Hello Crackberry

So my sister is moving from her Galaxy Note to a white Z10. I talked to her about her needs and she said she spent majority of her time emailing, texting, and social networking. So the Z10 is a perfect fit for her needs with hub and the amazing keyboard.

However the one feature she needs is for instagram to run perfectly. Now I have a black Z10 and I have the 10.2.0.1047 with the .810 runtime and 4.10 instagram sideloaded. I have been reading all over the forums about using apex launcher and google keyboard etc. etc. But instagram still will not run properly on mine.

Problems I have encountered is
    -Not being able to upload pictures
    -Instagram crashing when camera button is pressed
    -New problem of it saying (launch in apex or launch in QNX App launcher?) option menu coming up so I cannot open instagram

So to save me and im pretty sure many others on this forum confusion and time from scanning through the 300+ response threads, can someone please outline step by step from the beginning how to get instagram 4.1 to run perfectly on the 10.2.0.1047 leak?

PS. I put this in the general section because I know ALOT of people want to know this, so please dont move this mods
    08-10-13 05:39 PM
    Tell her to stay on 10.1 until official 10.2

Posted via my white Z10. LG banter- blackberry bold 9900- Z10
    08-10-13 06:16 PM
    I have IG running perfectly on my Z10.
    First off, ditch the 810 runtime.
    Then find the 1047 runtime and reinstall that.
    Then Install IG 3. anything. Don't open it. (hide the icon)
    Then install IG 4.0.2.
    Sign in and you're good to go!

Thanks to Jamez Avila for the directions. This is what I did and it worked perfectly. And yes, it IS written in a short thread.
    jason9900 likes this.
    08-10-13 06:17 PM
    Hello Crackberry

So my sister is moving from her Galaxy Note to a white Z10. I talked to her about her needs and she said she spent majority of her time emailing, texting, and social networking. So the Z10 is a perfect fit for her needs with hub and the amazing keyboard.

However the one feature she needs is for instagram to run perfectly. Now I have a black Z10 and I have the 10.2.0.1047 with the .810 runtime and 4.10 instagram sideloaded. I have been reading all over the forums about using apex launcher and google keyboard etc. etc. But instagram still will not run properly on mine.

Problems I have encountered is
    -Not being able to upload pictures
    -Instagram crashing when camera button is pressed
    -New problem of it saying (launch in apex or launch in QNX App launcher?) option menu coming up so I cannot open instagram

So to save me and im pretty sure many others on this forum confusion and time from scanning through the 300+ response threads, can someone please outline step by step from the beginning how to get instagram 4.1 to run perfectly on the 10.2.0.1047 leak?

PS. I put this in the general section because I know ALOT of people want to know this, so please dont move this mods
    If the one thing she needs is spotty and marginally working on the phone you recommended, you did her a disservice. What will she do if future updates to Android or Instagram break the functionality it has on BB10 now?

From your description, the Note 2 or upcoming 3 (if she can wait) with the Switfkey keyboard installed would actually give her what she wants.
    08-10-13 06:44 PM
    Follow Xascha's debug token method if on 10.1, then install instagram. Or if running 10.2 I believe it works without the debug token. The apex launcher method is just to access android settings so you can set the Google keyboard as default (z10 keyboard has troubles with instagram), you can delete apex after and you will no longer have the pop up problem. The only problem I have is that you can't record videos and such, but you can view them and take/post pictures.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 06:48 PM
    I agree... use a debug token

Posted via Z10 (STL100-2 | 10.2.0.1047) Powered by Globe Philippines
    08-10-13 07:16 PM
    I agree that if Instagram is important... a BlackBerry is not what she needs right now.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 07:25 PM
    A perfect running Instagram can be found only on iOS and Android at this point. All updates can be had via the respective app markets, no need for work arounds, or worrying about something breaking everytime you sideload a new version.

Emailing, texting, and social networking can be accomplished just fine on any phone platform, regardless of the presence of a Hub or a great virtual keyboard. If she sticks with Android, they have a good one in SwiftKey.
    08-10-13 09:23 PM
    If the one thing she needs is spotty and marginally working on the phone you recommended, you did her a disservice. What will she do if future updates to Android or Instagram break the functionality it has on BB10 now?

From your description, the Note 2 or upcoming 3 (if she can wait) with the Switfkey keyboard installed would actually give her what she wants.
    The one thing she needed from Android. Hub and keyboard outweighs everything else overall so she would be happy either way

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 10:12 PM
    Wow, incredible some of the responses to this thread. Should have been posted in android sideloading I guess
    Anyway, I am running Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047. I have instagram 4.1 running on debug token method. All functions great except video. It will record or choose a video from your phone but does not make it past the filter menu. Good luck

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    08-10-13 10:52 PM
    I have IG running perfectly on my Z10.
    First off, ditch the 810 runtime.
    Then find the 1047 runtime and reinstall that.
    Then Install IG 3. anything. Don't open it. (hide the icon)
    Then install IG 4.0.2.
    Sign in and you're good to go!

