Has anyone found a product that is specifically for protecting the camera/flash glass?
    I see that it's slightly recessed but not by much, so I'd like a layer of crystal clear protection, cut to cover only that tiny piece of glass.
    08-07-13 09:53 AM
    Usually screen packs come with more than one screen. You can cut away the size you need from another piece. I do not know of any screen protector that comes with a small piece for the cam/flash.
    08-07-13 10:44 AM
    Keep in mind that putting something over the camera may affect the quality of your pictures.
    08-07-13 11:00 AM
    Yeah, I figured I might have to resort to making my own.

As far as quality is concerned I would take a shot before applying the guard and then an identicle shot afterwards, to be sure it isn't noticably different.
    08-07-13 05:47 PM
    I'm thinking the same thing. Why would you have a screen protector that doesn't protect parts of the screen?

(I know obviously for the camera quality but it's impossible to find one that covers the whole screen.
    08-07-13 05:55 PM
    Yeah, I figured I might have to resort to making my own.

As far as quality is concerned I would take a shot before applying the guard and then an identicle shot afterwards, to be sure it isn't noticably different.
    Just be aware that your results will vary depending on your shooting conditions. It may be OK for indoor lighting conditions but in bright lighting you may get some lens flaring and other unwanted reflections and retractions. Screen protector material lacks the coatings that camera grade filters and glass do that help cut down on the above mentioned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    08-08-13 11:02 AM
    Just be aware that your results will vary depending on your shooting conditions. It may be OK for indoor lighting conditions but in bright lighting you may get some lens flaring and other unwanted reflections and retractions. Screen protector material lacks the coatings that camera grade filters and glass do that help cut down on the above mentioned.
    Good point.
    I may just ditch this idea and try to be extra careful
    08-08-13 02:51 PM
    Ive never seen a screen protector that will cover the camera. I assume it's because it really affects the quality of pictures taken.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    08-08-13 06:37 PM
    Even if it gets scratched, unless it's a really major scratch, it's not going to affect your picture quality by too much.

People that wear glasses or sunglasses know what I mean.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 06:55 PM
    Even if it gets scratched, unless it's a really major scratch, it's not going to affect your picture quality by too much.

People that wear glasses or sunglasses know what I mean.

Posted via CB10
    Amen

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:57 PM
    Check out martinfields.com. They offer very good (a bit pricey, but worth it) screen protector and comes with 2 set of protector for the camera lens and the LED! Good for those application boo boos. Ive been using martin fields screen protector exclusively for all my gadgets because they are so clear and good, they cover the entire screen and any other possible shiney parts (like they even provide pieces for the call and end call buttons on the bb 9900)! No cutout to omit the LED or light sensor etc that doesnt fully protect the screen (so much for screen protector...might as well call it half baked screen protector). Worth the extra money!
    08-26-13 08:30 PM
    Realook has them. Amazon.

Q10
    08-26-13 08:39 PM