Give me a BlackBerry over Apple any day! But....Every time I read articles, forums and reviews I hear nothing but negativity. This is truly THE best device ever made by BlackBerry! The company that started the smartphone evolution! Yet all you hear is... " oh you still have a BB", like they pity me. All I want to say is, this phone will tear yours apart!

So why is this?..

The only reason is PUBLIC PERCEPTION. BlackBerry has done very little to change public perception and Apple continues to sell based mainly on reputation, along with being a good phone, but amazing marketing.
    As for BlackBerry...Showing off the Z10 didn't appear to be a priority with the lame commercials here in Canada. Seriously, I don't claim to be a marketing guru, but this needs to become priority #1 going forward. Seriously, there was carpets flying around, instead of showing off the phone! As much as I couldn't care less what others think, it has started to become ridiculous.

Why the Z10 rocks..

Everything from, the flow, the hub, the keyboard are all better than most. The browser is truly one of the best on the market, and the phone is SEXY as hell! ..there's over 150,000 apps to go along with this amazing device, yet everyone just assumes it's the same old BlackBerry. Time to get this to the next level!
    What do you guys think going forward? Let's give BlackBerry a hand, who knows, maybe they will listen. Would love to be in that Marketing room!

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    08-08-13 07:51 PM
    All of that amounts to your opinion. Everybody's opinion can be different One device wont be the best for everyone. Sure public opinion on BB is high right now but that isnt the only reason the device isnt #1
    BerryWizard likes this.
    08-08-13 07:57 PM
    I'm also very excited to say this Z 10 is my favorite BlackBerry so far ..I was always a physical keyboard kinda guy but this touch keyboard is a pleasure to use. I've had quite a few different models but this device and hub is like a new car that comes to market..its going to have its bugs but once Rim irons out those bugs with these continued OS updates the Zed 10 will surely Rock for many years to come! BlackBerry forever dudes!! !!!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 08:24 PM
    I am hard core BlackBerry supporter, near fanatical maybe but those Aladdin flying carpets with fire, and some dude doing a somersault commercial = ridiculous.

The recently fired VP Sales at BlackBerry must have cried when he saw that crap. Pity. VP Marketing should have taken the bullets.

CB10 | STL-3 Z10 | Rogers | 10.2.0.1047
    08-08-13 08:34 PM
    All of that amounts to your opinion. Everybody's opinion can be different One device wont be the best for everyone. Sure public opinion on BB is high right now but that isnt the only reason the device isnt #1
    Of course it's opinion, and of course opinions are different, the point was to change those opinions. Don't care about #1, just wanted to hear your thoughts on how to improve BlackBerry's perception.

08-08-13 08:35 PM
    Give me a BlackBerry over Apple any day! But....Every time I read articles, forums and reviews I hear nothing but negativity. This is truly THE best device ever made by BlackBerry! The company that started the smartphone evolution! Yet all you hear is... " oh you still have a BB", like they pity me. All I want to say is, this phone will tear yours apart!

So why is this?..

The only reason is PUBLIC PERCEPTION. BlackBerry has done very little to change public perception and Apple continues to sell based mainly on reputation, along with being a good phone, but amazing marketing.
    As for BlackBerry...Showing off the Z10 didn't appear to be a priority with the lame commercials here in Canada. Seriously, I don't claim to be a marketing guru, but this needs to become priority #1 going forward. Seriously, there was carpets flying around, instead of showing off the phone! As much as I couldn't care less what others think, it has started to become ridiculous.

Why the Z10 rocks..

Everything from, the flow, the hub, the keyboard are all better than most. The browser is truly one of the best on the market, and the phone is SEXY as hell! ..there's over 150,000 apps to go along with this amazing device, yet everyone just assumes it's the same old BlackBerry. Time to get this to the next level!
    What do you guys think going forward? Let's give BlackBerry a hand, who knows, maybe they will listen. Would love to be in that Marketing room!

Yeah. Shame people can't see past Hipstercrap and the other apps currently in their fifteen minutes of fame.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 08:35 PM
    Of course it's opinion, and of course opinions are different, the point was to change those opinions. Don't care about #1, just wanted to hear your thoughts on how to improve BlackBerry's perception.

the biggest thing would get 10.2 out and on all the devices. Followed by following thru on promises. To me those are 2 things BB needs to get right
    bigjsmashman and BerryWizard like this.
    08-08-13 08:41 PM
    the biggest thing would get 10.2 out and on all the devices. Followed by following thru on promises. To me those are 2 things BB needs to get right
    Agreed, 10.2 however won't be available until October for most.

08-08-13 08:58 PM

October 2017 for the USA.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:02 PM

like i said they need to make it faster somehow. The cant change public opinion if they tell us about this great update coming and then it take 5 months. Go back and see how that worked on with OS 2 and 2.1 on the PlayBook.

And it will be out before Oct for hopefully for the majority of people
    08-08-13 09:06 PM
    Unfortunately people have their mind made up about blackberry. Case and point, I was talking to a younger guy last night. He asked what kind of phone I have. I told him, and he was like "Wtf a pos blackberry" ? I said hey have you picked up one lately? "No"! Then how do you know it's a pos? Haha

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:31 PM
    like i said they need to make it faster somehow. The cant change public opinion if they tell us about this great update coming and then it take 5 months. Go back and see how that worked on with OS 2 and 2.1 on the PlayBook.

And it will be out before Oct for hopefully for the majority of people
    Before October? Where did you hear that?

08-08-13 09:51 PM
    Unfortunately people have their mind made up about blackberry. Case and point, I was talking to a younger guy last night. He asked what kind of phone I have. I told him, and he was like "Wtf a pos blackberry" ? I said hey have you picked up one lately? "No"! Then how do you know it's a pos? Haha

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a few people I know, and I usually say the same thing.

08-09-13 08:48 AM
    Because until some people actually hold the phone and use its great features .... It's still just an old blackberry to them...it's like when they see a commercial they block it out because BB to them is so far behind everyone else.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    08-09-13 01:38 PM
    I love my Q10 tho!
    08-09-13 01:49 PM
    Yes marketing
    Apple does that. I phone 5 isn't all that good. Many complaints it breaks down. But he it is a apple.
    Yes there I'd a negative sentimen about BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry should now that and should do something about it. But for some reason BlackBerry does keep making mistakes over and over.
    It is a good device. Reviews keep proving that. But ones a bad reputation.......

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 02:03 PM
    I know that on iPhone, lots of people: listen to music , lots of people take lots of pictures. On Blackberry, people fly on carpets, and slide on wet grass, and do some swipey thing on the screen. I'm a Blackberry user and this is what I'm seeing on t.v (actually, Netflix on my laptop) here in Md., USA
    08-09-13 03:47 PM
    Ugh... Hit send too soon.I did manage to convince a co-worker to switch from his Torch slider to a Z! He played with mine and loved it. He is mad because he can't get the white on AT&T!
    08-09-13 03:49 PM