Every now and then I get a text message that doesn't come throught. The message I do get
    says, "You have a message awaiting retrieval. Click the button below". Below the
    message is a DOWNLOAD NOW box. I have been getting this lately when I get a message
    from my wife's Z10, I have a Q10. Any thoughts, suggestions, solutions??? Thanks to all
    in advance!
    08-12-13 12:42 PM
    What OS and carrier are you on?
    08-12-13 08:09 PM
    Yes I am getting that same message. PLEASE HELP
    08-12-13 09:49 PM
    Is this actually a MMS message? If it is then you might have to reset the "advanced MMS" settings. There are a couple threads on CB about this MMS bug after the update
    08-12-13 10:02 PM
    Yes it seems to happen on mms and with group mms most of the time. I haven't updated my software (w/ verizon) because my device says I have most up to date software. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 05:36 AM
    Hi...I use Telus and OS is 10.1.0.4181. Actually since I have updated to .4181 when I take a pic and try to forward the pic I get an error, "General problems." So having troubles sending and receiving pics through text messages.
    08-13-13 07:24 AM
    HOWARMAT....what is the difference between MMS and SMS? You mentioned to reset the "advance MMS setting"...how do I do that. I must be looking in the wrong spot as I have not been able to find the place where I can do the reset. Besides these issues I love my Q10, QWERTY BB forever
    08-13-13 07:27 AM
    Open Hub>settings>text messages>MMS, at the bottom be sure 'Auto Retrieval Mode' is set to Always.
    08-13-13 09:41 AM
    Open Hub>settings>text messages>MMS, at the bottom be sure 'Auto Retrieval Mode' is set to Always.
    I don't think that is going to help. I have had the same bug and mine has always been set to "always"

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 09:59 AM
    Agreed!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 11:30 AM
    HOWARMAT....what is the difference between MMS and SMS? You mentioned to reset the "advance MMS setting"...how do I do that. I must be looking in the wrong spot as I have not been able to find the place where I can do the reset. Besides these issues I love my Q10, QWERTY BB forever
    MMS is usually pictures or a long text message. The sender might or might not have to enable MMS on his end when the SMS goes over 160 characters depending on their app/settings. Im not saying this is the fix i just know there are alot of SMS threads poping up. there is a thread on the official BB board with the same error message but noone seems to know the fix
    08-13-13 11:49 AM
    I get this often.. any idea if it is a bug or what? fix it fix it fix it!! i waste so much time on bugs these days, either on this phone, some doofus' website somewhere, or software. maybe I just pick all the bad developers
    09-23-13 02:04 PM
    Any solution yet? I'm still having this problem.

Message me if you have a solution.
    Pin:2B54AF0E

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 11:53 PM
    Hi, anyone fixed this yet? I'm having it on my new Q10 and even when I try and download the message, it doesn't always go through.
    12-30-14 05:17 AM
    Feb 2024 problems with Canadian Telus and MMS on Blackberry 10 phones like Passport, Classic, z30 etc... From the Telus website:
    https://www.telus.com/en/support/art...saging-changes
    Picture and group messaging changes (for select customers)
    Learn how to continue using picture and group messaging (MMS) by updating your software or settings, or by replacing your device.
    Note: Starting on February 7, 2024, older devices may require software or settings updates or replacement to continue using Picture and Group messaging (MMS).

Here's the problem:

You have a message awaiting retrieval. Click the button below to download it [Download Now]
    This message seems to indicate a problem with MMS messaging (the picture and video message sending and receiving). Text messaging may otherwise be working correctly. Check with your provider they may have made changes to the APN settings. You may have to change your settings (Telus Feb 2024 - https://www.telus.com/en/support/art...r-apn-settings. )

In Blackberry 10 go to the BlackBerry Hub - Settings - Text Messages - Change SMS and MMS Settings" - "Advanced" . Scroll down to "MMSC URL" and check that setting vs what your provider tells you it should be. Also check the Proxy URL setting vs what the provider tells you. Be aware there may be a port setting you will add to the end of that setting by using the colon : and a 4 digit number (usually). That will be on your providers info as something like MMS proxy and MMS port (combine the two like this proxy.something.something.something:#### . Be sure to select "Save" after any changes you make to ensure they take effect. This should fix the problem. Take a pricture of the before settings in case this doesn't solve your problem specifically.
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 04-03-24 at 11:20 PM.
    04-03-24 10:22 PM