Hello guys, I'm a BBRY loyal fan from China,beginning with a curve 8310 in 2009. I am a regular visitor of CB and it is my first time to post here. So excited!
    I found so many of you complaining about how disappointed at BB's promise of BB10 upgrade. So what if I tell you guys we have been waiting two years to gain Chinese support and Chinese input for playbook, and 3+ years to catch RIM's eyeball on Chinese market, but absolutely nothing happened. The former leader of RIM in China said playbook would be officially launched in 2012, but still turned out nothing(they are always good at breaking promises in any place). Right at this moment,we still don't have Z10,Q10,even Q5.I can't help asking"What the hell is your plan?" Okay, when the CEO announced that every PB would update to BB10 OS, we thought our time is coming,the Chinese support and input and more usable native apps. And fxxk(sorry), after the bull**** ram excuse, our PB successfully turn into mp4 player and dust collector, our last hope is gone.
    Today, I randomly clicked into a local webos forum, getting a info that a program named Openmobile ACL is soon released for the webos,it is a software that allows numerous android apps to run perfectly on crossplatform without redesigning and repackaging. To learn more about this project, I viewed their official website and surprisingly they have a plan for QNX system, that means we still have a narrow glimpse of hope to try more apps. I think it probably has a better performance than the 2.3 runtime because its goal to maintain native android experience and functionality. So we can think about it and you can drop your viewpoints below.
    The last thing,sorry for my stupid English,LOL.

Here's a link to their site.....

Welcome to OpenMobile World Wide
    08-08-13 01:54 AM
    Are you sure this is coming to BB10 or to the PlayBook? It's this a WebOS thing?....

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...obile-acl.html
    08-09-13 08:34 AM
    I hope we can get something soon -_-
    08-09-13 10:15 AM
    I contacted openmobile for more information.

I will post their replies here when they come
    08-09-13 10:32 AM
    An android compatibility layer will always be a huge compromise. For example, the current webOS users who raised money for the Open Mobile ACL Kickstarter Project for their Touchpads will only be able to run Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) apps.
    08-09-13 10:49 AM
    An android compatibility layer will always be a huge compromise. For example, the current webOS users who raised money for the Open Mobile ACL Kickstarter Project for their Touchpads will only be able to run Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) apps.
    yes but every android 2.3 app. that's worlds better than what us lowly playbookers have
    08-09-13 10:52 AM
    yes but every android 2.3 app. that's worlds better than what us lowly playbookers have
    agree
    08-09-13 11:06 AM
    That's what we have now...2.3.3 compatibility.
    08-10-13 12:16 AM
    That's what we have now...2.3.3 compatibility.
    true, we have 2.3.3 compatability minus the ability to read native code. ever wonder why you can't sideload netflix or temple or any of the worth while apps
    08-10-13 06:09 AM
    Question for you PlayBookers... I haven't personally touched mine since BB10 launched (I find my Z10 and soon to be Z30 does more than my poor PlayBook anyways.)

But couldn't you use the same debug signing method we use on BB10 to allow android apps to run native code? (which is why 10.2 allows like every android app you could want to be side loaded)

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 01:26 AM
    We could if we had BB10. The majority of apps crash like a eurozone economy when we try to run them.
    08-13-13 07:27 AM
    Similar wish for N9 Meego was way back about 2 years ago with nothing happened.
    But I really hope ACL would come so that my dust-filled PB could come alive again.
    Personally I think ACL in Sailfish will see a higher chance.
    08-13-13 07:57 AM