I've had a white Q10 for around 3 weeks now and while I'm loving the device, I'm a bit annoyed at how easy the bezel gets marked up. Ever since I got the device I've been using a blackberry soft shell case on it. I usually like keeping my devices in good condition so I take the phone out of the case once a week to wipe off dust and what not.

What I've noticed is that the bezel has picked up a bunch of small scratches, almost as if someone lightly rubbed it with sandpaper.

I know it's not a huge thing but it's just a bit surprising to me how easy it is to mark up the metal. Especially since it's been in a case since day 1 and I've just been using it in my pocket or setting it on a table.

Anyone else have notice something similar?
    How well do you think the Q10 bezel will hold up?-img_00000095.jpg
    How well do you think the Q10 bezel will hold up?-img_00000096.jpg
    How well do you think the Q10 bezel will hold up?-img_00000097.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 05:25 PM
    Could it be the bumper your using? Are you using a genuine BlackBerry bumper or an aftermarket?
    My Z10 is unaffected using the genuine BlackBerry case.
    08-06-13 05:37 PM
    No such wear on either my Zed or Q... had the Zed since launch and the Q a couple weeks now (using the leather pouch on both).
    08-06-13 06:26 PM
    Mine took a couple minor tumbles and I was really surprised to see how badly the bezel got beat up. Luckily rest of phone including screen didn't have any problems but nice sized chunk of bezel removed where it hit something. I think the stainless on the 9930 was better and would have fared much better in situations my Q10 encountered. It is a shame because it looks really nice till it gets all dinged up at least.
    08-06-13 07:35 PM
    My Q is wearing as well. It's a metal bezel why didn't they keep is raw like the 9900/9930?? Besides that looked better. I love my Q anyway but will get the Z30 when it comes out.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 07:48 PM
    I've had my white Q10 for two months now. It's been dropped from pocket height a few times. No scratches or dings.

Cranky
    08-06-13 07:48 PM
    Maybe it's just the white version. Not a single scratch on my black Q10. Had it over a month now without a case.

I hate cases. I've not used a case since I took the leather one off of my Treo 650 in 2004. I like the feel of the devices themselves, and want to appreciate the design. (Of course I get the insurance plan)

BBM: 2AEABBAC | twitter.com/heyart
    08-06-13 07:54 PM
    BTW - no case here.. and it hit brick and cement.. I wasn't shocked to see some dings.. but it was from couple feet off ground and wasn't expecting them to be as bad as they were. The material seems a bit soft for whatever reason... still love my Q10 .. my fault for dropping
    08-06-13 08:01 PM
    Maybe it's just the white version. Not a single scratch on my black Q10. Had it over a month now without a case.

I hate cases. I've not used a case since I took the leather one off of my Treo 650 in 2004. I like the feel of the devices themselves, and want to appreciate the design. (Of course I get the insurance plan)

BBM: 2AEABBAC | twitter.com/heyart
    I think it's probably the coating on the white version as well...time will tell i guess.

Regarding the cases, i myself prefer the device without it! Hides the beauty and feel of the device...especially when it's this good (both Q and Z)
    08-06-13 08:01 PM
    Mine took a couple minor tumbles and I was really surprised to see how badly the bezel got beat up. Luckily rest of phone including screen didn't have any problems but nice sized chunk of bezel removed where it hit something. I think the stainless on the 9930 was better and would have fared much better in situations my Q10 encountered. It is a shame because it looks really nice till it gets all dinged up at least.
    The bottom portion of the bezel is plastic, so if you dropped it on that part I could see why it would get scratched...

Posted via my Q10
    08-06-13 08:28 PM
    It seems to me that the build quality on the white Q10 is not as good as the black. Especially the back cover.

Posted via my Q10
    08-06-13 08:31 PM
    The bezel is metal, but it's painted (coated). The 9900 had a polished, stainless bezel...it hid the scratches and scuffs very well. I kinda wish they had that on the Q10 as well.
    08-06-13 08:33 PM
    Some minor scruffs on the Z10 (Black) and nothing at all on the Q10 (Black) - seems the Q10 material is stronger on the edges ?
    08-06-13 11:24 PM
    Some minor scruffs on the Z10 (Black) and nothing at all on the Q10 (Black) - seems the Q10 material is stronger on the edges ?
    Z10 bezel is plastic (high quality plastic mind you)... Q10's stainless steel
    08-06-13 11:31 PM
    Could it be the bumper your using? Are you using a genuine BlackBerry bumper or an aftermarket?
    My Z10 is unaffected using the genuine BlackBerry case.
    I'm using the soft shell case from blackberry so I don't think it's the case that's scratching it.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 11:33 PM
    The bezel is metal, but it's painted (coated). The 9900 had a polished, stainless bezel...it hid the scratches and scuffs very well. I kinda wish they had that on the Q10 as well.
    Mm, I wonder if you could use something like steel wool then to polish the bezel on the Q10. I remember a friend of mine did that with an old iPhone 3GS and the results were nice, it ended up looking similar to a bold 9900 bezel. Although the bezel on the iphone was shiny chrome and not the matte finish of the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 11:35 PM
    Mm, I wonder if you could use something like steel wool then to polish the bezel on the Q10. I remember a friend of mine did that with an old iPhone 3GS and the results were nice, it ended up looking similar to a bold 9900 bezel. Although the bezel on the iphone was shiny chrome and not the matte finish of the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm, that may be an option when it starts to chip and such.
    08-07-13 07:51 PM
    Z10 bezel is plastic (high quality plastic mind you)... Q10's stainless steel
    There is a layer of high quality plastic over a stainless steel bezel. I know this because my wife dropped her Z10 pretty hard and the bezel has a slight dent in it that's formed only in a way that metal could bend. It's hard to describe, and she is out of town so I can't even post a picture.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    08-08-13 06:10 AM
    There is a layer of high quality plastic over a stainless steel bezel. I know this because my wife dropped her Z10 pretty hard and the bezel has a slight dent in it that's formed only in a way that metal could bend. It's hard to describe, and she is out of town so I can't even post a picture.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    Yep, i believe you lol. The interior is indeed metal (Z10) but exterior is plastic!
    08-10-13 06:40 AM