Thanks to Jamez Avila for the directions. This is what I did and it worked perfectly. And yes, it IS written in a short thread.
    I followed your instructions and it says camera incompatible what should I do??
    seanpriest likes this.
    08-11-13 01:32 AM
    Simple. Get a life and stop using Instagram lol. Simply don't understand this obsession with this privacy intruding app.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 01:49 AM
    hit "delete?"
    08-11-13 01:58 AM
    Simple. Get a life and stop using Instagram lol. Simply don't understand this obsession with this privacy intruding app.

Posted via CB10
    Well thats just your opinion on the app, it has over 200 million downloads on ios and play store

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 03:39 AM
    The one thing she needed from Android. Hub and keyboard outweighs everything else overall so she would be happy either way

Posted via CB10
    Androids notification bar and Swiftkey will work very similarly, while also allowing for what the OP listed as THE ONE THING his sister needed. Based on his post, Hub and Keyboard were not the number one factor.
    08-11-13 04:46 AM
    Hi There,

Relatively new to BlackBerry Z10 (coming from Nokia N900 and N9). I am not into a lot of Social Networking (I have Facebook and to me that's enough), but I did try Instagram for the sake of finding out for myself if it will work.

So yes, I did get it to work using Instagram version 4.1.2.299001. I forgot where I downloaded it from, but it's already a .bar file when I did so. I just followed the steps from here: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...tweaks-835087/

To summarize, here's what I did:

1. Sideload the Android Runtime that is from the prior 10.2 "leak" (I believe they call this the .810 version, for short).
    2. Sideload Instagram 4.1.2.299001.
    3. Do not open the app. Restart the device first.
    4. Done.

I tested it and here are my observations on things that worked:

1. Registering for a new account.
    2. Using Facebook information to fill in the Instagram Account Profile
    3. Explore feature
    4. Taking a picture and applying effects/filters
    5. Uploading the picture (verified by logging in to Facebook and saw the picture uploaded successfully).

Videos - I didn't know it can do videos. Will try. Though again, I'm not really into this kind of thing. My daughter does.

EDIT: Whoops, apparently there is already a thread that confirms Instagram 4.1.2 working, here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1047-a-837507/.

The only difference I noticed in the steps on that thread, versus those that I did, are the following:

1. It was for Q10 (not sure if it was a factor).
    2. It wasn't indicated (or I missed it) if there was a need for Android Runtime .810 to be sideloaded.
    3. Older version of Instagram to be installed first (v3.4.4), then open the app and close it, then install version 4.1.2.
    jason9900 likes this.
    08-11-13 04:51 AM
    hit "delete?"
    Consistently predictable to find you spewing your anti Instagram rhetoric on an Instagram thread. Your obsession with this app is disturbing.

Posted via CB10
    The title clearly lets you know that the subject of the post is Instagram.

If you hate the app so much, why click on it unless your sole intent is to provoke a reaction?
    08-11-13 08:18 AM
    Shame on you people for discussing how to STEAL an application.

You want a perfectly running instagram app?

Get an iphone, or an Android!
    08-11-13 09:34 AM
    Androids notification bar and Swiftkey will work very similarly, while also allowing for what the OP listed as THE ONE THING his sister needed. Based on his post, Hub and Keyboard were not the number one factor.
    I am the op lol. And im saying is instagram is just a bonus if it runs perfectly. Notification bar is not the same as hub, it only shows "new" messages and emails. Hub is an aggregate of all your communications in one convenient place

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 10:20 AM
    Shame on you people for discussing how to STEAL an application.

You want a perfectly running instagram app?

Get an iphone, or an Android!
    Are you for real troll? It's a free app.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 01:07 PM
    Are you for real troll? It's a free app.

Posted via CB10
    Of course it is...

You're STEALING!

If the developers wanted instagram on bb10 it would be in app world.
    Running instagram on blackberry is a poor representation of the application, and can cause severe backlash.

SHAME on you!
    08-11-13 04:38 PM
    Of course it is...

You're STEALING!

Running instagram on blackberry is a poor representation of the application, and can cause severe backlash.

SHAME on you!
    Actually it runs quite smoothly for me

Oh as for stealing - we're technically running it the way the devs intended because we're doing so via the Android runtime (which is open source).

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:31 PM
    Of course it is...

You're STEALING!

SHAME on you!
    Wow is your favorite candy smarties?

Converting an APK to a BAR and putting it on a device that runs the converted files is no different than taking a glass, filling it up in a pond, and taking a drink.

What are you? The sideloading morality deputy?

The app is free. There's free open source alternatives. It's ad supported.

This is honestly the most perplexing post I've ever read from someone here.
    jason9900 likes this.
    08-11-13 05:43 PM
    I am the op lol. And im saying is instagram is just a bonus if it runs perfectly. Notification bar is not the same as hub, it only shows "new" messages and emails. Hub is an aggregate of all your communications in one convenient place

Posted via CB10
    Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. Your first post reads very different.
    08-11-13 07:52 PM
    i tried exactly what you said but it still does not let me sign back in ...its saying your version of instagram is out of date please update at the play store...
    08-12-13 04:00 AM