Hey, just today my phone started acting up everytime I tried to access Text Messages, Messages the follow error; "Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException" would just keep appearing I saw some solutions which lead to connecting with the computer however sadly aswell my Phone USB Port is broken and won't work I had several issues getting pretty annoyed with this phone. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this I'd gladly appreciate it thank you.
    08-02-13 09:10 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

So is this when opening up Texts list via Text Messages icon, or when you open your main Messages app, or when you open up a particular Text chat?

Also what is your current OS version? Do you know how to find that number?

Have you tried rebooting the phone?
    With BB fully powered on, remove battery, wait 30 seconds, then replaced battery to initiate reboot. Try that first right now if you hadn't already.
    08-02-13 09:30 PM
    I'm not quite sure about my OS version however I did try removing the battery and waiting 30 seconds even longer few other tries. The phone even randomly just reboots itself at times which is quite annoying especially during a call.
    08-02-13 09:59 PM
    Oh.. and this is Text Messages icon I can't seem to access the Texts list.
    08-02-13 10:09 PM
    Your USB is broken, but you can probably connect to DesktopSoftware using Bluetooth and back up your phone. Then, do a security wipe and restore your backup, again using Bluetooth. I'm thinking that maybe some file has gotten corrupted. The security wipe will put the os back to factory. Hopefully the restore won't put back the glitch, but I don't think it will.
    08-02-13 10:44 PM
    Sadly, I wasn't able to backup successful so I just saved important contacts and wiped the phone it seems to work but still quite disappointing although I hope some of these stupid issues are gone I appreciate all the help!
    08-03-13 04:49 PM
    Hey, just today my phone started acting up everytime I tried to access Text Messages, Messages the follow error; "Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException" would just keep appearing I saw some solutions which lead to connecting with the computer however sadly aswell my Phone USB Port is broken and won't work I had several issues getting pretty annoyed with this phone. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this I'd gladly appreciate it thank you.
    You will be able to figure out what's wrong but sadly without a USB you won't be able to fix the problem, you will need to connect your device to blackberry desktop software to remove the application or applications causing the error , for anyone else .....

Ok I figured this out

1) alt lglg - this will show the entire event log
    2) click the blackberry key then select "options"

what we want to do is basically see what application or applications in the event log is causing the error,
    In order to do that...

3) Click the blackberry key again... Select "hide all types"

Now we don't see anything in the event log, all the filters are unselected,

Scroll down in the list till you find the "java exception" filter, click it... You will see a small menu , select "toggle filter"

Now you will see exactly what application or applications is causing the java exception error :-)

Mine was facebook, it could be anything you never know,

Now.... Open up blackberry desktop , go to applications, remove the application or applications causing the error,

Select Update

Your device will now update then reboot, this might take over ten minutes, be patient

This will work :-)
    08-21-14 04:33 PM