As the title states, I have a business line with Telus and this operates on a BlackBerry Q10 (model: SQN100-1). When in the USA, I forward my line to WIND Mobile for reduced roaming rates. If I use the CrackBerry unlocking service to unlock my device, does this specific model support the AWS Frequency which WIND Mobile uses? If so, I can unlock and just swap SIM cards when needed.

Thank You!
    08-06-13 03:41 PM
    It will work, but you won't get anything faster than EDGE.
    08-06-13 03:58 PM
    It will work, but you won't get anything faster than EDGE.
    Thanks for the reply Rich. Pardon my ignorance but when you say it will but nothing faster than EDGE, I understand this is the data speed but if not using intense data and simply voice, text and BBM (which use limited data) will I notice a degrade in voice quality or will it be identical to using a WIND device when it comes to voice, text and BBM?

Thank You!
    08-06-13 04:05 PM
    Thanks for the reply Rich. Pardon my ignorance but when you say it will but nothing faster than EDGE, I understand this is the data speed but if not using intense data and simply voice, text and BBM (which use limited data) will I notice a degrade in voice quality or will it be identical to using a WIND device when it comes to voice, text and BBM?

Thank You!
    If your in Wind Home zone it will not connect to WIND as they only support AWS connection. You will be roaming.
    08-06-13 04:22 PM
    If your in Wind Home zone it will not connect to WIND as they only support AWS connection. You will be roaming.
    That is my concern. I would like to have a single device in which I can swap my SIM cards as needed. I mainly switch my SIMS when travelling in the USA and since I'm roaming anyways, this would work. Ideally, I would like a single device which will allow both AWS and 4GLTE to co-exist. I understand the Nexus 4 works with both carriers but I'm told it limits data speed.

Thank You!
    08-06-13 05:25 PM
    I'm not sure it would work. A phone being unlocked when originally being on Telus or Bell or any GSM carrier would make it so it'd work on any GSM carrier worldwide. From my experiences it would not work on a CDMA carrier or a AWS carrier. Be careful!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 06:26 PM
    i do not know you already unlocked q10. please do not make unlocked because it is not going to work.... I had q10 which SQN100-1 then, made unlocked but it is not working on WIND mobile... please please do not make it ! you will lost your money. I recommend you sell your q10 and buy SQN100-5 which will work on WIND. Thank you
    05-09-14 07:14 PM