Just a quick question... Who has used the NFC technology in their Bold and what did you use it for? Trying to get ideas! Lol
    08-04-13 07:21 PM
    How about Miracast and Wifi Direct

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 07:24 PM
    How about Miracast and Wifi Direct

Posted via CB10
    How about you read before spouting off nonsense.

Anyways to the OP. When I had my 9900 I used it to make mobile payments like a credit card in a store. Used it to transfer pictures. And used it to active/disable profiles and settings.
    08-04-13 07:25 PM
    you can do file transfer and make payments at some retailers. You can also buy little NFC tags and stick them in places. Like one in the car where you set your phone on it and it will turn on bluetooth and shut off wifi. Its still not really popular but its gaining recognition slowly.
    08-04-13 07:27 PM
    Adding BBM contacts and sending pictures and videos to my wife. That's all so far.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 07:38 PM
    Just a quick question... Who has used the NFC technology in their Bold and what did you use it for? Trying to get ideas! Lol
    Mostly file transfer, except it never seemed to work to/from Samsung devices (except the Galaxy Nexus). Other BB, LG, Motorola, etc. phones worked fine.
    08-04-13 07:40 PM
    I have used NFC to send photos from my 9900 to my friends 9900.
    other than that there is no practical use yet implemented.
    08-04-13 11:19 PM
    Used it as a demo for adding people on BBM and sending a couple of files, but that's about it.

Used it to read off a few of my 13.5mhz RfID cards with mixed results - otherwise no till we get a secure element for something live Visa wave pay (Which was supposed to launch the UK last year) I don't think there will be much use. I also tried to read the cats RfID tag, but that didn't return anything...

The secure element is what is holding things up - I am still waiting for the HIDCord App so I can use my phone for my building access control, but HID won't do anything until the secure element is sorted out - and they appear to be waiting for the banks to do the hard work!
    08-05-13 11:52 AM
    In Canada if you bank with CIBC and use Rogers as a carrier you can have a special SIM card and use NFC like a speed pass payment, just like a visa or master Card. Pretty cool, go out to the coffee shop and make a payment with your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:33 PM
    In Canada if you bank with CIBC and use Rogers as a carrier you can have a special SIM card and use NFC like a speed pass payment, just like a visa or master Card. Pretty cool, go out to the coffee shop and make a payment with your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    i dont like how the market is controlled like that. i have a rbc account and if i want to use this feature ill need a bell sim becuase of their partnership. i think it should be freely with any bank

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-05-13 04:04 PM
    Indeed and I think this is what may have stalled things in the UK. Banks and SIM's being tied together is not going to work here.
    08-06-13 07:48 AM
    Check this thread to see what can be done with NFC tags:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...as-all-659273/
    08-06-13 01:37 PM
    you can do file transfer and make payments at some retailers. You can also buy little NFC tags and stick them in places. Like one in the car where you set your phone on it and it will turn on bluetooth and shut off wifi. Its still not really popular but its gaining recognition slowly.
    That's a greate use of it, never thought about it, how or where can I get those?
    08-06-13 01:42 PM
    BBM Contacts
    Smart tags
    08-06-13 01:46 PM