LEAKED SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE III BENCHMARKS OUTPERFORM GALAXY S4
    By: Zach Epstein | Aug 05, 2013, 3:00 PM

Samsung�s upcoming next-generation flagship phablet might not just be bigger than other flagship phones on the market today, it might also be better. GSMinsider claims to have uncovered Galaxy Note III performance test results in the*AnTuTu Benchmark database filed under the phone�s rumored model number,*SM-N9005. According to the results, Samsung�s new phablet is shaping up to be an absolute beast. The Note III test entry said to be present in the AnTuTu database shows a score of 22,361, topping the 21,089 Samsung�s Galaxy S4 scored on the same test. *Samsung is expected to launch multiple versions of its new Galaxy Note III and the model used in these tests is reportedly the 4G LTE model, which is powered by a 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 chip.
    08-05-13 07:40 PM
    I sure hope so.

Leaked Samsung Galaxy Note 3 benchmarks-doa.jpg

On a more serious note. Yes. If all we care about is specs, any phone or device will be DOA, since something more powerful will alway be on the line up and releasin shortly after.
    VR6 and Mister-E like this.
    08-05-13 07:47 PM
    the Z30 wasnt meant to win a spec war so really everyone above doesnt matter. the Z30 will have a tough position in the market though but hopefully it finds a spot somewhere
    08-05-13 07:51 PM
    Is the purpose of a phone these days to compete with a laptop? If you want laptop specs, buy a laptop. I bet most consumers that use samsung products don't even know what a CPU even stands for.
    08-05-13 07:51 PM
    Is the purpose of a phone these days to compete with a laptop? If you want laptop specs, buy a laptop. I bet most consumers that use samsung products don't even know what a CPU even stands for.
    I think people expect their phone to be mini computer and able to do most things a computer can do even though some of it may be more difficult. Otherwise why not just get a feature phone?
    08-05-13 07:56 PM
    I'll buy it I don't care what ppl say

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 07:59 PM
    I think people expect their phone to be mini computer and able to do most things a computer can do even though some of it may be more difficult. Otherwise why not just get a feature phone?
    That's exactly it. This was about 50% of why I webt back to bb, specifically, the q10. There are just a bunch of standard features that I needed, and with every release, these were being more and more neglected.

Posted via CB using a Q10
    08-05-13 08:00 PM
    Right now the Q10 can do everything my laptop can. What will additional specs do for me? Render higher resolution specs for video games? That's what it sounds like to me.

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    08-05-13 08:09 PM
    Of course it will be dead on arrival. I will start out by pointing out the obvious. The specs are poor. But before a million people come flooding at me making excuses saying that the specs don't matter because it is all about the "experience race", here is why they do:

People won't know how good the experience is if there is nothing about the phone that will stand out to make them buy it. The screen is only 720p, and the camera is only 8MP. Those are the 2 biggest mistakes. The chipset is an older dual core CPU matched with a quad core GPU.

Consumers do buy phones based on specs. Granted, they might not know exactly what they mean, but they do compare specs. The consumer will be comparing the so called flagship Z30 against the Note III or even the GSIV and the HTC One and when they look they will think "Oh well this one has only a 720p screen and the rest are 1080p. This one only has an 8MP camera and the rest have much higher. This one only is dual core when the rest are quad core". The Z30 will lose every time. So there's no making excuses. And what makes me laugh is when people say "Well people don't need better specs anyway". When the competition is creating devices with much better specs, you better keep up. They want the latest and greatest, not last year's technology. Remember: this device will be compared side by side, head to head, with other flagship phones.

I am sensing that someone will mention that the iPhone doesn't have outstanding specs but still sells. The iPhone sells because everyone else has one. People will also buy based on what others have and recommend. Plus, Apple has an amazingly positive consumer perception. BlackBerry has a poor consumer perception and very few people one a BlackBerry in order to allow other people to look past the specs.

The Z30 has nothing that stands out to a consumer. The specs blend in (well...they might stand out but not in a good way). It's not extra thin. It doesn't sport a great camera. It doesn't have an amazing display. The OS is a great OS, but again, there is nothing that really sets BB10 apart from the competition. The rest of the competition also has its own special place in the market. If you want apps, buy an iPhone (iOS). If you want a great camera, buy a Lumia (WP). If you want quirky features, buy an Android. BB10 doesn't have anything special. Physical keyboard, yes, but that is a dying market.

So the main point I am trying to make here is that in the eyes on the consumers, the Z30 will be a laughable lackluster phone. The specs are far behind and there is nothing special about the phone that makes you go "wow". The device won't be calling "Oh me! Pick me! I'm awesome!"
    08-05-13 08:20 PM
    ^^^ Agree. The Z30 is a great phone, but why would an average Joe chose it over the iPhone 5S/6, LG G2, GN3, GS4, HTC1, NL1020, NL920/5/8, Moto X, new Nokia Lumias, GNex 5, and other smartphones that will most probably be introduced by then? I see no obvious reason unless you are a BBRY fan.

I hope the drug that BBRY management is currently on will wear off by then and they will make some effort to make the phone more attractive. At least price-wise.

It will still sell, but I don't see the sales numbers being any larger than those of the Z10.
    Last edited by bekkay; 08-05-13 at 08:46 PM.
    08-05-13 08:35 PM
    Who cares??? The reality is when these new bigger specs come out it also comes with a hefty price!! People on this site who paid 199.00 for a phone Bit$h and moan that they dropped the price by 100.00 they complain!!! I'd rather buy a phone mid range that can function a few milliseconds slower and save 400.00... UNTIL we actually compare the z30 why don't you wait until it actually hits market and compare? Everything else is speculation and rumour.

