Since the last MR update on my Z10, I have been getting a Software Update notification - Applications update version 10.1.0.4181 - 6MB

I do the update, then, as I'm doing it, I get another notification to do the SAME update. It seems to go in a neverending circle.

I have restarted the phone, and have done the long press reboot. Still happens.

Not really a problem, just a minor annoyance. Is this happening to others on Rogers too?
    08-07-13 01:16 PM
    Do you keep deleting rogers built in apps?
    08-07-13 01:21 PM
    I deleted Twitter once and reinstalled but that was before the MR.

But now you have me thinking. I don't update apps I don't use, like Anyplace TV. You'd think the Rogers update would update all their core apps too, but I just checked and Anyplace TV is still there waiting to be updated. I've just updated. We'll see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 01:38 PM
    Foursquare and a newspaper app come from Rogers and are 6 megs. If you delete them, the update will keep coming. But only for a bit before Rogers stops pushing the update. (that's what happens to me)

I just ignore the update. CB will tell me when I need to update for real so I could care less that I don't have Rogers' version of up to date.

Posted from the CB App on my White Zed 10
    08-14-13 09:55 PM
    Happened to me last night with three different apps (DataVault, CBC Radio, FourSquare). Was a fine mess as update request kept popping up while an app was in the process of installing. As a consequence, DataVault, my most useful app by far got srewed up and I had to remove it multiple times before it would even start up again. Lost my database, as well. Simple updates turned into a multi-hour struggle to sort things out. Not impressed, at all.
    08-16-13 03:58 PM
    Since the last MR update on my Z10, I have been getting a Software Update notification - Applications update version 10.1.0.4181 - 6MB

I do the update, then, as I'm doing it, I get another notification to do the SAME update. It seems to go in a neverending circle.

I have restarted the phone, and have done the long press reboot. Still happens.

Not really a problem, just a minor annoyance. Is this happening to others on Rogers too?
    Just delete the Rogers apps. They're garbage anyway. That will solve it.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 08:51 PM
    Just delete the Rogers apps. They're garbage anyway. That will solve it.

Posted via CB10
    Close, but waaay off. That will actually create MORE update notifications. The second you download them they will reappear in the form of a software update. So you're actually making the problem twice as bad by taking this route.
    10-06-13 12:40 PM
    This started to happen to me this morning after the 10.2.1 update - keeps telling me to install software v 537 update (4 mb) and then restart the phone (Q5). I stopped playing with it after 5 tries... I guess I have to do a full reload? Koodo phone, no bloatware issues. Not sure what could be causing it.
    01-28-14 11:21 AM
    Did a factory reset and then ran the update, followed by a restore.

Problem solved.
    01-28-14 04:52 PM