Hey, Guys

I Know You Might Not Believe Me But I Called Tier 2 Tech Support From Verizon Today Due To An Issue With One Of My Other Phones On My Account.

The Tech Rep I Spoke To Said The Storm Has Been Pushed Back To Middle Of November Due To Some Flaw In The Software That Verizon Wants To Fix Before It Is Released To The Public!! They Don't Want Problems Like The Iphone 3g Has Been Having Lately!
    10-17-08 06:36 PM
    although sounds like a legitimate reason, i wouldn't believe everything that tech support or instore reps tell you until verizon officially announces it
    10-17-08 06:59 PM
    ^ This Guy From Tech Support Was Level 2 Support And He Talks To The Guys That Actually Touch The Storm And He Said It Was Pushed Back To Middle Of November! Verizon Will Not Confirm This Because Of The Nda Their Employees Have But I Dont Think A Level 2 Tech Supprt Guy Would Lie To Me!
    10-17-08 07:04 PM
    although sounds like a legitimate reason, i wouldn't believe everything that tech support or instore reps tell you until verizon officially announces it
    multiple people have heard the same thing by people in the know. i heard from a district manager it was pushed back to the 17th.
    10-17-08 07:18 PM
    UGH, another date.... folks, we know it's coming out, right? Without anything from Verizon, let's quit speculating.... The only thing left to know now is the date and the price and I have a feeling neither of those will be "leaked" or known by anyone but the higher ups at Verizon. We will know soon enough.

Disclaimer: I'm going freaking crazy waiting on it!!!
    10-17-08 07:36 PM
    ^ This Guy From Tech Support Was Level 2 Support And He Talks To The Guys That Actually Touch The Storm And He Said It Was Pushed Back To Middle Of November! Verizon Will Not Confirm This Because Of The Nda Their Employees Have But I Dont Think A Level 2 Tech Supprt Guy Would Lie To Me!
    So he felt like losing his Tech 2 job (meaning he gets a **** of a lot more than having to start over somewhere else as tech 1) to someone over the phone? He also knows damn well his calls are recorded. BTW... that rep is not too bright (unless he has another J O B lined up) and therefore may not be the most credible person in the world to jeopardize his job.

Could be true, but just not smart of that rep.
    10-17-08 07:41 PM
    ^ He Even Gave Me His Contact Info And He Didn't Violate The Nda Because He Did Say Flat Out It Was Coming Out On A Certain Day. He Just Said His Friend In The Storm Testing Department Said It Was Being Delayed To Middle Of November Because Of A Flaw!
    10-17-08 07:51 PM

1. It's not pushed back.... Not sure where you Tech Level 2 man heard that....

2. I touched the Storm also last week, does that make me special?

3. I agree with the confirmation process, but it's not true of the delay , so no reason to confirm something that is not true.

4. You don't think a Teir 2 tech would lie. LMAO.... Think again buddy.......

Not sure about anyone else, but I about had enough BS.......
    Last edited by yester18; 10-17-08 at 07:54 PM.
    10-17-08 07:52 PM

3. I agree with the confirmation process, but it's not true of the delay , so no reason to confirm something that is not true.

I CAN TELL YOU WORK IN THE STORM TESTING DEPARTMENT FROM YOUR ANSWER, SORRY ABOUT MENTIONING THIS INFO FROM THIS LEVEL 2 TECH GUY.
    10-17-08 07:56 PM
    OK, Lets not turn this into a pissing contest. As it was said before its coming before before 2009. NOW, we know that VZW is a company that releases tests phones for a short period then releases the phone then tests it some more. So I semi believe this info... Again, let the info that was given be and only time will tell if this info proves true of false.
    10-17-08 08:03 PM
    wow... all I can say is wow...

I wish I was the guy at Verizon in charge of marketing. They don't say a thing, don't spend a penny an giving info to the public, they're not evasive or manipulative -- all they do is tease with little bits of info and WE do all of the release hype for them. Go outside of crackberry and look at other forums. If I was the VP of marketing I would be making prints of screen shots of all of these forums going into my boss and demanding a raise. The guy at Verizon in charge of marketing is a frickin' genius. Verizon can have plausible deniability 'cause they never actually say anything. They get all of their target audience excited and find out what products we want, what we're willing to pay, when we want it, what concerns we have, every piece of marketing info you caould want and don't spend one penny gathering this data - GENIUS. The man (or woman) should be elected president.
    10-17-08 08:04 PM
    OK, Lets not turn this into a pissing contest. As it was said before its coming before before 2009. NOW, we know that VZW is a company that releases tests phones for a short period then releases the phone then tests it some more. So I semi believe this info... Again, let the info that was given be and only time will tell if this info proves true of false.
    "Let them hate as long as they fear" --- could it be that Caligula is in the marketing dep't of Verizon?

If anyone reading this doesn't understand, just please ignore.
    10-17-08 08:08 PM
    "Let them hate as long as they fear" --- could it be that Caligula is in the marketing dep't of Verizon?

