I'm thinking of getting a Q5 to use with Android apps for getting around in the UK. Pretty much everything requires an app such as bus and train schedules, maps, bookings, etc.

The problem with these kind of apps (e.g. local bus schedule apps) is that they may not be very well-made, they might use fixed layouts that doesn't adapt well to different screen sizes, or compilation errors might come up when porting over to BB10. I also heard about the problems with the ported over Android Instagram app where the screen is cut off. Will there be problems running such apps on BB10?
    08-10-13 05:06 AM
    Hi andwelcometo CrackBerry!
    I have a Z10 and I sideload many Android apps and they all run fine. I use Instagram on my phone and nothing is cut off. Only thing I can't do is type a comment.

Im sure Q5 user can tell you better about android apps on the Q but I would not let that stop me from getting one. There are plenty of scheduling apps, like those you mentioned. If it runs of a Z10, it runs on a Q.

Good Luck!
    08-10-13 01:21 PM
    Hi am not getting a wechat app what should I do?? Plz reply

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 07:30 AM
    Hi there, I have bought a Q5 recently and have been recommended to use Global Call voip for inexpensive calling (https://www.facebook.com/uglobalcall...93371724140087). Can it be sideloaded on Q5?
    08-14-13 02:33 AM
    If you can justify the costs get a Q10, it's a really sweet device. There are certain drawbacks to using the 720 x 720 screen size as some sideload apps don't display perfectly but are certainly usable none the less. You might want to check to make sure the apps you need are available as not all apps will work sideloaded. Hopefully this will be corrected with the next major android runtime release which should have support for more of the Jelly Bean protocols.
    08-18-13 10:38 PM
    I'm thinking of getting a Q5 to use with Android apps for getting around in the UK. Pretty much everything requires an app such as bus and train schedules, maps, bookings, etc.

The problem with these kind of apps (e.g. local bus schedule apps) is that they may not be very well-made, they might use fixed layouts that doesn't adapt well to different screen sizes, or compilation errors might come up when porting over to BB10. I also heard about the problems with the ported over Android Instagram app where the screen is cut off. Will there be problems running such apps on BB10?
    Yes there is this problem with Instagram, but no problem wit any of other android apps, you can use Navigation app on BlackBerry, about insta, yes the image covers all of pop-ups, you have to predict the location of pop up on screen and touch it, like if I want to proceed after editing the image, I will have to touch top right corner of screen, and then it goes to next Window, but it's just matter of practice. Actually it's not really very compatible mobile screen(1:1 aspect ratio) for android apps, but this phone handles those apps better than many android phones

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 02:18 PM