading) and even play games. What exactly makes the iphone better than the new bb10? Is it the apps? I thought phones' main use was to use it for communication? Am I missing something? I think she should re-write and rethink her little article. She needs to clarify what her problem actually is... is it the the company's strategic plan or is it the actual device's software/hardware? This is an example of people opening their mouths, expressing their misinformed biased opinions and influencing a large population.

Somebody please relay this message to her. As I guess I can't do it on my new z10... hahaha. just kidding!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 08:56 PM
    It's not like another bad quarter can hurt much more. Sure, BlackBerry could drop a little more, but there can't be that more room to go - the patent portfolio has some minimal value.

Doesn't it?

Posted via CB10
    Agree but a strong quarter would have given BBRY some much needed momentum not just in the markets and among consumers but also with potential strategic/financial partners or investors. Another weak quarter would only serve to confirm the status quo and also confirm that BBRY is on the ropes.
    08-12-13 09:03 PM
    This writer (suzanne choney) or whatever her name is.. doesn't know what she is talking about. She seems to be writing about the old BlackBerry. She mentions that her iphone over powered the blackberry as she seemed to be using her iphone more than the blackberry. What else do you use your phone other than calls and text messages and maybe answer an email or 2? She saying that we will learn to give up blackberry. But nowadays, is there something that the new bb10 cant do that the iphone can? If she really wants I can show her she can tweet, post on Facebook, check her email and browse on the Internet, even use Instagram (with a little help from sideloading) and even play games. What exactly makes the iphone better than the new bb10? Is it the apps? I thought phones' main use was to use it for communication? Am I missing something? I think she should re-write and rethink her little article. She needs to clarify what her problem actually is... is it the the company's strategic plan or is it the actual device's software/hardware? This is an example of people opening their mouths, expressing their misinformed biased opinions and influencing a large population.

Somebody please relay this message to her. As I guess I can't do it on my new z10... hahaha. just kidding!

Posted via CB10
    can you check traffic information, transportation route, on BB10 like we get from google maps ? and help tracking my excercise (running, cycling etc) like Nike+

just curious...

right now smartphone its not just for calling, text, email .. we can do so much more with today smartphone..
    08-12-13 09:10 PM

She already has an iPhone and all the software/accessories/etc that she needs. Why would she dump all that for a BB10 device that can kinda-sorta do the same things but not anything extra? That's BlackBerry's problem, they're so late that they can't be only just-as-good because then why bother switching?

PS: the "her little article" bit smacks of misogyny.
    08-12-13 09:18 PM
    What else do you use your phone other than calls and text messages thought phones' main use was to use it for communication? Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    People use their phones for everything from processing payments, scanning and uploading documents, check depositing , as well as all the top social media applications. All smartphones are great communication tools, I don't understand why blackberry fanboys think that it's exclusive to blackberry devices.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    08-12-13 09:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is an example of not understanding...

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 09:41 PM
    What else do you use your phone other than calls and text messages and maybe answer an email or 2?
    I hate to sound harsh, but this statement underlines the disconnect between some BB users and modern day smartphone use.

If I told you what I did on my phone daily, you'd understand why overall functionality is a major need... and I'm far from unique.
    08-12-13 09:48 PM
    This writer (suzanne choney) or whatever her name is.. doesn't know what she is talking about.

Posted via CB10
    She like countless other BB users have moved on and found what works for them. More than likely she's happy where she is. It doesn't matter if the new gen BB's are miles ahead of the old gen the damage is done.
    08-12-13 09:53 PM
    She mentions that her iphone over powered the blackberry as she seemed to be using her iphone more than the blackberry. What else do you use your phone other than calls and text messages and maybe answer an email or 2?

