While I was in an AT&T store in Montgomery, Alabama (more specifically the one located in the Shops at East Chase) earlier today - replacing the SIM card in an insurance replacement for a failed Samsung Galaxy Note - the sales associate who attended to our needs informed me that Apple had played a significant role in the development of the new BlackBerry 10 phones. He told me this after I asked to see the BlackBerry Q10. Right now I am wondering why he told me this.

I have never heard this before so I am also wondering why I have never heard this before if it is, in fact, true. So. Could someone please enlighten me as to whether this is true or false.

Thanks in advance.

Peace...

P. S. I have the BlackBerry Z10 right now and I am not thinking of changing to anything else other than a BlackBerry 10 phone with a physical keyboard.
    08-03-13 09:29 PM
    Not that I know of.. Samsung did though, lol. Samsung plays a part in every smartphone made. Sounds like your AT&T guy was just looking for an in to talk about Apple and hopefully sell you on a Apple device.

Realistically though, Apple also plays a part in every smartphone.. WebKit is for all intents and purposes, their project. AT&T dude was just being a little too liberal with comments. Technically speaking, Apple, Samsung, Motorola, BlackBerry, Google.. all play a part in just about EVERY smartphone made.

They all own patents to mobile devices, mobile networks and mobile components. You'd be hard pressed to find a device with ZERO parts from a competing company in any device.

So in short, sure.. Apple played a part in bringing BlackBerry 10 to market but only by way of business.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    08-03-13 09:33 PM
    Must have. It does have rounded corners.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 09:35 PM
    Must have. It does have rounded corners.

Posted via CB10
    It's a miracle that Apple's patent lawyers haven't descended upon BBRY like vultures for daring to design a phone with round corners.
    08-03-13 10:06 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze. I was thinking the same thing, but at the time I just wasn't interested in engaging in a sparring match about the pros of non-iPhone ownership. Smiles!

Peace...
    08-05-13 02:47 PM