I am at camp right now, and after lights out you can't really talk. So this got me thinking... there is no wife here and almost no cell signal... it would be great if you could chat with blue tooth on BBM.

I remember with my Nokia devices we used to send notes with blue tooth and it worked ok.

What do you guys thinks?

Could somebody with ins with blackberry suggest it to them.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 01:50 AM
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean? Do you mean two BBs connected together via Bluetooth and able to send messages (when no cell signal is available). I just don't see this happening, the use of it would be so limited. You need to be in close proximity for it to work.
    08-11-13 10:49 AM
    Yea... could be useful

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 12:18 PM
    This is possible as there is a WiFi Chat app where people in the same WiFi network can chat quietly amongst themselves. There is also the NFC Chat but that is cumbersome. Haven't used it though heard of it. But then Bluetooth chats maybe looked down upon as the people will be within listening range and wonder why anyone would want to chat using Bluetooth! An App developer can easily come up with this but it's utility would be limited.

Posted using my Q10
    08-12-13 08:34 AM
    bluetooth range is 30 feet max. might as well talk to them and practice social skills
    00stryder likes this.
    08-12-13 08:37 AM
    lol can't really talk. its camp. centuries of after dark rules broken.
    08-12-13 08:40 AM
    Hi AnandTaipan, thanks for mentioning my app! :-)
    I just posted an App Announcement for it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...i-chat-867138/. Didn't know there was such a forum but there it is in case anyone's interested.
    Cheers!
    10-28-13 07:37 PM