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    08-05-13 08:49 PM
    ^^^ Agree. The Z30 is a great phone, but why would an average Joe chose it over the iPhone 5S/6, LG G2, GN3, GS4, HTC1, NL1020, NL920/5/8, Moto X, new Nokia Lumias, GNex 5, and other smartphones that will most probably be introduced by then? I see no obvious reason unless you are a BBRY fan.

I hope the drug that BBRY management is currently on will wear off by then and they will make some effort to make the phone more attractive. At least price-wise.

It will still sell, but I don't see the sales numbers being any larger than those of the Z10.
    They have absolutely no reason to choose it over the next iPhone or a high end Android phone or Windows Phone. Why should they? (which is the question BlackBerry needs to figure out). Oh and here's another thing: The Z30 isn't even that much of an upgrade over the Z10. The only real incentive is the bigger screen and I don't think that will knock anybody's socks off either. Right now I have a Z10, so why should I waste my upgrade on a phone that isn't any better or different from what I already own? I don't justify it and I am sure a lot of people feel the same way.
    08-05-13 08:50 PM
    Wasn't Samsung caught fudging benchmarks recently? Just saying...
    damien kupuku, lactose and R Field like this.
    08-05-13 08:53 PM
    Nooooo they wouldn't do that..lol come on .. fudging numbers and Samsung paying people to trash talk companies is rumor...totally not true haha

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:00 PM
    Z30 should be compared against S4 not Note 3...

But then again the conclusion is not much different
    08-05-13 09:03 PM
    Actually, specs don't matter for BlackBerry.

Here is why: Any customer walking into the store is going to say, "I want an Android device" or "I want an iPhone."

If Android, then specs might matter.

If iPhone, specs don't matter.

On the off chance that someone walks into a store with the idea to buy a BlackBerry or somehow magically gets the idea to buy a BlackBerry, that person will compare BlackBerry to BlackBerry.

People are not likely to compare across platforms.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:11 PM

Here is why: Any customer walking into the store is going to say, "I want an Android device" or "I want an iPhone."

On the off chance that someone walks into a store with the idea to buy a BlackBerry or somehow magically gets the idea to buy a BlackBerry, that person will compare BlackBerry to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Of course they will. For those who are actually on the edge, they will go by the specs. Not everyone is completely set on what phone they are going to buy the minute they walk into the store.

But like you said, there are very few people who are set on buying a BlackBerry. Why? Because of the poor consumer perception. BlackBerry isn't popular in the eyes of the consumer. That will make it even harder for the Z30 to sell.
    anon2100101 likes this.
    08-05-13 09:19 PM
    They were fudging the benchmarks for their homebrew Exynos processor.

Snapdragon 800 is Qualcomm and is going to be in every high end phone come the holidays. No point in fudging the benchmark of a CPU that will be in every competitor's phone as well.
    08-05-13 09:25 PM
    Right now the Q10 can do everything my laptop can. What will additional specs do for me? Render higher resolution specs for video games? That's what it sounds like to me.
    You must use your laptop for very basic and simple functioning. There is absolutely no way any smartphone, or tablet for that matter, will ever come close to replacing a laptop. Let's be realistic here, they are convenient and can serve a purpose in a pinch but this idea of a smartphone as a mini computer is pure nonsense for anyone that has serious work to do.
    raino, ajst222, howarmat and 7 others like this.
    08-05-13 09:33 PM
    Actually Stephen, I don't think specs matter to the general consumer...at all.

The only people that get hung up on CPUs, GPUs, cores, DPI, megapixels, etc... are enthusiasts like us. But in the greater scheme of the buying public we are the minority.
    08-05-13 09:37 PM
    +1 nice lol

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    08-05-13 09:46 PM
    I sure hope so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOA.jpg 
Views:	1844 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	189795

On a more serious note. Yes. If all we care about is specs, any phone or device will be DOA, since something more powerful will alway be on the line up and releasin shortly after.
    +1 This.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    I disagree because when they do walk in the store and ask to see a BlackBerry the salesman is going to say why pick a phone that is so last year. And people will think about specs once they are dealt that card in the store.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    08-05-13 09:54 PM
    No salesman is going to say, "Why pick a phone that is so last year?"

Because if you decide to go with the phone, that salesperson has now insulted your taste. They may try to steer you in another direction, but generally, salespeople in a store are going to start with, "What type of phone are you looking for?"

Or words to that effect.

Then, they will make a recommendation.

And like I said, most people looking for a smart phone are going to say "Android" or "Iphone." That's why it's so hard for Windows Phone and BlackBerry 10 to gain traction--people see the market as this limited dichotomy.

BlackBerry should do an advertisement with two Pied Pipers dressed as a robot and an apple leading people off a cliff while the BlackBerry user walks the other way to a Limo. As he nears it, he sees a window standing near a well and pushes him down it.

He can get into the limo with a well-dressed Alicia Keys.

Posted via CB10
    mujahid 10, always3rd and STV0726 like this.
    08-05-13 10:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    I know that this is just one story, but it is so different from how forum visitors think (yet true) that I think that it will effectively demonstrate that specs do matter.

Relative: Should I buy a 4G phone?
    Me: Why are you interested in a 4G phone?
    Relative: Because it would be better than my phone.
    Me: What kind of phone do you have now?
    Relative: I guess a no-G phone because it does not say.
    Me: What do you want as an improvement over your current phone?
    Relative: I want the screen to stay on longer while I'm using the speakerphone. It goes dark before I can press the numbers. I was hoping a 4G phone would help me with that.

This person is currently using a 3G smartphone (Android device that was a hand-me-down from me) for voice only, with light camera use (no uploading or sending of pictures) and some calculator use. Yet, the marketing had made it "clear" to her that a 4G phone is better than whatever she already had.
    Elite1 and MasterOfBinary like this.
    08-05-13 10:20 PM
94 123 ...