Hi,

I did a software update via desktop link for my blackberry q10. But now it's been trying to start up for about 6 hours. It goes super slow and just when it's nearly there, it just stops reboot. Nothing happens.

I tried the battery pull. Nothing. I tried connecting to the desktop Link again and setting it back to the fabrication settings... same problem still exists.

Could just about cry, I need my phone. What do I do?

Yvonne
    08-08-13 12:51 PM
    Sounds like you will need to reload your operating system (and lose all data unless you backed up your phone or had saved your pictures, music, etc to a media card).

Reloading the OS is done through BlackBerry Link.
    08-08-13 01:01 PM
    And how do I do that, please?

I thought I tried that by clicking the 'setting it back to factory setting' option. But that didn't seem to have done the trick.

Thank you for your help!
    08-08-13 01:07 PM
    You have to go into BlackBerry Link.

Ensure you're in the first tab on the bottom. Click on the gears icon in the top right corner to go into the Settings and scroll down to Reload Device Software:

Device wont reboot again after software update via BB Link-reload.jpg

Another option would be to reload the OS using the BlackBerry website:

Step 1: Turn your device OFF and ensure it is NOT plugged into the computer. Make sure BlackBerry Link is installed on your computer but is NOT running.

Step 2: Go to this site using Internet Explorer (do not use any other web browser):
    www.BlackBerry.com/updates

Step 3: Click on Check For Updates. It might prompt you to install something, say yes. It will then show a screen looking for your device PIN.

Step 4: While your device is still OFF, plug it in using the USB cable. Once it's plugged in, turn the device ON.

Step 5: As soon as you turn the device ON, wait for the OK button on the computer screen to become enabled and click OK as soon as possible.

Step 6: The device LED will turn green and the reload of your OS will begin. This process can take a significant amount of time, depending on your Internet connection speed. The OS is about 950 MB in size so if your Internet connection is slow, you will have to be patient.

NOTE: If your device boots up right away, that means you missed the timing on Step 4 and you will need to repeat the process.
    The Big Picture likes this.
    08-09-13 04:03 PM