If anyone reading this doesn't understand, just please ignore.
    WHO KNOWS IN WHAT DEPARTMENT OF VERIZON CERTAIN MEMBERS OF CRACKBERRY WORK. I JUST WANTED TO SPREAD THE NEWS I HEARD FROM THIS TECH 2 GUY I WAS TALKING TOO. HIS FRIEND WHO WORKS IN THE STORM TESTING DEPARTMENT CALLED ME FROM HIS CELL PHONE AND CONFIRMED TO ME THE PUSH BACK AND RELEASE DATE BUT I WILL NOT RELEASE THAT INFO UNLESS I WAS PAID $500,000 OR MORE!
    10-17-08 08:30 PM

I got hit on BBM quite a few times today regarding this. I told them the same as you just did.
    10-17-08 08:37 PM
    Why Do You Type Like This?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 08:46 PM
    ^ Sorry I was excited about the info I was given and mad @ the same time due to I know here on crackberry discussions can get heated!
    10-17-08 08:53 PM
    i use to capitalize each letter or letters that i thought had importance lol
    10-17-08 08:55 PM
    Yeah, people are gonna be skeptical simply for the random caps alone
    10-17-08 08:55 PM
    Yeah, people are gonna be skeptical simply for the random caps alone
    They are not random caps. The forum software tries to uncap all words that are in CAPS when someone times a new post IN ALL CAPS. However, due to a bug in the software, if you "quote" a previous post, the software will not try to uncap. That's why you see all his posts in CAPS that he quoted someone in.

For example, "WHEN YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND DON'T QUOTE" would look like "When You Type In All Caps And Don't Quote", but if you quote first then if your CAPS is on, the post will remain like that.

Now that that's been explained, wouldn't it be funny if this was true and they pushed it back because they realized they really wanted to lock down GPS? lol
    10-17-08 09:22 PM
    Pushed back?........how does anyone figure the phone was pushed back OR moved up? There has not even been an official release yet and people are talking about it being pushed back.

It's quite simple, until Verizon actually puts out a release date NOTHING can be pushed back OR moved up.

These threads are getting so redundant and ridiculous. Everyother thread is this guy said this, a guy I know said that and on and on and on. So far I've seen like 5 different release dates ALL of which, mind you, are UNCONFIRMED.

Until there is an official announcement this all means nothing. If they announce it's going to be released on the 10th or whatever and you hear that it's not coming out until the 20th THEN post it's being delayed. I repeat nothing has been delayed because it simply has not been announced regardless of what some VZW salesman, tech guy, friend of a friend who works at Verizon, person in the know, tier 16 network analyst, executive looking guys floating around the store, RIM guys, or wife of the CEO of Verizon said.

When we see it in writing we will know. Lets all calm down and move on from this subject......smoke em if you got em.
    10-17-08 09:23 PM

Pushed back?........how does anyone figure the phone was pushed back OR moved up? There has not even been an official release yet and people are talking about it being pushed back.

It's quite simple, until Verizon actually puts out a release date NOTHING can be pushed back OR moved up.

These threads are getting so redundant and ridiculous. Everyother thread is this guy said this, a guy I know said that and on and on and on. So far I've seen like 5 different release dates ALL of which, mind you, are UNCONFIRMED.

Until there is an official announcement this all means nothing. If they announce it's going to be released on the 10th or whatever and you hear that it's not coming out until the 20th THEN post it's being delayed. I repeat nothing has been delayed because it simply has not been announced regardless of what some VZW salesman, tech guy, friend of a friend who works at Verizon, person in the know, tier 16 network analyst, executive looking guys floating around the store, RIM guys, or wife of the CEO of Verizon said.

When we see it in writing we will know. Lets all calm down and move on from this subject......smoke em if you got em.
    Bro, I agree with you, and that was the point I am trying to make.. I have inside info, but it's not worth releasing info, because it will be shut down by sketisiism and people not realizing where I get my info.... But with that said, In my above post, I was trying to stress the fact that it has not been pushed up, own, sideways, or round and round.... 1. because it has no official release date.....! Nothing from Verizon. Yes I know Higher up websites and organizers can post what ever info they want, but IMO they are all off..... Trust me

But very well said bro, I am tired of the I heard this and I heard that.....

Now you owe me a new keyboard!!!!! LMAO
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 10-17-08 at 09:35 PM.
    10-17-08 09:30 PM
    I completely agree with Alex1 and his take on Verizon marketing. They are genius's who have taken marketing to a very high level. They deserve those raises! They seem to have elicited any and ALL data they might need to market a phone without even spending dime one, just a few small leaks here and there. Just watch these forums and they know anything they want to. Pure Genuis.
    10-17-08 11:54 PM
    so the storm was originally announced for sometime in 08 and has now been pushed back to..... sometime in 08. thats like changing a characters name in a story from john doe to johnathan dough. after verizon and rim officially announce a date then change it will i call a release pushed back, everything else is just an eta.
    10-18-08 04:29 AM
    So he felt like losing his Tech 2 job (meaning he gets a **** of a lot more than having to start over somewhere else as tech 1) to someone over the phone? He also knows damn well his calls are recorded. BTW... that rep is not too bright (unless he has another J O B lined up) and therefore may not be the most credible person in the world to jeopardize his job.

Could be true, but just not smart of that rep.
    i worked as tier 2 tech support and monitored quality calls for cingular. Not every call is listened to at that current moment.... but if you get reviewed they usually pull up 2 or 3 random calls to point out stuff u did wrong or good...
    10-18-08 05:23 AM

Although there is not an official launch date out yet, there has to be unannounced dates that Verizon has for release dates. Well that date got pushed back. Heh.
    10-18-08 01:01 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD