Hi guys,
    First of all let me say how awesome this site is. When I have questions it is a wealth of information and lets me utilize my devices to the fullest capacity.
    Lately, there has been a lot of "dooms day" type of posts, and rightly so with some of the OPs.
    So, I think I will take a break from CB, only go on it a couple of time a week for tips etc instead of multiple times a day. Instead, I am just going to enjoy my Z10, concentrate on ways it can make me even more productive (we r in the midst of moving to a different state and my Z has kept my travels, communication and tasks well organized), discover the thousands of apps already there and just keep moving, positively.
    If and when BlackBerry dies, I know that I would have had a full BlackBerry experience :-).

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    08-04-13 10:18 PM
    Hi guys,
    First of all let me say how awesome this site is. When I have questions it is a wealth of information and lets me utilize my devices to the fullest capacity.
    Lately, there has been a lot of "dooms day" type of posts, and rightly so with some of the OPs.
    So, I think I will take a break from CB, only go on it a couple of time a week for tips etc instead of multiple times a day. Instead, I am just going to enjoy my Z10, concentrate on ways it can make me even more productive (we r in the midst of moving to a different state and my Z has kept my travels, communication and tasks well organized), discover the thousands of apps already there and just keep moving, positively.
    If and when BlackBerry dies, I know that I would have had a full BlackBerry experience :-).

Dooms day posts look better to me than some of the posts in the leaks threads right now
    08-04-13 10:20 PM
    Some of the negativity has diminished since Black Friday, but since then, I have spent less and less time in General Discussion and News and Rumors. I don't see near the constructive convos people convince themselves they are having there. Too much negativity in those forums. Good thing is, it has forced me to discover the rehab lounge and reconnect with BB10 OS , leak and sideload forums.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    08-04-13 10:34 PM
    Stuff like "if and when BlackBerry dies" is what I'd consider to be a downer.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    08-04-13 11:46 PM
    Such is life... this is to be expected in the world today; not just in a forum, but everywhere you set foot.

Do your due-diligence, pray for wisdom, and the chips will fall in your favor.
    08-05-13 12:06 AM
    There have been good and bad times in the almost 5 years I've been on these forums. Things really looked bad a year ago, too, and a lot of the recent bad stuff took off because some folks are attracted to it. And a lot of people got mad after several events last month, all in a row. So, ride the wave. Find areas that you can put up with and just let the negative stuff roll off of your back. Each day will bring something a little bit different, you just have to find your niche.
    08-05-13 12:48 AM
    Some of the negativity has diminished since Black Friday, but since then, I have spent less and less time in General Discussion and News and Rumors. I don't see near the constructive convos people convince themselves they are having there. Too much negativity in those forums. Good thing is, it has forced me to discover the rehab lounge and reconnect with BB10 OS , leak and sideload forums.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    Rehab rules! See you there!

From Zed to U via CB10
    08-05-13 01:03 AM
    I know I haven't been around long enough to talk about "the good old days", but I remember when I got my Z10 in... I think it was early March... maybe... was around the time I'd just started working overnights on weekends, and for the first few weeks I was absolutely glued to the CB10 app overnight, to the point where my thumb started to ache eventually. I think I got the phone the week before the first major 10.1 leak came out, maybe. What drew me in was the overwhelming optimism and excitement everyone had for their new phone. And then there was the US release, and it felt like there were a couple more weeks of excited optimism, and then the complaining started, and it just got worse and worse, and I think it's getting better, but there was a while there that I just didn't want to read the CB forums anymore. It was draining to wade through it all.
    alan510 likes this.
    08-05-13 01:44 AM
    Hi guys,

If it bothers you, stay out of the general and news subforums. You have five BB devices. So you have five BB subforums that you can spend time in, and in which the downer quotient is kept to a minimum (although the PB subforum has it fair share, as could be expected).
    08-05-13 05:43 AM
    I've been thinking the same exact thing and I'm only new to cb.
    I've decided to back off a bit, and when BlackBerry is publicly dissed it's not helping anything.
    BlackBerry for ever!

People that ain't brain washed own BlackBerry's
    08-05-13 07:43 AM
    If it bothers you, stay out of the general and news subforums. You have five BB devices. So you have five BB subforums that you can spend time in, and in which the downer quotient is kept to a minimum (although the PB subforum has it fair share, as could be expected).
    Why? Why is it ok for the main discussion forums to be a downer? That's where the site should be generating most of its traffic, but I can tell you that I spend a LOT less time in them than it used to for the exact reasons the OP states. And I pretty sure I'm far from the only one. It's a real turn-off for anybody who might be visiting CB for the first time looking for information or even a community of enthusiasts. With few exceptions, it's become a community of armchair CEO's and clairvoyants of doom and gloom. Who needs it.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    08-05-13 09:56 AM
    I find that I'm coming to CB almost as much as I did in the past but I am not reading as much as I used to. That's because of the rapid rise of complaints once the BlackBerry 10 platform was released in the US. For whatever reason, there was an avalanche of negativity that began about then. Sure there have always been concerns, things that don't work and complaints. After all we are talking about BlackBerry here. But the number of threads and complaints has skyrocketed in my opinion in the last months or so. I know this is an English language site and the US market is BlackBerry's largest, so perhaps that explains it. Whatever the reason for the change in tone, I'm definitely reading less and less of the forum content now compared to the spring.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 10:36 AM
    Downer thread = irony.
    08-05-13 01:20 PM
    Mobile Nations 17.065.126 readers per month. I haven't seen the breakdown per platform but I guess CrackBerry is doing quite well. Fanboys and haters all over the forums makes for page hits. Now the balancing act is the delicate part: p*ss the fanboys off too much, and they may want to find another home. Crackdown on the haters too much and they will find something else to entertain themselves with . It all makes for an interesting mix. Selective reading and a very thick skin: very helpful.
    08-05-13 02:09 PM
    Downer thread = irony.
    LMAO. Point well taken.

08-05-13 10:58 PM
    Ouch.

08-05-13 10:59 PM