Posted via CB10
    You're obviously a BB user since anyone with even the most basic Android device (not to mention ultra capable devices like the S4 or any of the iPhones) is used for more than just "calls and text messages and maybe answer an email or 2". Long live BB!
    Drew808, szlevi and Saiga like this.
    08-12-13 09:58 PM
    I thought it was pretty well written, for the current generation of "journalists".
    Well said
    08-12-13 09:59 PM
    can you check traffic information, transportation route, on BB10 like we get from google maps ? and help tracking my excercise (running, cycling etc) like Nike+

just curious...
    to answer your question. why yes you can do that with bb10. maybe not with google maps but you can do it waze (acquired by google) and the native blackberry maps itself can actually do it. edmondo I believe can track your exercises.
    08-12-13 10:58 PM
    It's probably too much to ask of the BBRY Board and management team given their contempt for BB users in that way they executed the deployment of BB10 but I sure do hope whatever strategic alternatives BB pursues includes some type of support for current BB OS users or at least a long enough transition to allow us to maintain our current handsets for some predetermined reasonable period of time.

Having spent over a thousand dollars on the Z10 and the Q10, I'd hate to have to buy yet another new phone before my Q10 is even a year old!
    08-12-13 11:03 PM
    to answer your question. why yes you can do that with bb10. maybe not with google maps but you can do it waze (acquired by google) and the native blackberry maps itself can actually do it. edmondo I believe can track your exercises.
    thanks for your answer..

i kind of confused why many people in CB said smartphone only for call, text, email, browsing..so i kind assumed not many useful apps (health, navigation, movies etc) available on BB10 or maybe many people in CB only ignorant with other smartphone feature only using it for basic function.

with today smartphone you can see many new and useful feature almost everytime, sometimes when i'm hangout with my friends/ talking with others they share many useful apps and smartphone feature information that i can't find it my self.

a great way for a platform/Phone to market it mouth to mouth..i dont think people will buy BB10 if it can only be use for calling, text or email.
    08-12-13 11:19 PM
    Remember when Angry Birds came out on iOS and Android, but didn't come out on the OS7 phones? Instead, BB owners got "Angry Farm."

That's BB in a nutshell. It's "Angry Farm" writ large. Workarounds, substitutes, knock-offs, holes, and hope. It's been that way for 3-4 years now, and this year has shown that this is never going to change.
    08-13-13 05:43 AM

It is sickening the hate coming out from the US propaganda machine and make no mistake this is deliberate propaganda. The US companies are looking to buy blackberry and The Canadian pension plan announced this weekend before blackberry officially went on sale saying they would be interested in taking blackberry private with others (watsa) who just step down from the board. With CPP and watsa looking to take blackberry private will ensure that the US companies will have to stay honest and make a fair bid or Canada will throw up the middle finger and say no blackberry for you and make no mistake they US want blackberry. No one would bash and attack a company they don't care about. If Blackberry gets bought out (by a US company) the propaganda machine will then point out how great blackberry is and all its advantages.
    Jahcure likes this.
    08-13-13 05:54 AM
    It is sickening the hate coming out from the US propaganda machine and make no mistake this is deliberate propaganda. The US companies are looking to buy blackberry and The Canadian pension plan announced this weekend before blackberry officially went on sale saying they would be interested in taking blackberry private with others (watsa) who just step down from the board. With CPP and watsa looking to take blackberry private will ensure that the US companies will have to stay honest and make a fair bid or Canada will throw up the middle finger and say no blackberry for you and make no mistake they US want blackberry. No one would bash and attack a company they don't care about. If Blackberry gets bought out (by a US company) the propaganda machine will then point out how great blackberry is and all its advantages.
    I guess all the hate that the media gives Microsoft, Apple and Google are just in my imagination?

At this point if there is a buyout or a taking the company private.... the days of BlackBerry as a smartphone company are pretty much over.
    h20work, jegs2, helio9965 and 1 others like this.
    08-13-13 08:05 AM
    All these news will not help the sales...

Posted via CB10
    qwerty4ever and h20work like this.
    08-13-13 08:09 AM

Give them #1 reason not to hate
    h20work likes this.
    08-13-13 08:16 AM
    Everyone's just jumping the gun with their own predictions. There was a meeting, a committee formed and that's all we know. Sure they may have already began their source of looking at other ventures/sale but guess what - no one knows that but them. I'll hold tight on my expressions until the real decision is made.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    08-13-13 08:17 AM
76 123 ...