My battery is sitting at 54c as noted by Battery Guru. :/. This is the hottest I've seen it run. only used phone for. Voice calls. Any suggestions? Turning on air con to cool phone down now :/

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:07 PM
    My battery is sitting at 54c as noted by Battery Guru. :/. This is the hottest I've seen it run. only used phone for. Voice calls. Any suggestions? Turning on air con to cool phone down now :/

Posted via CB10
    What is your ambient temperature?
    If your surroundings are at 53 degrees Celsius that's comparatively cold, if your surroundings are at 20 degrees Celsius that's inexplicably hot.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    You must be running an OS leak (???)...an unstable/incompatible radio file will do that...if you have a hotmail or other push email account try turning off push
    08-07-13 03:14 PM
    No os leak. And ambient temp is 24c. I dropped the temp down to 30c by placing the battery on the ac vent. Sti never seen the battery get so hot :/. No leaks. Running official release via telus

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:16 PM
    53 C is hot no matter how your're comparing it....

53*9/5+32 = 127.4 F

Unless he left his phone in a hot car, its hot. (or lives in a desert)

What is your ambient temperature?
    If your surroundings are at 53 degrees Celsius that's comparatively cold, if your surroundings are at 20 degrees Celsius that's inexplicably hot.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:19 PM
    try to do a restart or battery disconnect and see if it's still happen.
    08-07-13 03:20 PM
    No this phone started heating up while I was on the phone during a conversation. Actually had to get off and get in car and turn on Ac to cool battery and phone. Way to hit to touch. And I was outside my car when this happened. Don't understand. I've used it during a heat wave and never encountered this. But kit iced that with most recent official update I've had apps like blaq reboot in middle and other apps including browser decide to reboot also. But this occasional only and after most recent update. Suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:23 PM
    Did that when I was cooling battery down

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:24 PM
    I agree. That is way too high a temperature. I turn of my unit if it goes higher than 38 degrees. I used to have this problem on the Z10 specially when I had five email accounts and battery strength below 50%. Now I use a Q10 for my mails and have not had a problem for a month. Careful with higher temperatures as that can cause serious damage to your device.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:25 PM
    Task manager, something must be active in background
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    08-07-13 03:26 PM
    As Paris Hilton would say - That's hot!
    08-07-13 03:27 PM
    I've shut everything down. Emails deleted accounts. Native twitter and Facebook closed and accounts deleted. Only app running is blaq and this. Altered weather to pull manually. So I'm going to go step by step to see what's happening. Eight now it's at 46c and I'm exposed to outdoor elements with outdoor temps now at 18 with humid ex at 35c

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:30 PM
    Had the same issue for couple of times, I think that has something to do with the communication protocols,
    go to settings , network connections, put airplane mode ''on'' , wait for 1 minute and then put it ''off'' again.
    08-07-13 05:19 PM
    I have had this issue and still do every once in a blue moon. The hottest mine got was 45c and of course the battery life was horrible. The first time this happened, after about three weeks of trouble shooting, I finally resorted to a security wipe without a restore. This instantly fixed the issue. After about a week it started heating up again, another wipe and it was fixed. This happened to me three or four more times before I realized what could be contributing to it. Any time I did a battery pull, or my phone died or anything that shut the power down simular to it when it booted up it instantly got hot. Now I avoid these situations and I've been almost a month without a hot phone. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 05:44 PM
    No os leak. And ambient temp is 24c. I dropped the temp down to 30c by placing the battery on the ac vent. Sti never seen the battery get so hot :/. No leaks. Running official release via telus

Posted via CB10
    It should not really get above 35 degrees Celsius at that ambient temperature (nit sure about gaming temperatures).
    As someone below said, go through the motions.
    Reboot the phone, if it reoccurs, wipe the phone and reload the os for good measure.
    If it is fine good, else in would say ask for a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 08:53 PM
    53 C is hot no matter how your're comparing it....

53*9/5+32 = 127.4 F

Unless he left his phone in a hot car, its hot. (or lives in a desert)
    Not really, as I asked/said, it is relative to the ambient temperature. If your phone is consuming 1W of power, that get translated jot in significantly into heat which has to go somewhere, but then phone van only dissipate heat if it is hotter than the environment. The higher the ambient temperature the higher the phones temperature - and it is not a linear relationship either, the lower the ambient temperature, the easier it is to cool something.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 08:57 PM
    Uh... yeah... uh... no.

127 F is hot. Most phones run about 15 C above ambient. If he's not in 100 F environment, which sounds like at most he's in the 80s or around 30 C... his temp is too hot. no one is disputing the warmer than ambient argument... it just lacks common sense, that his ambient isn't over 40 C.

Not really, as I asked/said, it is relative to the ambient temperature. If your phone is consuming 1W of power, that get translated jot in significantly into heat which has to go somewhere, but then phone van only dissipate heat if it is hotter than the environment. The higher the ambient temperature the higher the phones temperature - and it is not a linear relationship either, the lower the ambient temperature, the easier it is to cool something.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 12:10 PM
    Another thing that may be causing it is low signal reception
    08-09-13 12:22 PM
    Uh... yeah... uh... no.

127 F is hot. Most phones run about 15 C above ambient. If he's not in 100 F environment, which sounds like at most he's in the 80s or around 30 C... his temp is too hot. no one is disputing the warmer than ambient argument... it just lacks common sense, that his ambient isn't over 40 C.

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea what environment the OP is in. For all i know he could be in a sauna... and yes, there was someone here asking about using the Z10 in a sauna, belive it or not....
    I just make no assumption - it's better to await the data than to guess.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 02:26 PM
    Who has a sauna with AC? And who has an AC, but leaves it off in a hot room only to turn it on to cool their phone?

I have no idea what environment the OP is in. For all i know he could be in a sauna... and yes, there was someone here asking about using the Z10 in a sauna, belive it or not....
    I just make no assumption - it's better to await the data than to guess.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 04:01 PM
    Who has a sauna with AC? And who has an AC, but leaves it off in a hot room only to turn it on to cool their phone?

Posted via CB10
    I have never been in a sauna - it would possibly kill me in a few seconds.
    (I suffer enough when the air temperature climbs over 20-22 degrees Celsius.)
    Having said that - why should I play Sherlock Holmes and analyse the post. What next? Pick the country based on the prevalence of air conditioning?

If I am not mistaken a new land heat record was also recorded at 56 degrees Celsius or so - in an US desert. For all I know the OP could also be in a desert.
    The key thing is, I don't know where the OP is or was and unless the OP states what the ambient conditions are I just don't know.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 04:08 PM
    Neutro music player

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 04:18 PM
    Make sure you don't cover your hands to your bb
    Maybe the weather you live

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 06:52 PM