I installed the 10.2.0.1047 leak last night on my t-mobile stl-100-3 and all went well. Today, about halfway through the day I got a text message that my mobile hotspot data service was all used up. I don't have a mobile hotspot data plan, and I am not using the mobile hotspot service, it isn't turned on and I haven't used any other device through my connection. Before somebody asks, I did look through all 23 pages of the 10.2 bug thread, and the issue was mentioned twice, but was not resolved. I called t-mobile to inquire about the issue and got a hold of a very knowledgeable employee that was unable to fix the issue, and his best guess was that the server was seeing an unrecognized browser and assuming it was connecting through a hotspot (and by the way said t-mobile wifi calling should be enabled within the next two to four weeks.)This is a big issue for me as I am not able to access the Internet at all without using wifi. If anybody has a solution to this it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    AceofKyop likes this.
    08-08-13 07:45 PM
    Keep in mind that you've loaded a non-carrier official OS. There are bound to be issues. Most support channels won't even help you if they find out you're running a non-supported OS.

There is more than likely something in this build that isn't corresponding to the network provisioning for mobile hotspot.

I recommend re-loading your carrier official build and seeing if the issue persists.
    08-08-13 08:26 PM
    Sorry to hijack the thread but sort of akin to this issue - is there any hope of obtaining WiFi calling on 1047 for the Q10 - the leak is very nice on the Q but there is no compatible radio file like there is on the Z10 (radio from 810 makes for nice WiFi calling on my Z but no joy on my Q)?
    08-08-13 08:33 PM
    Maybe it has something to do with your apn? I have no idea about t mobile apn settings but I'm sure Google does. I would at least check it.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 08:50 PM
    I'm well aware that it is a non official os, and issues are bound to happen. This is not the first leaked operating system I have installed, and I also understand that going back to the official os would most likely clear this up. I would prefer to be able to fix the problem and stay on 10.2 with all of the new features. Like I said in the original post, I am not the only person who has had this problem and I am just hoping to find somebody who has fixed it since I have had no other issues with the os at all and it is running very smoothly. As far as wifi calling, the last I saw about it was that there was no way to get it working right now for the q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:37 AM
    I'm confused. T-Mo allows access even after your tethering cap, just not at 4g+ speeds, or am I wrong? I've not run into this problem, checked after I read this and my hotspot hasnt been touched.

The apn may have something to do with it. I had to have a special apn to access the tethering before (not since I received the z10). Just so you know, the apn on the t-mo out here in california is fast.t-mobile.com.
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-09-13 10:40 AM
    Thats what I thought too, but the browser just automatically sends me to this page every time I enter a url. My apn is fast.t-mobile.com as well, and has been since I got the phone.
    10.2 t-mobile browser problems-img_00000211.png

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 11:46 AM
    Thats what I thought too, but the browser just automatically sends me to this page every time I enter a url. My apn is fast.t-mobile.com as well, and has been since I got the phone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000211.png 
Views:	604 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	191104

Posted via CB10
    That's an easy fix and the problem is not the software. Go to the browser and turn off desktop mode.
    08-09-13 11:57 AM
    OK, I feel kind of stupid for not trying that. The browser does work with desktop mode turned off, it's just strange because I've always left that on and it's never been a problem in the past. I'm glad it's at least usable, just kinda sucks with certain websites like espn viewing their mobile website. Thanks a lot for the help, I was getting to the point of having to go back to 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 12:09 PM
    OK, I feel kind of stupid for not trying that. The browser does work with desktop mode turned off, it's just strange because I've always left that on and it's never been a problem in the past. I'm glad it's at least usable, just kinda sucks with certain websites like espn viewing their mobile website. Thanks a lot for the help, I was getting to the point of having to go back to 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    I had that problem too once. But after you are in the page look for the bottom that says "change to desktop mode " and it will work ok
    08-09-13 01:04 PM
    @OP that is an easy fix just open your browser go to Settings� Developer Tools� and turn Off Desktop mode..

Browse all you want.. I don't know exactly why but even T-Mobile tech don't know the reason yet..

Good luck
    08-09-13 02:10 PM
    I started a thread on this a while back... here's a link http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=822127

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 11:03 PM
    Lol weird problem. Thanks to those that provided the fix.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 11:46 PM
    Had same problem but bow it seems it is fixed. I can browse with desktop mode on. Please check and advise.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 05:35 AM
    Update : after 500mb of browsing, it reverted back to same issue hence as we previously thought, their servers are seeing the browser as a regular browser and not a mobile one.

Smh.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 09:38 AM
    Update : after 500mb of browsing, it reverted back to same issue hence as we previously thought, their servers are seeing the browser as a regular browser and not a mobile one.

Smh.

Posted via CB10
    I think that if you have unlimited internet it does not happen. I have desktop mode on since a change plan on T-Mobile, 3 months now. before i had to have desktop mode off.

I also have 500MB of hotspot but the phone is not using it
    08-10-13 01:56 PM