Is it that my fingers are unusually fat or is this device really hard to edit text?
    08-12-13 09:59 AM
    It can be a bit clunky at times. 10.2 is bringing better text editing.
    08-12-13 10:16 AM
    I can't even hit some targets on the screen, like the button to clear the URL in my browser. Positioning text is also a pain.. the cursor lands somewhere randomly in the general area where I pushed (if it even registers) and then I have to move it around.

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or that this hassle is something where you get accustomed to as a touchscreen user.
    08-12-13 12:11 PM
    I've used Android devices and an iPhone, and I've never had to struggle so much with text selection and editing.
    Really really miss the trackpad for functionality.

I've heard that 10.2 brings big improvements and am cautiously optimistic, although I heard the same about 10.1
    Why couldn't they put a trackpad on the Q10, it's a perfect fit for the target market.
    08-12-13 01:51 PM
    I can't even hit some targets on the screen, like the button to clear the URL in my browser. Positioning text is also a pain.. the cursor lands somewhere randomly in the general area where I pushed (if it even registers) and then I have to move it around.

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or that this hassle is something where you get accustomed to as a touchscreen user.
    I was just like you with the same complaints when I first started using the Q10 coming from a 9900. Since then I've learned a couple things to make editing text easier. You know when you tap in a field of text and the circular cursor thing pops up? You can move that circle around, and when you get it close to where you want it, if you tap the little lines on each side of the bottom half of the circle, it move the cursor one space to the left or right. Much easier to control that way with precision, rather than trying to drag and drop the thing...especially when the text is hidden beneath your finger. Hope this info helps.
    08-13-13 01:20 AM
    Thanks, I knew I could tap the edges of that circle thing but I didn't realize I could drag it around. That helps!
    08-13-13 01:41 AM
    The whole editing function is hit or miss in 10.1. 10.2 improves it a bit. In either case, editing takes some patience.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 02:00 AM