Help. I cannot unlock my Z10. I am at 7/10 password. The problem is the blue ALT at the top right AND I'm on simple password. I don't know how it got there and I don't know how to get rid of the it. I've tried restarting and pulling the battery. Please tell me someone has had this problem?
    08-02-13 05:20 PM
    Not sure, but maybe try unlocking by plugging into your computer?
    BB10dude likes this.
    08-02-13 05:26 PM
    I tried. It says I have to unlock it on the device first.
    08-02-13 05:34 PM
    Pressing the ALT key again doesn't work? I don't see a way to work around that

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 05:46 PM
    Thanks for replying. The thing is, being the Z10 and using simple password there is no ALT key! Unless I'm missing something?
    08-02-13 05:50 PM
    Ok so I use simple password too and I just checked. I have the Blue ALT key on the top right as well. Its the first time I have noticed it. However I just entered my numeric password and it worked just fine. Can you please answer a couple of questions even though they might seem obvious.

1. Did to opt to change to simple password or is that happening by itself too?
    2. Is your password numeric? If yes, then what exactly happens when you do type that numeric password? Are you getting alphabets instead or what?
    BB10dude likes this.
    08-02-13 07:26 PM
    Yes I changed to simple password myself when i got the update. I've been using it for days now.
    My password is numberic. When i enter it, I see numbers and it looks correct but then is not accepted.
    08-02-13 07:42 PM
    Can you press the alt to change it? Just a suggestion, don't know if it'll work.

Hold down the power button on the top if you get to 9/10. Hopefully that just restarts your Berry and brings back the simple password or numeric pad.

Don't wipe that thing!
    BB10dude likes this.
    08-02-13 07:49 PM
    Yes I changed to simple password myself when i got the update. I've been using it for days now.
    My password is numberic. When i enter it, I see numbers and it looks correct but then is not accepted.
    Okay so Im certain about one thing. I have checked two more times and the Blue Alt sign on the top right is always there. So that could not be the source of the problem. Sorry I cannot be of much more help. However consider this - you might be entering an old password you used somewhere else and not the one you set up for this device. (happens to the best of us)

If not I guess best to get in touch with an expert or if you are okay with losing data and setting up the device again, then just enter it 3 more times and it should reset the device. All the best.
    BB10dude likes this.
    08-02-13 07:51 PM
    I got it to work! Wow that was a long 3 hours. Im not sure what I did but thank goodness it unlocked. Thanks for the suggestions all.
    p.s. I have been typing all of this on my ipad and wow did I EVER miss my Z10 keyboard.
    monil11 likes this.
    08-02-13 08:01 PM