I'll start by saying I love the Q10...but if this wasn't the most frustrating update of a phone that I've ever had then I don't know what else to say. I felt like I was using my old school BlackBerry and I was trying to load a Web page lol...f me...I'm just venting and maybe it was only me that had a few issues. I see ppl sideloading 10.2 and all these android apps but I have no clue how to do that and honestly don't mind waiting for whatever updates are pushed through by my carrier but this was just frustrating. I know I'm not giving much detail as to the problems I had but did anyone else want to toss their phone through a damn window lol?

I still love you BlackBerry but >:/
    08-06-13 08:48 PM
    Hey there!

Yeah I know how you feel... lol. Don't worry about it too much. Regarding installing OS leaks, here's how to:

Download the autoloader for you Q10 version. (autoloader includes all the files you require) Here's the link: https://mega.co.nz/#!jRoVVRLC!G_MM60...CH28V8G-syqVBY

Here's how to install the Leak OS

Instructions:
    Backup device with BB Link
    Close BB Link
    Download the OS and extract it (autoloader mention earlier)
    Run the File
    Connect Device and WAIT
    Once loaded and reboots, restore device via BB Link

Note: I normally set my device on airplane mode whilst updating it...prevent any disturbances!
    08-06-13 08:57 PM
    Hey thanks for that - much appreciated! I'll take a look and build up the courage to start messing around with my phone lol.
    08-06-13 09:04 PM
    Hey thanks for that - much appreciated! I'll take a look and build up the courage to start messing around with my phone lol.
    I installed my first leak recently...It's really easy and actually (i'm normally the conservative and wait for official but I took the plunge!) Just follow the instructions and take your time, most important.

Don't worry, if you run into trouble...always someone willing to help you out! Plus with BB10, you have to do alot to brick your device.
    08-06-13 09:10 PM
    I'll start by saying I love the Q10...but if this wasn't the most frustrating update of a phone that I've ever had then I don't know what else to say. I felt like I was using my old school BlackBerry and I was trying to load a Web page lol...f me...I'm just venting and maybe it was only me that had a few issues. I see ppl sideloading 10.2 and all these android apps but I have no clue how to do that and honestly don't mind waiting for whatever updates are pushed through by my carrier but this was just frustrating. I know I'm not giving much detail as to the problems I had but did anyone else want to toss their phone through a damn window lol?

I still love you BlackBerry but >:/
    It's super easy to install 10.2
    Use Firefox browzer
    Dl the leak
    Extract using winrar
    Plug the usb cable into computer
    Plug phone in and the double click on the exe file
    A dos Window will open and will show the percentage

Badaboome done!

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    08-06-13 09:25 PM
    Absolutely awful. Just updated and don't know everything that went wrong with my phone yet, but first two things are the IMAP passwords were all deleted for my email accounts. Second thing is all my text message history was deleted. Bush league.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 11:03 PM
    Absolutely awful. Just updated and don't know everything that went wrong with my phone yet, but first two things are the IMAP passwords were all deleted for my email accounts. Second thing is all my text message history was deleted. Bush league.

Posted via CB10
    Did you backup your data using BBLink? Link backs up the SMS...
    08-06-13 11:11 PM
    Ok sweet. Yea I'll do my due diligence and I'm sure I'll have questions for you guys lol.
    08-07-13 07:38 AM
    Did you backup your data using BBLink? Link backs up the SMS...
    I backed up my data before upgrading to 10.2.. but is there a way to restore my contacts/SMS back to the phone while running 10.2?
    08-12-13 04:36 PM
    I backed up my data before upgrading to 10.2.. but is there a way to restore my contacts/SMS back to the phone while running 10.2?
    Are you running .1047? Also, did you backup using BBLink? If you did, simply restore your data using BBLink:

Open BBLink
    At the bottom of the screen, select your device
    Click the Gear Icon
    In Settings view, click Restore Data
    Restore from backup file.
    08-13-13 12:12 AM
    Are you running .1047? Also, did you backup using BBLink? If you did, simply restore your data using BBLink:

Open BBLink
    At the bottom of the screen, select your device
    Click the Gear Icon
    In Settings view, click Restore Data
    Restore from backup file.
    Yes 1047, I did backup my device when on 10.1.0.4181.. but for some reason the restore fails every time I try it Were you able to do it?

I understand that 10.2 is a leak and is not necessarily stable, but I would be great if I could have my data restored on it!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 01:34 AM
    Some users have ran into problems restoring on 10.2

Try this: Restoring settings and media before app data... see if that works. If not, try a security wipe and then try restoring the data.
    08-13-13 01:38 AM
    Some users have ran into problems restoring on 10.2

Try this: Restoring settings and media before app data... see if that works. If not, try a security wipe and then try restoring the data.
    Yes, tried partial restore without luck.

I guess I'll wipe everything and start over again. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 03:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    This exact thing happened to me today. I wish I'd come on the forums and searched "will the update delete all my text messages and remove my stored email passwords and cause me so many freaking headaches that I will want to throw my phone against the wall and say 'screw it, I'm buying an iCrap because at least this stuff never happens when i update my idevices'?"

No, i did not backup using link. Why the frick should I have to do this. It's a live update, save my damn history and apply the update. What a joke. Losing more and more faith in my beloved blackberry everyday.
    08-23-13 03:14 PM
    Every update I've done to date has required me to re-enter my email passwords prior to them working again. I wasn't surprised when that happened. I didn't lose my text messages with the update.

What other things gave you a headache?

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    08-23-13 03:26 PM